Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2023 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,855 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Breeze did indeed keep it down in Cork, only got a max of 23.3c at my station in Cobh today. Max gust of 46kmh. Clouded up around 3, 330.

Still 21c at 9pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

September 4th 9pm

Valentia 24 degrees

Shannon 22 degrees

Mace head 22 degrees

Claremorris 21 degrees

• Registered Users Posts: 8,700 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I am hearing talk of this good weather lasting for 2 weeks. Is there any truth in that?

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,118 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

What a day it was today.

Real intense heat in the direct sun, you'd think it was the height of the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

In a word no, a change is looking likely by late Sunday into Monday. Lots of warmth to come in the meantime, with night time temps well above average

• Advertisement

A little early to say. The ECM model is going for a breakdown in 6 or 7 days. The GFS keeps the warmth going (not as warm as this week but very pleasant). Breakdowns can get squeezed into shorter periods and the weather can take up quickly enough too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Today's highs and still 24.3c in kerry currently

• Registered Users Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭pauldry

High Pressure near the South a lot sosome breakdowns in the North and 17 to 19c there. Could remain in the 20s further South.

No average temperatures until the 11th and then maybe only a day or 2. Back above average after that.

By this day next week IMT will be 17c or more.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Temps at 10.40pm...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭acequion

Could well have bumped into you out on Fenit Pier tonight, Meteorite.😀 I was there about 7.30 PM. I actually had trouble to find parking. Never before have I seen Fenit so packed on a Monday evening in September! I guess people are just so starved of good weather that everyone flocks automatically to the coast when it eventually comes. Nice to see that Kerry was warmest in Ireland today, it was indeed fabulously warm and is still lovely now at almost 11PM.

Still 24c in Shannon at midnight 😲

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Valentia 24c at 00.00 according to ME.

unbelievable!

out of interest Malaga is ‘only’ 23c

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Still 24c in kerry

If this plume, these synoptics were about in July when southern Europe was on fire I think 33.3c would have been smashed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Just now, nuts....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭pauldry

Has it ever been that temperature at midnight in Ireland? Remember seeing 22c one time.

What's going on? Will it be 30c in Valentia tomorrow or itl prob cloud up and stay 22c.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

Valentia still 24c at 2am. Madness

25c at 3am.

Post edited by .Donegal. on

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

20c in waterford. Horribly sticky night

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Valentia still 24 even with recent shower.....is that for serious or dodgy ob!?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Valentia still 24c at 5am! Breezy there too so maybe some sort of fohn effect going on?

A couple of stations at 20c at 0500 - Cork AP, Sherkin and Mace Head.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Valentia dropped to 23c at 0600.

Valentia 22c at 7pm. Dawn is at 6.59am there this morning. If it held at that till dawn even 21.5c would be the warmest night ever recorded in Ireland I presume. Given sryan's chart from a few days ago. Unbelievable!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Car reading 21c in Cork on way to work. Last morning this warm I recall was July 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Little talk about it but the uppers were exceptional yesterday and last night!! Equally these very warm uppers are moving away today as will the record high temps. Last night was a once off, more just mild humid rest of week with nights around 15/16 (which of course is still very good.

Daytime maxes will also taper off after today settling around 20 to 24 for rest of week

The breakdown being picked up by all models now for Sunday or Monday latest

• Registered Users Posts: 13,523 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Afraid not. Valentia had 18C at 9am yesterday. Temps (including mins) go by the climatological day 09-09 for historical consistency back when observers had to manually record.

The UK Met Office has a separate record database for 21-09 mins albeit the history is relatively short of course because automation tech isn't that old. I am unaware if Met Éireann has such for Ireland but I would be able to give an estimate for synoptic stations (25 of them) as they have hourly data.

Post edited by sryanbruen on

Ok, like a lying snow day.

Dusk to Dawn having a min of around 22c on 4th to 5th of September is mightily impressive, regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Fresh enough for a run in D24 this morning. Nothing like the temps in SW. Didn't even put on the fan last night!

Thin layer of cloud should burn off pretty quickly and another cracker of a day in store!

GFS following ECM this morning. Back to dartboard lows from next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,523 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Just another beautiful morning in Dublin 😎 defo hints of dust in the air.

• Advertisement

Yes, was thinking the same earlier, about the dust, at sunrise.

Advertisement