Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2023 NFL regular season thread (no picks)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Fair enough but the majority are still 0-0 and I’m not worried about the chiefs.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

The Giants were baaaaaaaad 😳

It was 40-0 when I went to bed.

it’s week 1 so need to keep that in mind for good or bad performances.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Ravens RB JK Dobbins out for the season with an achilles tear against the Texans. Really tough break for him, in the final year of his rookie deal so could be a potentially career ending injury as well.

I’ve watched the game in 40 back from last night and yes I know I said it’s week 1 and it is, and some teams played poorly but none of the teams that lost and played badly were anywhere near as bad as the giants. The other teams at least tried to play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,515 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

When you don't have an offensive line you can forget about it. Cowboys breaking through all night long.

1/1000 was as far as poor Daniel Jones got to count to.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Interesting (vaguely) that for all the talk pre-season of AFC>>>>>NFC that the NFC swept the match-ups 4-0 in week 1 (Lions, Eagles, Saints & 49ers over Chiefs, Patriots, Titans & Steelers).

Small sample size obviously, and another 76 such games for it to rectify itself.

Rodgers sacked and off the field on Jets first drive, might be done for the night.

Wilson in.

Bills had one first down in their initial drive.

3-0 Bills at the end of the first, both defenses firmly on top.

Breece Hall is back. Over 100 rushing yards with 13 minutes left in the second quarter.

• Advertisement

Rodgers out for the game is annoying, I was really looking forward to this matchup.

This has been a lot more interesting than expected thanks to the Jets defense. Wilson's catch for the TD for brilliant too.

Jets win it in overtime. Defense was incredible in the second half, kept the Bills to three points.

Saleh says it's an Achilles injury for Rodgers and it isn't good. Fantastic win for them but losing Rodgers for the season would be awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

That sucks for the Jets and Rodgers. For the NFL and TV too, the Jets are all over prime time this season.

Cool to see the rookie get the winning TD, he was very likeable on Hard Knocks. That Wilson TD catch was fantastic.

There's a massive trend of injuries being more prevalent on non-grass surfaces, particularly so at MetLife. It'll take a few big name injuries like this that wreck a season and wreck TV schedules for the NFL to take action.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,867 ✭✭✭Christy42

Really sucks if that is that is the end for Rodgers.

I was against Josh Allen in fantasy so his bad play won me the game but he is frustrating at times to watch. Just forces far too much but then flashes enough talent to let you know how good he could be. A little bit of a calm head would have won the Bills the game, just an extra field goal or two would be putting it out of the Jets reach when they didn't have Rodgers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭cosatron

looking at real madrid staduim and the technology available its laughable that the nfl aren't all grass based surfaces, f**k it if you can have a grass based surface in green bay you can have it anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,905 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Interesting if the turf was a factor in the injury, Rodgers warned about the risks last year...

And this article mentions that several stadiums are switching to grass as part of hosting 2026 soccer world cup.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭myate

Niners warned about that crap Metlife turf in 2020 when Bosa went down with an ACL in week 2, then on the very next play, Solly Thomas tore his ACL. Then there was the Giants receiver, Shepard, last year who just went down last year as he was in a mid jog. Something seriously wrong with that turf.

Confirmed as a fully torn Achilles anyway, the poor Jets fan base.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Kyle Fuller's ACL tear was against the Jets also.

Eddie Jackson's season ended after fracturing his lisfranc playing there last October/November.

Probably many more examples. Lots of players have complained about it.

I think it's three fumbles and Hurts interception, Martinson one of the fumbles , in the first quarter. 3-0 Eagles.

Apologies about that. 😁

Post edited by eagle eye on

Ah, I hope you put some NFL updates in the Vuelta thread as well.

Just sped through the game over breakfast. For the second week the Eagles could and probably should have lost but got it done.

Yes not blowing the doors off any team yet but there’s no pictures in the standings. The eagles are 2-0.

Well those highlights didn't paint the whole picture obviously.

Eagles should have won by a lot more on my viewing of the whole game last night.

Whole game watched, but in speed mode! Meh, you are probably right thinking back on it. I let my moderate dislike of the Eagles colour my viewing sometimes.

I get that. I've many times felt after games that the officials screwed the Patriots out of the win with bad calls when the other team were the reason for the defeat. 😁

Week 2 TV Games. Note this is the week of the overlapping Monday double header.

Sunday

6pm. Chiefs at Jags (Sky Sports)

9.15pm. Jets at Cowboys (Sky Sports)

Sunday Night/Monday Morning

1.20am. Dolphins at Patriots (Sky Sports)

Monday Night/Tuesday Morning

00:15am. Saints at Panthers (Sky Sports Mix. Free station with Virgin Media in Dublin/Leinster)

1.15am. Browns at Steelers (Sky Sports & Channel 5 UK)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,905 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Good spot... I can see scanning ahead that Sky Sports Mix will also be showing the Monday Night game Los Angeles Rams @ Cincinnati Bengals on the 25th.

I don't remember them doing this last year,

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Advertisement