Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Clerical officers 2023 - Mod warning post #306

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 willa25

I ran out of time for the numerical and verbal reasoning. Definitely not enough time allocated to these. Hopefully they base your score on quality rather than quantity 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭hairyslug

deleted

Post edited by hairyslug on

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭tittybiscuits

Yeah I was telling someone else on here that it took about 2 or 3 weeks for mine, that was back in mid July, didn't get the job offer until 19th September. I worked in Dublin airport years ago, was vetted for that but the enhanced vetting wasn't a thing back then. But from what I could find online it's for jobs where you need security clearance like in aviation. So even back then it was about 3 months from filling out the forms to actually getting my airside security pass. We were told at the time it was the guards that had the backlog, nothing to do with DAA or airport police

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Stretch1432

Just did the test . Is there any negative marking if you answer the questions quickly ?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 enna17

Only if you get the answers wrong, if you're right I don't think there's a penalty for speed.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,063 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Just did my tests there. Ran out of time for the first two. Tough enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭I am me123

Same here hopefully they will be ok, I'm glad I wasn't the only one who ran out of time.

Just wondering, out of interest did anyone get any kind of acknowledgement of submission of the questionnaire?

Post edited by I am me123 on

no acknowledgment but if you log back in, you’ll see a little symbol beside each section that shows it’s been completed

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Mc123

Hi How many questions are asked in the verbal and numerical parts of the assessments?

42 and 36 if I remember correctly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 MaxOle

Alright, someone has to have the answers to all the questions!😂🤣😂

I was the very same haha. Reading the thread here there was a few people in same boat as ourselves regarding running out of time with the assessments.

I, like yourself also applied for the HSE assessments, so annoying waiting for results.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 JALM11

We have until the 2nd November, so hopefully it won’t be to long after that we at least here our results

Exactly, hopefully we wont be waiting too long after that to hear how we got on. The waiting is the worst.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,063 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I did a similar type test for An Post a few months ago. I did much better this time round though, so happy enough with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Wishful1

I also ran out of time. I did one for the HSA about 6 weeks ago, first time ever doing one, and made a right hash of it. Fingers crossed this has gone better :-)

I know it’s early days but does anyone know the typical wait time for results

• Registered Users Posts: 10 The one and only

Hopefully not too long to wait now. I’m not holding my breath, ran out of time on both and overall don’t think I did great. The kids home in the house during mid term didn’t help 😭

The closing date for the assessment completion was today, how long does it usually take for results? Could it be next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

• Advertisement

I've never done one before so I am not entirely confident either!

Fingers crossed for us all 🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 10,265 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

I have no idea how i got on!?

Fingers crossed i suppose .......

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 29 LAC95_

When should we expect results? I did the assessment for the HSE the other week and have not heard back either! Anyone else?

Same as that, I also done the assessment for the HSE and no word yet on results! Surely we should hear something soon. I found both assessments to be very similar, except the Garda Clerical Officer had one extra part to it.

Could you post up here if you hear anything? I will do likewise.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Keyman123

Same here. Ran out of time for the first 2 and thought the last one was a practice test😳. Laughing the whole way through talking to myself. I wouldn’t take me on.

Hi all,

Out of curiousity, how far back in your employment history are references sought?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Gympodie

I am not sure but I think it is up to you in respect of what references you provide. I don't think they will look for references for every position you held in your employment history.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 LAC95_

I emailed them to ask and they advised they do not have a time frame for releasing the results.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Benefit Cosmetics

Has anybody not heard back after the initial email saying they had received and logged the application ? I have my assessment done but my colleague hasn’t heard anything since the initial email

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 FeatherySoup

Just heard back from the HSE test that had a deadline of October 17th. Judging by that, I'd imagine we'll be waiting roughly three weeks for these results

Advertisement