Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Administrative Officer 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 sunny247

Might not be a bad idea. I’m in the civil service and they’ve already contacted my department HR.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭elfie123

Oh no way! I’m also in civil service, however I only moved to this department a few weeks ago, I wonder have they contacted my HEO lol, do you know if they contact your HEO or ur HR department? I’m going to contact my old manager from my non civil service job anyways, just incase she missed the email !

I wonder is it worth even contacting PAS, to see if there waiting on anything from any of my references, so I can move them along lol. Recently started as an EO in a new department & while everyone I work with is so lovely, the role itself is just not for me, so really itching to be offered an AO position as quick as possible 🤣🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 27 plaidshirt

I was speaking to my old manager last Friday and they said they hadn't received anything yet. Though, I am not in the CS so maybe they are waiting on Garda vetting etc. to clear.

Yes, I’d imagine ur Garda vetting needs to come back first, usually it’s quick enough only a week or so. When I got the EO position they actually emailed me first to ask my permission to contact my old non CS employer even tho I was no longer working there as I was a CO in another department, I wonder if they’ll do that this time. They also emailed me last time to tell me they’d contacted my current departments HR!

• Advertisement

My line manager contacted me to say HR had emailed about my clearance so I think it’s HR and then they contact your line manager. I think if you’re already a civil servant you don’t need to complete a new Garda vetting but if you have external reference in the last 5 years they’ll contact them. If I recall, they did give me the heads up before contacting them too.

Yeah I didn’t have to do Garda vetting for this position! It seems PAS hasn’t contacted any of my references yet, as I asked my old non CS manager and she said she hasn’t been contacted and my current HEO hasn’t said anything to me about being contacted and I’d imagine he would! Hoping this process doesn’t take too long this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 star777

PAS has received the reference from my current employer, so just wondering how likely it is I’ll get an official offer/start date this week?

You should get it straight away, when PAS received my reference for EO, I got my official offer of department that same day. However the start date will take a bit longer and will depend on the department, it doesn’t have anything to do with PAS

Also can I ask roughly what OOM you are? I’m in the 40’s, just trying to gauge when my references will be contacted

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 7 star777

Been told my clearance is being handed over for final checks today - how long does this normally take? Was hoping to receive an actual offer by the end of the week but seems more and more unlikely

This is normally quick enough within a few days but given the time of year I’m not sure it will be like that but you never know!

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Pamelabeasley

Hi all, would anyone be able to reccommend any online test prep services in advance of the new comp on the 12th? Thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭skidmarkoner

Anybody been placed off this one yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Fizzgig Fozzywig

I'm waiting to be notified of my assignment. Went into clearance before Christmas so that delayed it a bit I'd say. I am dying to know where I'm going! I'd love to know if anyone has been notified of where they're going yet.

Nothing here. References have been contacted though that seemed to actually take a little probing from me to get done so I presume I'm not imminently being called. I'm in the low 30s.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Limerick1001

Not entirely sure how the system works (i.e., skipping the queue in the case of delays above), but I’m very high on the OOM and am still awaiting my clearance to be finalised due to an outstanding reference.

Also, does anyone know whether being an ESRI employee at their equivalent of AO level would qualify one to enter this AO payscale at the same level?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭MFPM

It's hard to know. I'm slightly lower than you on OOM my manager was asked for reference on Dec 15 I was a bit surprised it was so quick, I hadn't uploaded my docs at that point.

• Advertisement

I had one outstanding reference, and on asking I was told they hadn't yet contacted them.

There might not have been urgency as they're trying to clear people below me - but still, might take some probing to get it over the line.

Fair enough. My outstanding reference was actually contacted in mid December, I believe. Christmas holidays leading to delays, I suppose. I am curious, though, at what point do they start to move past people in OOM or if they do at all

• Registered Users Posts: 9 apat7

For information purposes for anyone waiting to be called for interview - I was 146 in the original OOM and just got called this morning. Interview is on 2nd February..

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Grateful4

Thank you @apat7 I am in the 160’s but I haven’t heard anything yet , happy to see it moving.

Good luck 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 9 apat7

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Lyncheyy

I also received an interview date today for 30/01/24. I was positioned 136 in the OOM. For information purposes! :)

Does anyone have any advice on exact questions they ask etc? Based on previous experience or inside knowledge?

Thanks!

For info, they’ve started placing. I was contacted this week to tell me which department I’m assigned to and that local HR would be in contact shortly. All my references were within the civil service so I’m assuming this was the reason for being so quick.

Good luck to those with interviews!

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭skidmarkoner

Legendary thanks for keeping the updates coming

Does anyone know if there is any flexibility in terms of start dates?

I have no intention of turning anything down but I have holidays approaching and it might be easier to start after a holiday than start then take two weeks almost immediately.

• Advertisement

You can discuss this with your HR when you get your offer. When I got my EO promotion I already had holiday’s approved as a CO. HR checked with my new unit and they had no issue with me taking the leave after I had started. I’ve also got a few weeks left before my potential start date so it may not even be an issue. My experience is that they’re willing to discuss it anyway.

Advertisement