Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Marathon 2024

Options
1111213141517»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,980 ✭✭✭✭event

I'd say you'll get one easily enough

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Last year when they allowed more signups after the refunds window, that was first come first served and that lasted for about 2 weeks. There were loads looking for someone to transfer their entry to in the transfer window as well so you should get one very easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Praetorian22

Hi Folks,

Sorry for being completely out of the loop here and likely asking a question that's been asked 1000 times.

I'm looking to do the Dublin Marathon this year and I understand "general admission" is long gone and sold out with the other potential channel for entry being via a Charity. I've looked at the Real Buzz website highlighted in an earlier post and contacted a cancer society and was quoted a minimum of €1200 for entry.

Is this the going norm? Is there no charity that gives you the chance to raise whatever is possible.

I had hoped to do the marathon in honour of my late mother who passed away in 2023. In an ideal world I was looking to do it for St Frances Hopice but don't seem them listed as a charity partner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Does it say when the last point you can sign up with them is?

There seemed to be a good few going on this forum last year so I'd keep an eye but it would be terrible if you didn't get a number after putting in the training

Different charities request different amounts. And I see your point but they do need to set an amount. Cos otherwise people will just take a slot and raise about €50

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭T-Bird

The Dublin Marathon organisers and Dublin City Council have announced that the start and finish location of the Irish Life Dublin Marathon will be in the city centre on Sunday, October 27th.

Reads to me like the start/finish will change though

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭TheRef

Yeah, the start/finish map has the new locations and look grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,403 ✭✭✭Trampas

Minimal change but will prevent the walk around the first corner. I’d use the words city centre streets lightly. We use to run through the city centre but not since they removed the part around trinity at the start and end of the race

• Advertisement

Looking at it, I wonder for the finish will they still send it up the Merrion Road and then veer off left to the Pembroke road. Cross the canal and go right to Herbert Place then left to Mount Street Upper.

The few bends could make it interesting at the end

• Registered Users Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

"We’ve listened & have taken onboard your feedback regarding the refund & transfer windows for 2024 – making them as late as feasible ahead of race day "

For more information on the details & key dates https://irishlifedublinmarathon.ie/refunds-and-transfers/

so €5 to transfer in half and €10 for full. Is there something different that makes it twice the cost?

Might be an eventmaster cost, ye never know. The fact it is open until August is a good thing IMO.

I'll tell ye what though, I wont moan about the cost again (it is expennsive). Mate of mine does all this crossfit craic and the latest craze is Hyrox. Its basically crossfit and sprints. There is a competition in Dublin in November in the RDS. Its €114 to enter. And you get a 'patch' at the end.

No roads closed, no goodie bags etc etc. Makes the marathon seem cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭brick tamland

Wasnt it 30 or 35 to transfer last year and no option in Half.

can't complain too much here 😜

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Chun the Unavoidable

they are still the old ones on the map.

by going to Mount Street Upper I guess the finish is around pepper cannister church/merrion square east so we can move into the baggage area - so a 90 degree turn off Northumberland road onto Warrington place, then another 90 degree into mount street upper.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭CassieManson

If you look at the bottom of the page you will see the new start/finish area details

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Fair play to them, they stood their ground well by the looks of it.

Think the start will be all the better for it.

Wonder will we go left at the canal and the round to the church rather than mount street. Would say they still have all of mount street closed due to where new baggage area is. Compromise seems to be not having a large gantry to put up and close/reopen the street within the hour etc.

Strange baggage area is where the finish line was

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭pc11

The new start line looks fine but I think the walk from the bag drop to the start will now be longer. Not sure about the finish, I don't like the idea of doing at least 2 sharp turns in the last few hundred metres. But it looks like it might be quicker to get back to the bag collection afterwards and hopefully do away with that torturous convoluted walk all the way around last year to get out of the finish area and back to the Clare St and Fenian St area. That was awful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,005 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I don't know Dublin at all lads, is the Mespil still close to the start finish line. I always book in there and find it very handy.

The start line has been moved about 500m away, you'll be fine

It’s a grand distance for a warm up.

The main route will need to be changed as just basing it on start and finish line. Roughly I say it’s about 500m shorter. I wonder where they’ll make up the distance. Probably have use run down the furry glen

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Chun the Unavoidable

i think you are right - better start, a bit of an odd finish. Where the lads are standing in the publicity photo with the pepper cannister n the background is probably the finish line.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lazare

Ooohh, just realised I have a GFA.

Hmmm, wasn't going to race it, but giving it serious thought now.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 running_away

Post edited by running_away on

Advertisement