Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Administrative Officer 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Grateful4

This is my first time in the AO process also. In the booklet it said that Stage 2 commences 27th Nov - 1st Dec.

I am confused about Stage 2 as it says ‘assessment centre’ and later it refers to Stage 2 being a ‘Presentation and Interview’

Anyone been through this process before and kind enough to explain what stage 2 is please ?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭skidmarkoner

They'll release your score between those days and then start calling people for interview / presentations

• Registered Users Posts: 3 okbreakfast

Thanks for the info, guys! Does anyone know what the presentation expectations are like and why they advise to only study briefly for it? Are there going to be more instructions or is it just whatever was provided in the initial campaign booklet?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Fizzgig Fozzywig

Hi all. I'm going slightly mad with the wait for results. From checking past competitions I think there's usually about 2 weeks between the first round ending and round one results. Hopefully we'll hear something this week. I forgot how much I hate this process. It's so drawn out and stressful. Best of luck all.

Btw, there was a link to a separate document regarding the presentation. It advised more info would be forthcoming before the presentation/interview.

• Advertisement

I would say it'll middle of the month so next week on Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Results of AO online assessments are out.

My OOM is 500+ and I see that it's those with OOM up to 100 who will be called for Stage 2 at the end of the month.

So, I'll be waiting a while - but good luck everybody!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 SalteeBiscuits

Out of interest anyone have any idea how high they reached in the OOM last time? Did it get into the 500s?

100 in the first batch isn't too bad alot of people might have taken up private sector roles by the time they call batch 2+

• Registered Users Posts: 4 CH13

Same as, wasn't happy with the tests and placed over 900+. Id say my chances of interview are close to zero. Disappointing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Shar!

My daughter passed too but OOM +1000

Sges over the moon she got through but I feel a sense of dread if it was a waste of time for her.

what’s peoples views calling over 1000, she has the open EO comp too but again OOM is above 2000 for that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭vatsie76

i was on OOM 830 in the last year panel and wasn’t called for interview 🥲

Omg. I got top 10. I can't believe it. It says interviews commence week of 27th November.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 kb1234

I was 227 last year and in the 600s this year.. not sure how that happened!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 apat7

Nice one! Congrats!

I got 146...I wonder when I'll hear about Stage 2..

Good luck for the interview etc!

Keep us posted when do call stage 2

• Registered Users Posts: 15 sunny247

I’m kind of surprised the next stage isn’t the questions they issue and have you record, I thought that was becoming a standard. An internal comp in my department is doing that for HEO.

Do we think this will be final stage? I’d hate to think I’d go through a presentation and interview twice. Once is stressful enough as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 kb1234

Last year the interview and presentation was the final stage, and then you go through clearance and offer you a department etc. :)

Well done everyone , was happy to finally have the results so I can stop checking my phone constantly 😂

I am in the 160’s very happy with that (especially the numerical 😅) hopefully called in the New year but no guarantees.

Just realised that they have reduced the minimum score in the test .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Vital Transformation

Does anyone know if an OOM in the 60's for the Irish language stream is good?

I emailed Pas to confirm how many were called from 2022 panel . 573 were called

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭dannyc31

i'm guessing thats 573 so far? that panel seemed to be still running up until a few weeks ago. or did they confirm that panel is now closed?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 plaidshirt

Invited to interview. Have never done an interview or presentation for the civil service before so not confident on the level of detail needed.

panel is closed. They are not calling anymore candidates.

This should run to Sep 24 right?

@plaidshirt Congrats. Have only done one CS interview before but it is competency based interviews. You will get the AO competencies from the public jobs websites (and possibly in the booklet for this competition, I can’t recall) you prepare an example(s) to demonstrate each competency.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 sunny247

Try to have two examples for each competency to cover the points. STAR method really helped me in previous civil service interviews. It’s a fast paced interview, I was interrupted on questions I answered once they got what they wanted to hear. Or they would ask another question to direct me if I didn’t.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Cdub

I've just been offered an AO position from a previous campaign. I'm currently an EO on 36.5k per year. My next increment is Jan 24 when as an EO I will move to 37.5k.

My question is if I take the AO in Nov, will I go to the next highest salary figure on that scale 36.9 (from EO 36.5) and have to stay on this for 1 yr until next November?

This does not seem fair as I would be less better off for that yr then if I would have stayed on the EO scale.

Can anyone offer advice on how the scales work moving from EO to AO?

• Advertisement

You will move to nearest point in scale that is equal to or high than what you are on when you start.

It really a case of bad timing but aswell you could allways delay your start date to January if you pushed the right way. Say you can leave over Christmas etc

Advertisement