Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2023 RWC Buildup, Squads, Fixtures 'etc'

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,212 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Total lack of composure, skill and brains in England v wales

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭fitz

Both sides are terrible, but England have had so much ball and have done nothing with it. They look completely clueless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Shehal

I actually like the team England named but my god they look clueless.

Arundell deserved a yellow for stupidity alone. Not looking good for Van Poortvliet. Not sure he's much of a loss for England though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Jack van Portvliet coming off injured for England is probably a blessing in disguise. Was a very good player at U20s but has looked out of his depth whenever I’ve seen him at this level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭derm0j073

Billy V is a busted flush imo...has he actually gotten over the gainline at all so far? Seems to just get stopped in contact every time. He's not the destructive carrier England wish he still was.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭MaddChris

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭PMC83

Yeah I thought the same, gone be the days off busting through and offloading. Seems a spent force

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Itoje is another who looks done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,506 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Dombrandt was their next hope at 8 but hes not an international level player.

I honestly think England are going to get completely embarrassed in the world cup, as might Australia but at least eddie jones is building for the future.

The England team after the world cup is going to have to jettisson a long list of players like Cole, lawes, Marler, Billy V, care, youngs, Tuilagi and there isnt anyone coming up that looks like taking over

Roll on twickenham next march, always nice winning there!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭standardg60

Both these teams will struggle to get out of their groups if this is the best they can do.

WC pools looking more and more lopsided

• Registered Users Posts: 8,506 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

The problem is that one of these teams or the others on that side if the draw might discover some form and between that and the easier games could ambush someone in a semi final.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,215 ✭✭✭ongarite

Has to be a yellow for England and try for Wales.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭TheRona

Ridiculous stuff. Not even trying to catch the ball, tackled in the air, and prevented a try.

Penalty try and yellow card is the only option.

With every passing week, Pools 3 & 4 in the RWC become more and more of a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Why would the ref want to see if Williams scored or not after deciding that it was foul play? Even if he did, Wales would surely want the penalty try instead of potentially missing the conversion?

Commentators really scathing towards England here.

I don't understand that either. You'd be punishing the team for having managed to get the ball down. If it's a penalty try worthy offence, just award it and move on.

• Advertisement

England just hanging on here with 13 men.

So much space for Wales with some quick offloads.

Edit:

Another England foul play called. He could be off with a red.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

Farrell shoulders someone in the head.......... what a suprise

Saw that live and wondered was it shoulder to head. This should be a red and this could be his world cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭TheRona

How many times will Farrell do these tackles? He needs to get this out of his game. He needs a ban to go off and practice tackling.

Ah, an Owen Farrell special.

That should be red.

Tackle school obviously didn't do him any good. You'd have to think he'll miss some group games at least because of that given his previous record.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Argentina will surely make the semis going by this

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭bingobango12

England are a shambles

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Shehal

This is the part of the TMO bunker that I dont like. That is clearly a red card so why the hell are we wasting time reviewing it? The bunker should only be for decisions where there is clear doubt.

Ofcourse now that I said that the bunker will come back and say its a yellow!

• Advertisement

Smart play & try. Only way they were realistically to score & they get it.

Advertisement