Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny And Gaelic Football

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

Yeah, sorry I confused you. Didn't mean to hurt you so deeply. I'll give you kudos for managing to be able to see beyond he's a tipp man, he's a wexford, and so on. But I can't agree you.

Lovely day for a salad #salad #fyp #foryou #ireland | TikTok

This is gas.

Kilkenny GAA Thread - Page 269 — boards.ie - Now Ye're Talkin'

27-07-2023 7:47pm

jimmythesulk

Registered Users

✭✭

Aren't we lucky we don't have to spend any real money on a senior, under 20 or minor football teams or development squads for footballers as well.

Look at the fools in some of our rival counties, tipp, Wexford, Waterford, Limerick, Clare and even cork wasting money on promotion of football and fielding intercounty football teams when they could just concentrate on the one code like us. And plough all their resources into that one code.

Some might say we have an unfair advantage.

Others might say it is unfair and against the spirit of why the gaa was created, what we are doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,236 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Stalker alert.. 😣

Lad , just stop now... Its embarrassing (and a bit worrying .....)

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 25 challengerbell

No confusion, the post was just word salad, a long spiel designed to say a lot without actually saying anything. It read like it was produced by chatgpt or some other AI bot.

And the fact you now try to portray me as having hurt feelings as a means to exit the conversation says a lot also. I believe your posts were in bad faith. An attack on Kilkennys football as a means to either just attack them or form an excuse for the lack of hurling development in other counties. All while completely ignoring the more egregious issue which is the state of hurling in the country. You tried to portray Kilkenny County Board has having some form of powerful influence within the GAA others dont have and being flush with cash as a reason they should be doing more. The first part with no back up, the 2nd part you yourself disproved when one of you posts showed Tyrones as having a similar yearly income. You tried to use the fact the Kilkenny football championship was straight knockout as a stick to beat them with, when pointed out that outer counties run the championship in a similar way you pivoted to attack their league system. When pointed out that their football league was actually being run as we speak you pivoted again to attack the fact its being run off now rather than later in the year. Pivot pivot pivot but attack attack attack.

My points were quite clear. We have an organisation with 2 primary sports. Football and Hurling.

Football is played countrywide and to an acceptable level in 31 of the 32 counties. The one county that it is argued and generally accepted to not be taking football seriously is Kilkenny. Kilkenny are primarily a hurling county in a province which is dominated by football, in an organisation that is dominated by football, in a country where it is the largest sport. Football being a sport under no threat from disappearing in any county, Kilkenny included.

Then we have hurling. The national sport. Hurling is not promoted to an acceptable level in multiple counties. Resources in these counties are not provided to develop the game from a youth level up. The sport is under the threat of disappearing completely in many counties and in huge areas of the country such as the north west. Kilkenny, by far the smallest football county, fielding more football teams than 16 counties are fielding hurling teams as per the chart earlier highlights this.

Yet where is the debate focused. On Kilkenny of course or earlier on the large hurling counties with the charge of do they want to promote hurling in smaller counties. Yet the same people, happy to attack Kilkenny here are also happy to keep quiet on the larger issue of the survival of hurling.

Thats my issue. I cant take the opinions of many in this thread seriously, yours included, because to me they smack of arguments being made in bad faith.

The topic is focused on the title of the thread, but you don't seem to accept that. (Tyrone have had nothing like Kilkenny's budgets for the past thirty years and more before that. But sure keep going, just don't tag me.)

My points remain the same - If you create all these teams that still lead to embarrassing score lines, playing football leagues in the dead of winter (but also deaden the league to two games a month at stages), and have a knockout (one game championship for half the teams) and a championship that runs from the end of September to end of October? A weekend intercounty (two games at most) championship, once a year? You're killing a sport and using it's funding for s&c and gym facilities for underage hurlers.

Good luuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Game, set, match: Kilkenny GAA Thread - Page 269 — boards.ie - Now Ye're Talkin'

27-07-2023 7:47pm

jimmythesulk

Registered Users

✭✭

Aren't we lucky we don't have to spend any real money on a senior, under 20 or minor football teams or development squads for footballers as well.

Look at the fools in some of our rival counties, tipp, Wexford, Waterford, Limerick, Clare and even cork wasting money on promotion of football and fielding intercounty football teams when they could just concentrate on the one code like us. And plough all their resources into that one code.

Some might say we have an unfair advantage.

Others might say it is unfair and against the spirit of why the gaa was created, what we are doing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,236 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Lad, Challengerbell handed you your a$$ and you still (try to) comeback with that??

And it is now Spring, not winter .....

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Charlie69

Do you honestly think a post from a Kilkenny man on boards proves your point?….honestly?

Thankfully one man’s opinion doesn’t represent the feelings of a whole county no more than your opinions represent yours.

Advertisement