Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Clerical officers 2023 - Mod warning post #306

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 iliwysavo

I’m the same in Carlow so o assume they just haven’t gotten to our counties yet unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Juju11

Same for Clare, never heard anything since results and OOM.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Thanks for the replies there. I just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 misst16

I did the same thing 3 years ago. Left the corp world. Took a pay cut and lost my bonuses. I have never regretted my decision. Less stress and more flexibility. Can’t put a price on that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 JustSomeone3364

For those who have been offered their position: how long did it take from the formal job offer email, until an email with a start date and location?

I filled in all the Garda vetting forms on the day I got the email, and from the vetting website can see that the results were passed to the employer nearly 3 weeks ago, still haven't heard anything since...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 hyn88

I sent of my references, and passport, how soon after this did people hear back? I was 2nd on OoM for my county

Post edited by hyn88 on

Was this after you had heard back from them regarding Garda vetting/clearance?

Yes my vetting cleared and I received the email this morning and sent of my references this afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Floki1992

Has anybody else got the call to say that they have been given the job and their area? How long after that call did it take to get your contract? Still curious to see what days/times they are.

It's been 4 weeks since my formal offer and my Garda vetting (it was completed around 3 weeks ago), still haven't heard anything. The next step (from what I have heard) is checking references, which will probably be another few weeks waiting. Only after that (someone correct me if I'm wrong) do we get details on the job itself.

I'll update when I get more contact from them, but I'm not expecting reference checks to be done and to get a contract within the next month.

• Advertisement

Sorry! I should have said that I have given my references and everything has been done. I've been given my start date and station but just haven't received my actual contract yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭themom

My references were contacted within 3 days and given a start date the same week.

Just signed my contract today! 🎉

Best of luck to everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 enna17

Well done, I hope you enjoy your new position and everything works out for you 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 2 RoisinW92

New to boards 🙈

Anyone from Sligo know of the OoM that's been contacted so far? 🙈

Thanks for all the info everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Thomas_Conroy

Hi all, when completing your interview did most people just get an offer straight from there or an updated OOM?

I got an email saying I passed the interview but just for a new merit number. I applied for perm and temp so I got a number for each, both quite low (top 15)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Effy89

Hi Thomas, I had the same experience. I was top 20 OOM after the assessment and after my interview I received an email saying I had been placed on the panel. My place on the panel is basically the same as my OOM. I'm really curious now as to how many people were offered jobs in my county.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 kay093

Hi everyone, fairly new to boards. I placed in the top 10 for my county for the temp position and in the top 20 for the permanent position. I have recently took up temporary employment elsewhere. I was just wondering, has anyone been called for a position in County Louth yet?

Did your number for temporary and permanent positions came in same email? I applied for both, but received only only number 🙃

• Registered Users Posts: 4 kay093

@Juju11 no, came in two separate emails for me. Check your spam mail incase the other email went into that folder. :)

• Advertisement

Mine says

'RE: Stage 2 Assessment Results - Open Competition Clerical Officer (Permanent) / Temporary Clerical Officer – An Garda Síochána.

Didn't receive any other email ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 44 dells35

mine came back the same but I only applied for permanent

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭ColdTurkey

Hi folks, took the CT job last year, here is a timeline of events, might be of use to someone. I remember I was chewing myself up waiting. I was top five oom, so wasn't waiting on a panel, still took an eternity

Main interview result Day 1

Email to send documents Day 46

Job offer, Day 116

Job start, Day 143

Is that the original OoM, or the newer OoM you receive after interview?

I placed top 5 in Sligo, had an interview at the end of January, interview results and job offer (same email) mid February, currently waiting on vetting. Not sure if that helps or not!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 RoisinW92

The original OoM 🙈

What was interview like? 😊 How much notice did they give for the interview?

That's perfect thanks so much 😊

The interview was pretty standard for a public sector job: quick hello, introduction, then straight into each section, most of which they asked "can you tell me about a time in your career/at work when you've shown [whatever the section of the interview is called]", followed by them asking for a bit more detail.

I got an email on a Wednesday around 15.30, had to respond the next day by 15.00. A bit short notice in that sense, since "The allotted time and date cannot be changed except in the case of extenuating circumstances". The interview was for the following Wednesday, so I had about a week to prepare (read through my application again, read through the job description again).

My OoM worsened after the interview (probably more to do with my lack of relevant experience than my performance in the interview), but it was still good enough to get a job offer straight away.

Would actually anyone know, what is a salary like? Weekly? Monthly? Does it depend on the area?

Maybe is was mentioned in advertising :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 enna17

It was either in the application form or in the information booklet that came with it, did you save them?

I am away from my computer so I can't check.

It's in the information that came along with the application:

EDIT: The pay rates for public sector jobs were updated on 1st October 2023, you can see the current rates here: https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/foi/pay-and-grading/ .

For Clerical Officer (Standard), the minimum of the scale (entry pay for all non-current civil servants) is currently €534.34 per week.

Post edited by JustSomeone3364 on

• Advertisement

It's weekly pay :)

Advertisement