Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison Officer recruitment 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Pastey

Just finished the numerical. My god! That was a tough one, there were times that I didn't fully understand the question at first. I had to use my computer calc too which was laggey so although I'm confident Ive answered most correctly It took away more than 20 mins. I'm actually shook at how hard I found it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,523 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

If you answered them all correctly your laughing because there is no way the majority got all the numerical ones correct,

You'd have to be using maths in work or day to day to get them all correct,

Lets not forget a lot of people won't have had question like that since there school days ,

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Stretch1432

I knew it was going to be tough i did last years and was shocked at how tough it was too so iv been preparing since last year for the next numerical. I just think its absolutely ridicolous that you have to do such a tough maths exam there are plenty of other ways to test IQ.

If i fail this year il section myself to psyciatric hospital .

Does anyone know if you have to be clean shaven , Can you have a beard

I see there has been an extension in time until next Monday,

Seems a little unfair as it gives some people an extra week to practise but sure look best of luck t everyone & what will be will be ,

• Advertisement

They must have not had the response they'd hoped for. Bit mad announcing an extension after the deadline passed. I'm a bit ragin cos I'd have had time to get a calculator and not have had to use the dodgy one on the laptop.

I'm just going by the fact that most of the answers I got were options on the list 😂 they easily could have been red herrings. It took me almost an hour to get through just numerical, recalculating and wondering do I even understand the question.

I'll be having nightmares about it tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 20 recruit1994

Ye that’s pretty poor receiving an email after the deadline saying there is an extension.

I suppose it Dosnt change a huge amount for the people who have taken it already but just fairly unprofesional/poor sending it after everyone was meant to have completed and it’s quite frustrating they didn’t give a reason as to why it’s been extended. Dosnt seem entirely fair

Must not be getting the numbers expected which is good news for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 LaCla

Can we try the test again?why extend time?

• Advertisement

Anyone hear anything yet

No nothing, when you read through the test information booklet said results would be early December but with the deadline pushed out I’m sure will be mid to end of December before we hear anything

• Registered Users Posts: 45 2023recruit

Any word on anything

Anyone hear anything back yet?

Results wont be out till jan. Message from public jobs

Just received this too. Least the updated us in all fairness

Yes it would of been bad to leave us hanging.

The email didnt mention anything about that about roleplay exam so maybe its not on. It just said their would be interviews in Jan/Feb.

Be interesting to see how many actually applied for this , Anyone any idea of what number do be like,

Doesnt seem like many.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 tomjonesgrewn

Did anybody hear anything yet ?

Nothing yet

i'd imagine it'll be next week before anyone hears anything ,

No way they process everything this week, 4 day week & right after Christmas not a hope ,

• Registered Users Posts: 10 tomjonesgrewn

Yeah that's true.

Thanks mate

Never know could get an auld schnakey email Friday .

Schnakey email came in folks

I passed im onto the next stage . Best of luck to all.

Ye I got a message there giving me a batch number of 153

i wonder how many they call per batch? Would anyone have past experience of understanding the batching?

I suppose it comes down to how many applied also?

153 is quite high I feel so could be a while before being called for interview stage

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Mrsd2019

Even if your number is 800 you will still be getting a call. Maybe be later than expected but you will eventually get the call. 153 is an unreal number you’re probably batch 2

Dont say your exact oom num guys and gals you are identifying yourself. Be carefeull.

• Advertisement

I passed also I'm number 90 whatever that means good or bad

Advertisement