Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Clerical officers 2023 - Mod warning post #306

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭nhg

They mustn’t have gotten enough of applicants - my son won’t make that mistake again…

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

They were definitely struggling for applicants, that’s why they extended the closing date which makes it even stranger that they cut any applications.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭hairyslug

I was one of the few who sent the application in in PDF, received the below today:

“You applied for this competition and your application form was deemed invalid as it was not submitted in MS Word Format, as set out in the Candidate Information Booklet and Application Form.

Your application has now been reviewed and we have accepted your application form in the format submitted. Therefore, we are affording you the opportunity to progress in the competition process.

Accordingly, your application has been logged.”

• Registered Users Posts: 24 JALM11

Following along this thread as I also applied before the first deadline date.

I emailed last week asking for an update and I received a response stating that all candidates will be updated of their application outcome and that was is it!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Gympodie

Awful.. another week gone by and still none the wiser.

• Advertisement

It’s a strange way of doing things considering they said on the job advert that you would be doing assessments by this point….

we haven’t even heard if we have been successful in the paper sift 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 10 The one and only

If they were short of applicants at the beginning they are definitely bound to loose more interest now by not updating applications or letting people know what’s going on. It was supposed to be assessment in sept and interviews done by October.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 dukemason

Hi guys new here.

I had a call today from ags asking if I was still interested in the role to which I said yes. The lady also offed me a few locations in Dublin, I picked Dublin hq phoenix park. I have been sent more emails to complete a second more in depth Garda vetting which she said could take up to 12 weeks to which when completed I will receive a contract. Hope this gives you some more information. Has anyone had this experience yet ?

Hi!

Thats good to hear that you have received contact. Sounds like things are moving along, albeit slowly. I’ve yet to hear anymore than “my application has been logged”.

Many congratulations, Duke, had you done the assessment and interview? 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 Mc123

Just guessing but I think duke must have been on the civil service Dublin clerical officer panel which was made earlier in the year as they officer AGS jobs on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭cute geoge

I am on tco 2023c panel with garda vetting done and am waiting for a start ,I enquired off public jobs and the previous people off the panel in my county were placed with ags .I am wondering what would the average day entail if I was placed similar ,what would I need to be up to speed on ,I am a complete novice at this game

I had done an assessment after my application also had a zoom interview. I did apply for this through a competition and was selected for AGS. Hope that helps

Yes that’s right. I applied February or march this year. I had a zoom interview in September with tco, week later they asked me to do garda vetting Which was completed in two weeks. Yesterday AGS called to ask where I wanted to be placed and to do another in-depth vetting which could take up to 12 weeks. Once completed they will send me contract. This is what I was told. I’m hopeful but also this as taken such a long time. Fingers crossed I get in.

I’m also curious this is a totally new field for me.

That is great, Duke, hopefully the vetting won't drag on too long. How was the interview? What sort of questions did they ask?

I hope so. The interview was good. Done over zoom. The usually questions about previous jobs,my skills,good attributes and not so good. It was very relaxed tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Trevorfromtheshoppingcentre

What is the difference between Garda vetting and the enhanced 12 week long vetting. Obviously it’s somewhat, enhanced ha!

Do they have to check if you were ever pulled over by traffic unit or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 LAC95_

Has anyone who isn’t inter department heard back from this? I sent my application the 6th of September I’m pretty sure and have heard nothing at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Lillyrabbit

I'm the same. Sent application the start of September. Got the email "your application has been received and logged" Still waiting on anything else. I know they extended the deadline to the end of September, but said the link will be sent out mid to late September, I thought they would send it out mid to late October.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

I just got this

"You have recently applied for the above competition, and you will shortly be invited to take part in an online assessment. The assessment will comprise of 3 short tests and they must be completed within the allotted time frame. Testing will be conducted via Aon (our partner testing company). You will receive an email to the email address you have provided on your application form, no later than 12:00 (midday) on Wednesday 25th October 2023"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭I am me123

Yes got the same email just now. What are the assessments like? Are they based on verbal, numerical and inductive reasoning?

I’ve got the same as well! They haven’t given much away have they!? Does anyone have any insight at what the tests could be? (Numerical, English etc) the webcam part is interesting as well….

• Registered Users Posts: 14 FeatherySoup

Looks like the assessment is being done by the same group that handled the HSE clerical officer assessments, I completed that a couple of weeks ago. It wasn’t too bad the questions were simple enough it’s the timing that put me off, they said 9 minutes for the test but they put the first 4ish minutes towards the example section which threw me off completely. I still managed to answer almost all questions but it was a bit of a shock

That’s interesting to know thanks! What type of questions were on the tests? Was it job related or like maths tests etc?

Same - I completed the HSE assessments, they comprised on verbal, numerical and inductive reasoning tests. 3 in total. The Garda CO email I got today mentioned 3 short tests, and its the same provider as HSE assessments (AON). Presume these will be the same?

Say if you were successful with these tests and then the interview and subsequently the vetting would you say it was likely that the actual starting date of the job would be before or after Christmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 The one and only

Yes got same email today. I would think placements would be after Christmas at this stage. Good luck everyone. Hopefully we all have a positive experience.

• Advertisement

I thought the same. On a side note, still waiting on results for HSE assessment results. If we knew how we got on there, we'd have a fair idea of how these wil be.

Advertisement