Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison Officer recruitment 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 3715

@yourdeadwright

No such luck here ☹️ pretty sure all I ever received was the provisional statement of results I thought that was my actual leaving cert

• Registered Users Posts: 2 TheBull8586

Im the same as you buddy.I emailed publicjobs today and state examinations.presume i wont hear anything back till tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mihail1983

Could someone tell me if they are still calling for the interview? And what banch?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Recruit101

I passed the Interview stage got news Thursday and was asked to provide scanned copy of original qualifications by Wednesday at 3pm. I ordered a degree duplicate document and emailed the prison service email. They emailed back and said send on your order for a new certificate and they will use that in the interim. Good Friday and Easter Monday between the informed date and date to be submitted but as I said they seem to be flexible if you've ordered a duplicate..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,529 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Anyone have an idea when they ring your references,

Just in regards of letting your job know your leaving, I;d like to let them know before they got a call but at the same time i don't want to let them know if i'm not getting the job if you get me,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 david_393

You should get about 3 to 4 weeks before offer of a start date, that should be plenty for your job to tell them

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Rachel2024

hey I was just wondering does anyone know what number they have called ?? I am number 887

Thank you

I'm 549 still didn't get the call, I was on to public job to see if I could get any info off them on time line but all they said was keep an eye on your messages

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Rachel2024

thanks David I say we hear definitely by May

I am 549 as well.

• Advertisement

Well that's odd

Racheal2024 from what I know and been told it's coming around every 6 week or so.

Mad to think 6 months to a year down the line ,we could all be relying on each other to have each others backs,

Best of luck to everyone , all in the same boat just looking to better ourselves

100%

• Registered Users Posts: 12 AOS1213

Hi all

Does anyone know When was the last date of interviews for the last batch? Just trying to gauge when the next batch of interviews will be called? Thanks

It's was the end of Feb

Hi all

I have 2 penalty points for unaccompanied driving. Could someone tell me if it affects the veting. Thanks

No not at all

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭timmy2772

Post edited by timmy2772 on

• Advertisement

Ahh Timmy your one of the good ones, i know yous two have some banter but giving the circumstance that could be a touchy one ,

Anyone form batch 2 heard back since sending on there qualifications

You know on the security clearances ,

My parents both come form huge families 10 kids in both, For various reasons i can't ask my parent about there brothers & sister as they can't possibly answer me , I haven't spoke to a lot of Aunts or Uncles in decades,
    Do you have to go around finding out where they live & what not now ?

What if you don't have info on some of them

• Registered Users Posts: 40 TheBackRoads

I'd strongly recommend emailing them with this, just to avoid any delays. Worse case scenario, your application gets delayed. I'd list them to the best of your knowledge anyways in the meantime

Just arkward after 20 years contacting them asking details ,

Although come to think of it i reckon i'll get the info from 1 or 2 Aunts i do speak to ,

Hey guys.

Those that have done their medical exam, how long did you wait for a response back ?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 11 CMT123

Anyone that has done the medical. What's involved?

How long after you sent the security clearance is the medical on average ?

I don't remember everything off the top of my head, but BMI (weight and height measurements), eyesight, hearing, blood pressure, and a few others.

They'll send you a more detailed one closer to the time.

• Advertisement

Advertisement