Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish White Privilege......Yeah

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,293 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Norma Foley gives her view on the draft curriculum...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭gameoverdude

Fecking hilarious.

Might write to her and say she's racist and sexist.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭newhouse87

Can literally see her cheeks going red answering the question. If the draft said what she said, people would most likely agree with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

I wasn't aware that there was a compilation of this much self-hatred. Of all the self-hating morons who prattle on about 'white privilege', the worst are those who would convince the Irish people that they - a historically brutalized and impoverished people - have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭Cordell

Between white Irish who grew up in the poor Ireland of the 80s and white eastern Europeans who grew up in the poor parts of Europe the blacks who are born and raised in Ireland are the ones that are privileged.

Change my mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,142 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

I have to laugh at this rubbish.

Privileged!!!

My father was born and lived in a house with no indoor toilet.

My mother studied in school by candlelight, no electricity, and had to borrow books from other children.

What a load of rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

These people are completely nuts, you'd often wonder what bloody planet are they living on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭archfi

Extraordinary. Notice the women and their 'intersectional lens'

Notice the very weak men.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Thats a fantastic list of idiots people should avoid voting for in the next GE. To think with the salaries they are on and the issues this country has, that they are wasting valuable Dail Chamber time on absolute nonsense.

It makes the Dail look like an infants class, maybe someone should have handed them some Play-Doe or some colouring books and crayons.

No wonder the country is in such a mess if that is the level of discussion being had regarding the running of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Jayus lads were fauqed if this is what our children are going to be forced to learn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,253 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

That does appear to be an incredibly silly thing to say. My parents and grandparents stories dont contain any privilege growing up.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

That was my exact thought. Weak. But these are the types of men I'd find to be a danger to women. Arrogant, opportunistic and just creepy. But fair play to Aodhans wife's boyfriend for letting him out.

Post edited by 1800_Ladladlad on

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

its funny when shinners "we ourselves" lick all their opinions from the sewers emanating from the Anglo Saxon world

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Get used to hearing it your going to be hearing it on telly and radio until we're gone and it'll be used as a weapon against our kids.

Under our upcoming hate speech law, what you've just posted can be construed as hate speech because you're saying non white people are not less privileged that white people, if reported you are liable to have all your devices confiscated and a conviction/prison term.

Sounds mad, which is exactly what the planned law is.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

God I love Norma Foley, she’s well able for the likes of Scallon 😂

I’d have died laughing if she came out with “Pipe down Scallon, you pup!” 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Packrat

So you like her because she ignores a very pertinent question about why the draft singles out people by their nationality gender and race to just waffle on about her own classroom experience?

You have a very warped worldview if she's someone you admire.

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command”

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

It's like she gets a summer intern from America and asks them what's the latest buzz words uses over there in education, last year it was transgender to be brought into the the education curriculum and now it's white privilege,

Post edited by Gatling on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Ironically as posted in the comments coming from 99% university educated white middle class ....I mean who knows more about privilege

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

It's only the most privileged gobshites that come out with this shite.

But how quickly they'd all shut up if they thought they themselves would be the ones to have sacrifice anything.

• Advertisement

Nah, I like her because she’s well able for the likes of Scallon, not sure I could have made it any easier to understand tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭growleaves

The whole concept of "white privilege" is completely fake.

Also you never hear these concepts used in ordinary conversation.

No one would say to someone they know "You are a white privileged male..." unless they were 100% certain beforehand that they would not be talked back to.

I have never heard a person say "white male" in real life.

You almost always only see this stuff written down where there is no possibility of a face to face confrontation. Because people understand it is a slimy insult that is used to provoke.

Noone with common sense would say that but you can see where this is going, forcing stupid American extreme leftist ideology on the public and were all sinners/no correction white privileged.

Maybe we should just stop importing the absolute worst crap from the US?

At the end of the day this will all die here due to common sense, but the damage may be done by that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Packrat

So just what I said then, - able to avoid reasonable questions about the harmful discrimination she's baking into legislation.

No problem understanding your hate filled bile, I've been looking at it here for nearly a decade in your current form.

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command”

• Registered Users Posts: 40,982 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

More absolute drivel that is nonsense and untrue

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 16,406 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

I thought we were trying to tear down racial barriers, not build them up?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Hamachi

Must be the only time in her life that Norma Foley has triggered a bout of explosive laughter from anybody.

I guess that poster is easily tickled or has to take his laughs wherever he can find them. Pretty tragic regardless!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Who told you that ? No the goal is to demonise one racial group and even try to change the definition of racism to make it so they cannot be the victim of racism. This makes it much easier to invalidate their objections and arguments so that racist practices that disadvantage them are pushed through easier. I think it was Malcolm Noonan who said government should work to get more non Irish people elected to local government and varadkar himself who complained that public sector employees were too white in Ireland. So a safe bet that there will be racial quotas upcoming and the white privilege argument will be used to shout down those that argue against this

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I like the Irish comedian who said "I dont have the white guilt, we picked our own potatoes , we didnt go around the world to steal people to pick them, who would do that?"

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement

At first I thought it was because you misunderstood what I said, it’s now become clear that you intended to purposely misrepresent what I said. Grand 👍

Nah Hamachi, she does it a fair bit. It’s not the first time she’s handled a smartarse who chooses to deliberately misrepresent something in order to make something of it that it’s not. Foley took the opportunity to provide context for what is a draft document from the NCCA that the likes of Scallan use to manufacture paranoia and hysteria in order to fester moral panic about whatever it is they’ve latched onto this week.

Advertisement