Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Clerical officers 2023 - Mod warning post #306

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Dizzyrascal88

Anyone hear anything from the Kerry area???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭RubyK

Anyone hear anything in Waterford?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Yeah same. I was 4th but the email saying that listed a handful of counties that would be interviewed immediately, and basically said the rest of the country would be dealt with at some point in the new year.

I'd assume they'll get those places sorted first and then look at the rest of us. I'm not expecting to hear from them for a while yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Bax2019

Hi I was in top 3 for Meath, did interview and Garda vetting says disclosure viewed. Does anyone know next step/ how long until we hear anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 niall.kennedy

hey guys. I was 14th on the order of merit on Wexford and was told I was getting an interview but haven’t heard a thing since about date or time. Anyone else on the list in Wexford after getting an interview? Starting to think they’ve forgotten me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 eMZYp83

Had interview for wexford and passed but heard nothing since - Ive saw people talking about disclosures, but i havent heard anything

• Registered Users Posts: 16 niall.kennedy

Cheers and what number were you on the panel if you don’t mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 minerva_sways

Can anyone tell me that if (even though I have notice of a disclosure being made) I'll still have to wait for those above me in the OOM to have their vetting completed and offers made before I hear anything? I'm top 5 if that matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 beckyxx12

Even though a disclosure has been made your Garda vetting isn’t completed, they said you’d get an email when the first stage was completed and then the rest would be done manually so you wouldn’t be notified

Ah yeah, I went back through the emails and see what you mean. Had totally forgotten that, thought my vetting was done 🙃

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,266 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

anyone in waterford hear anything back??

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭The Red Lantern

No word on a position for Dublin? Haven't heard anything since before Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 24 enna17

I haven't heard anything yet either 👍

I assume they will do another range of interviews soon.......

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Galway123

Interviews started in Galway this week 👍🏻

• Registered Users Posts: 23 JustSomeone3364

Mind me asking what number (roughly) you got? I'm interested to know how many people got an OOM.

Is there anywhere you can see/find out how many people applied/got OOM in your region?

I had an interview last week (<20 OOM for my region). Those who heard back from their interviews (positive or negative): how long did it take them to respond? Does this vary by region?

For those who did well, is it a direct job offer or a place on a panel (by your OOM or another metric)? I don't expect to hear an answer so soon, but would be nice to know if it'll be another few days or another month before I should expect something.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 FeelingZesty

Yes, for the TCO in Cork. Does anyone know what exactly clerical officers in AGS do please? Is there answering phones involved or like scanning or?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭TheDavester

used to work as a co, can vary depending on the office your in, HR/Finance, can be public facing, on phones etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4 FeelingZesty

• Registered Users Posts: 24 JALM11

I was just into the 40’s unfortunately. I don’t really know how it all works. If there is that many people in front of me I can’t imagine I’ll be getting a interview let alone a job offer in the 2 year window

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭TheDavester

Depending where you put down, they're desperate for people to get into the Guards...i left a few months ago from mobility and a lot were or planning to leave via mobility...

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ashbpm

I had my interview yesterday for Galway. Went really well. Hopefully will hear from them soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Bax2019

Could someone fill me in on the benefits of the job? Is there flexi time etc like civil service? Also I had holidays that I mentioned in interview and they just said that would be sorted but I hope it won’t be a problem taking them now. I’ve a week in June and want to take time off in September for my child starting school.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 beckyxx12

Does anyone know if the garda vetting will take the whole 12 weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,266 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Im crossing this off...

Lack of communication is a bit sh1te - shows they do need clerical officers though...

Best of luck to yee all still involved ..

Im out. 🤠

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

They originally posted about being in Sligo (same as myself). If population distribution is anything to go by (more people = more police = more CO positions), then there should be 5/6 positions for Sligo. [I'm aware it's not as simple/direct as this].

I'm still a bit confused about the next stage though: is the interview just something you need to pass, and then based on OOM they give out positions? Or is the OOM essentially scrapped once you get an interview, and everyone is on a level playing field again? I didn't manage to get much clarification from the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

That doesn't bode well. Why is everyone leaving?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 wanderingaround

As far as I know it's within the actual guards that a lot of people are leaving because they have sh1tty conditions and not enough resources, amongst other stuff... I had no idea it was happening to clerical officers too??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Because they are trying to remove the admin grades from the civil service and have them fall under conditions set out by AGS, so flexi time, blended working etc will all be removed.

I’ve worked in an organisation where admin staff worked alongside the disciplined staff and you are pretty much a second class citizen. You’ll have no union representation, and will fall into this kind of limbo where they say you can’t avail of the benefits regular admin staff get because you’re classed as AGS staff but you also won’t get any of the allowances AGS staff get because you’re considered admin staff.

Advertisement