Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Clerical officers 2023 - Mod warning post #306

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ashbpm

I just got an email back to say thanks for the application but I didn’t meet the required standard as set out bla bla bla. Im literally a CO atm with the HSE. Anyone else get this?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Gympodie

That is very strange. I would like to know what the benchmark they are looking for on the applications. When did you apply? I applied last Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ashbpm

I applied yesterday but before the cut off time. Really weird. I’ve emailed to tell them I am more than qualified an asked was a mistake made - we’ll see

• Registered Users Posts: 34 frances5420

Have on information Booklet, there are shortlisting applications if exceeds the number required for appointments.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 metroline

I'm sure the "bla bla bla" is the explanation...did you send a CV instead of the application form, submit it as a PDF instead of a Word document, not complete the form...you know the very basic bits to be eligible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭I am me123

Would people mind posting here in the thread when they get a link to the assessment?

The information booklet mentioned assessment links issue "mid to late September 2023." It's now last working day of September, so I'm guessing links will now issue in October?

Has anyone heard anything?

Have you heard anything back in respect of your application being accepted or rejected? I am still waiting.

I submitted my application on September 6th. I got the below automatic reply after submitting my application. I have heard nothing since. Did you receive the same email acknowledgement?

I got the exact same reply and heard nothing since, I applied last Friday. Surely, we must hear something one way or another this week, you would imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭nhg

My son got the same email at 21.38 last night, submitted the application before the original closing date BUT submitted it as a .pdf instead of as a MsWord Document

Post edited by nhg on

• Advertisement

I got an email this morning.

"Your application has been received and logged."

That was it, nothing more, nothing less.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,056 ✭✭✭✭beertons

• Registered Users Posts: 4 laura1991

How long was it from sending your application in to receiving the email to say you don’t meet the required standard? I sent my application in pdf!!! Completely missed that section in the booklet!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 TMOC

For future reference, does anyone know how you send a signed form as a Word Doc? If you sign and scan, the file is saved as a pdf. If you convert that pdf, the content gets all jumbled and isn't correct any more. Any tips? Thank you.

Teresa

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Keyman123

So true. I just typed my name and left it like that. Received the ‘received and logged email a few days ago’

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Greek2me.

I got the same message today application was received and logged...I sent mine as a pdf attachment but also filled in the application form. I didn't sign it just typed it assuming the fact I emailed it was legally proof I consented to apply?

Teresa if you use Notes app on your phone you can print, sign and scan the document then email or upload to the process...hope that helps.

On a separate note can I ask a question about transferring of salary scale. I work in Dept of Education (Clerical Officer Grade 3 on scale 16). If I was successful for the Garda clerical role, can I transfer my scale pf 16 over to go to the top of the scale for Garda Clerical Officer or do I need to go back to scale No 1? I am newly appointed to DES as I was previously paid by Board of Management so technically I am only one month in the DES but I have it confirmed in writing that I am on scale 16. How does this work please?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 laura1991

If you sign a piece of paper, scan it to your pc/laptop, save it as a jpeg (you may need to use the snipping tool to save as jpeg!) you can then copy the jpeg into a word doc

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Lillyrabbit

I got the same email.

Dose anyone know what the test will look like? Any mock exams? Or any tips for the interview?

Hey all

Anyone heard anything regarding the assessments?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 The one and only

Nothing yet. I would hope they will happen in early October.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,546 ✭✭✭billyhead

You may get incremental credit. It's up to People Point and local HR.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Kirbi

Just HR for AGS - they're not an NSSO client.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Wonderstruck

The Gardai are pulling their admin staff out of the Civil Service... I think a lot of people are labouring under the misconception it is CS job when for new starters it is NOT - they're not being offered CS job. OP I would say run a mile from a garda clerical posting but I digress... I would not be 100% clear you're going to get incremental credit. IMHO I would hold out for an actual CS Clerical role. Willing to be corrected if the gardai have promised to follow Circular 21/2004...

Anyone hear anything back yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Wex85

@Gympodie nothing back here at all yet either other than the acknowledgement of them receiving the application

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Going to be a long application process I would think bearing in mind tests have not even opened yet

@jkmanc1974 at this rate, the actual starting date won't be until after Christmas.

Same here. Nothing back since then, and that was in early September.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I was offered an expression of interest for the 2022 Dublin CO campaign. Sent all forms back in June and I am still waiting for my second strand of garda vetting to come back. It will be a very long process. Also applied for this competition just incase it was in any way quicker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Not to be a killjoy or a downer but you will most likely be waiting a long time for any word on this as the HR in AGS seem fairly incompetent and it looks like they’re handling it rather than public jobs.

Just went through some emails because it’s fairly long winded (and hard to believe) but I had a CO on my team who went for an EO level role in the Gards back in mid 2018. Did all the assessments etc in August 2018, and was called for interview in April 2019, they got high up on the panel and were sent two lots of vetting documentation in May 2019. Completed them and were told that it would take 12-16 weeks until that cleared and then they’d be brought in for training.

October 2019 came around with no word so they contacted them and got no response.

2020 was Covid so fair enough.

They received an email in March 2021 asking if they were still interested and to complete the same vetting forms they’d done back in 2019. They completed them and resubmitted them.

Received an email in May 2021 asking them to provide my contact details for reference etc, and they got a message in July 2021 saying they’d been appointed.

Spent the next couple of months waiting to hear about a start date etc, and sent a few emails to AGS HR which went ignored. Come March 2022 and the position was advertised on Public Jobs again so my colleague contacted them, they ignored the initial emails and eventually they realised their mistake and sent another vetting request.

Radio silence between March and July 2022 until my colleague contacted them asking for an update, again nothing until November 2022 when AGS HR contacted them and asked would they complete another set of vetting if they were still interested in the position. Given how bad the experience dealing with their HR department was they were never going to take the job but they’d been promoted twice in the 4 years plus the ordeal had been going on.

In a separate case another staff member got an offer with AGS, he enquired about carrying his salary over as he was on a different pay scale before he accepted. And the email was just ignored, so he left it.

Couple that with the uncertainty of what exactly your signing up for given the attempts to remove civil service status from their administrative staff and I’d hold out for a general CS job unless you’ve no other option.

Advertisement