Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2023 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

Maybe a tad optimistic but I’ll go with a high of 27/28c somewhere with this upcoming spell.

I'd agree. Some very warm air coming over us. A daily build of max temps. Just need decent sunshine for a 7 September 2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭Dazler97

You got your wish and i actually like fog as well :) , There's a yellow warning ⚠️ for fog in Leinster and munster from 00:00 till 10am but it may linger for longer in local spots

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Good morning from Greystones. Starting to feel like the summer we never had!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,124 ✭✭✭pad199207

Fine start this morning in Kildare with good sunshine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭appledrop

Beautiful blue skies this morning in NCD, its going to be a good one!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,619 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Can confirm, the sun is in the sky. And the sky is blue. And it's warm. North Wicklow. Woo hoo. 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 16,656 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

• Registered Users Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭OldRio

Complete cloud cover this morning after a cloudy day yesterday. 13C.

Leitrim

• Registered Users Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Delighted with this start to September. Here’s to a long spell of beautiful weather

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Glorious in D24. Sausages sandwich off the BBQ and a coffee out the back in the sunshine.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭InAtFullBack

Hard to know if we'll see highs reaching those figures, there is alot of moisture in the ground which will take a fair bit of the sun's work to dry out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Darwin

Completely foggy still in SW Laois, sun will probably appear again around noon like yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Jealous. Foggy morning Meath. Still not great with cloud cover. Hope see blue skies shortly but no inkling yet. Can see on radar we so close between cloud cover and clear skies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭esposito

Glorious morning in Dublin. Gin blue sky.

Looks like we will get warmer as the week goes on. 25/26 maybe even 27 in some spots.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Hairypoppins

Stunning start to the day in west Dublin blue skies and 🌞

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

This week has potential to be warmer than any week in June for some eastern areas which didn't get a 7 day straight period of 22C+ every single day, this could happen this week with temperatures of at least 22 or 23C throughout the next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Robwindstorm

Still very gloomy here in North Meath after a foggy morning. Very cool breeze too, but it is expected to clear soon and can blow up to great day yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,124 ✭✭✭pad199207

20°c in Kildare under fine blue skies with just some scattered clouds

The mention of showers in places from Tuesday by Met Eireann. So while it will stay warm this week it won't be dry everywhere for four or five days, which previously it looked like it might be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,153 ✭✭✭highdef

Ditto in Longford. Very cloudy, a few tiny bits of blue. Quite breezy too. For some reason, I'd expected a fairly calm day.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Sun starting to break through nicely here now at Dunshaughlin and it's fairly warm if a bit breezy. A better weekend here in Ireland than in the south of Spain where they are having a cool and wet weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭pauldry

This will be the warmest September on record coupled with warmest June on record.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Feels very warm in Cork with the clear blue skies and sun blazing, 21 degrees, glorious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

Pleasant enough in Lucan. Some cloud still lingering. The breeze is taking away from the warmth. My grass is still too damp to cut following the misty overnight conditions.

September 2021 was exceptional. The amount of 15-16c nights well into the second half of the month, when evenings and nights generally cool down, was amazing. The last Saturday of the month, around 25 September hit 23c widely.

We need a serious September to top it. We may end up with a 1991 version, very warm first half, cooler second half.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,445 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Clouds have all disappeared now in Lucan. It's gorgeous in the garden with the light breeze. Soaking up the sun at the moment with a coffee at my elbow and so happy I got all the household jobs done yesterday so I can enjoy the weather listening to the sport on the radio. Bliss

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Sun out at last. 21⁰ Meath

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

22.8c atm in Greystones. Glorious day.

Greystones today (from Bray Head).

Advertisement