Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2023 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Billcarson

I want autumn not an extension of summer. Personally well pisssed off looking at the charts atm. Don't mind the first week or so of September but I fear the warmth will drag on for most of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Sunny, blue skies, little cloudy around and warm in west cork! Hopefully working it's way up the country to ye

• Registered Users Posts: 6,879 ✭✭✭pauldry

Misty grey skies 13c Sligo. It was 15c at 9 but has got chillier. Feel bits of drizzle too.

At least going to Mayo later. Its sunnier there on the coast. By 1pm a lot of places will be clearer but probably 5pm before the NW brightens.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭pad199207

Sun is shining in Kildare now after a very foggy start

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

21.8C and almost clear skies in south Dublin, need to wipe my webcam!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Summer has finally made it's return! A lovely sunny warm morning here in Meath. I haven't been able to say that for along time!.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,819 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Beautiful in Kerry, have to do my woodwork in the shade, feeling quite warm and calm now 🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Why don't you want the warmth to continue for the month?

We get enough warmth these days overall for starters . I like the seasons to feel seasonal, love autumn when the weather is in the autumnal mood. Dont think a warm September is good for our winter prospects ,though granted our winter prospects are rarely good especially these days regardless and this year we will have el nino to contend with aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭highdef

But most of meteorological summer was quite grim, often breezy, often wet and very rarely warm.

Why on earth would you not embrace this pleasent weather that has literally just begun? Already I'm seeing lots of people out and about. People are smiling, people are laughing, people are enjoying social activities outdoors and getting outdoor chores done in pleasant weather. It's bliss outside in most places today and for the short term. I'm getting a new roof on the house very soon and this weather will make it a far nicer job. I've about 3 acres of lawn to mow this weekend. I've not been able to mow it for months due to wet weather every single weekend.

I absolutely cannot understand why you are pissed off with the forecast of pleasant weather. I really am perplexed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

We just had autumn. Enjoy the heat and sunshine while it lasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

Turned in to a nice sunny day. Stubborn cloud for some.

It's not the pleasant weather side of it its the warmth. I'd much prefer dry sunny and average temperatures then dry sunny well above average temperatures. I wouldn't want a September like last yr. A total washout, I admit that was dire.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭pad199207

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Kutebride

So pleasant. Really enjoyable on the patio in quiet a while. Lots of lawnmowers going.

21⁰ Meath

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Absolute smacker of a day in Naas, finally summer has arrived

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭BagofWeed

Felt a nice bit of heat while jogging, little or no breeze out there either. Looking forward to my weed walk tonight hopefully it'll be a relatively clear evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Not as sunny here in carrick but warm 20c

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

sunny all day then just as Im about to go for a walk, a sudden mist, in Sutton :/

• Advertisement

How is this a bad thing? I'm fuming over the last 9 weeks but by no means would I be saying " I bloody hope September doesn't be a warm dry month" that's just me and about 90% of the population, I ain't bullying you but I just don't understand your statement it's extraordinary, also you can't just expect 31st August to be mid 20s sun splitting the rocks to September 1st being 15c leaves falling off the trees, that's not how the seasons work pet

• Registered Users Posts: 19,387 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Today was absolutely beautiful (in Kilkenny and south east at least). Prob the best of what July august had to offer. Really calm bright settled and warm

At the this time of year we often do get the extension of the summer heat into and up until end of September it's from then on the sun looses it's heat etc, just picture it this way if it where March into April it usually takes longer to get the heat as winter tends to hold its grip till mid April it's only from then on it gets warmer as the sun increases in strength 💪

• Registered Users Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭acequion

Today was absolutely wonderful in my sheltered back garden close to Tralee town. Spent the day sunning myself, took too much sun but I really don't care. Was able to do everything outdoors all day up to about to 6.30 PM. Lunch on the patio, coffee in the shade, pets chasing butterflies and frolicking around in the grass, so lovely to share a sunny day with them as last time was way back in June. Great too after a hard week's work to be able to throw on the shorts and chill in your own garden, something 9 to 5rs of Ireland have sorely missed on weekends this past two months. Many of us got away to sunny climes for our vitamin D, but there is something so very special in getting it right on your own backyard. Here's hoping for another cracker tomorrow! Pauldry was very optimistic in a recent post about this September, temperature wise, and I so hope he's right. I neither want nor expect blazing sun every day, but to have a warm September to be able to stick to the summer clothes and leave the heating off at nights would be just glorious imo. Fingers crossed folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭appledrop

Well after the crap start to the day turned into a cracker.

Only downside of getting such nice weather in Sept, is you don't get the long evenings, sun is gone in our garden by 7 at this time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,507 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

That was a grand auld September day. Some lovely warm sunshine and a nice inversion to end it with a red sky. More days like this please.

I don't mind so much early September and today was a nice day. More so later in the month I like to get into the autumn mood. 🍂

Working in the fields from 11am to 7pm, Laois. Hour for lunch, so got almost 7 hours of sun and very sunburnt! Not complaining!

I respect Bill Carson's opinion but prefer a summery September myself. Just shortens the winter a bit. And after July and August i think it's needed this year to cheer us up.

Oh don't worry the way the year is flying in it will be here in no time 😀

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Looking forward to some nice atmospheric fog tonight (Yellow fog warning, could be a pea souper 😁)... hoping it will still be there by early morning!

I LOVE a dense fog, one of my favourite types of weather. :)

Advertisement