Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2023 RWC Buildup, Squads, Fixtures 'etc'

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭fitz

Wales completely switched off, thinking they had it in the bag. Woeful to lose from that position. Both teams a shambles. I'd say Cheika will have Argentina ready and waiting to put a big score on England.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,789 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

I remember the Wales lineout being an issue at various stages of Gatland's first run as head coach. But I don't think it has ever been as bad as it has in the last few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭MaddChris

Would like to see a win probability when Wales got the 2nd try with England still down to 12 men

If ever there was an occasion suited to the phrase "snatching defeat from the jaws of victory"...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Borthwick's 'plan' seems to be to just completely rely on scrum and lineout maul. They have no variation in their attack. It's pretty unbelievable that this is the best the English premiership can produce. Like how is Dan Coles going to another world cup!? Mental.

I had to give myself a smack after feeling sorry for Farrell. You'd have to imagine there is a 4-6 game ban coming his way. Does he still travel if it's a 6 week ban?

• Advertisement

It should be a 6 week ban. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Final pass looked a shade forward for that opening try by Scotland. Great start for them, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Super start by Scotland. Like a different sport to what we had to watch earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭standardg60

What a difference a game makes! Brilliant from the scots

And predictably, they immediately give away a kickable penalty.

• Advertisement

First 10 minutes here has had more entertaining rugby than the entire England/Wales game.

Scottish attacking shape looks very good. Getting great width on the ball. Russell looks like he’s up for this one. Can their pack at least maintain parity with the French as the game goes on?

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Iamabeliever

Great start by Scotland. Game is intense so far, hopefully no injuries ;)

Ofcourse Russell is up for this one, its a game with nothing on the line 😋

• Registered Users Posts: 11,212 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Scotland are so dumb

No game smarts about them. Our record against them is largely based on our ability to out think them.

Ntamack was clearly held up there yet ref called release, and his first kick to touch on the penalty was nowhere near the 5mtr line

Oof...mistake there from the assistant, Dupont never in touch.

Scotland's problem is their discipline and decision making in defense. They can play all the nice attacking rugby they like, until they seriously improve their defense, they'll struggle against the top sides.

Funny moment there, Russell thought he had to play on first stop call

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,937 ✭✭✭OldRio

Impressed with Scotland in this first half. After watching that first match this has been like a breath of fresh air

• Registered Users Posts: 11,212 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Stunning stuff from France.

Scotland......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭scott1974

Dupont running the show..

Ref called release after the kick off, yet French player continued on from the called tackle, should have been a penalty to Scotland

Scotland subsituting penalties for knock-ons instead this half. Interesting tactic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Scotland are good at getting the ball wide but their problems always seem to come when they straighten up. Breakdown accuracy doesn't seem good enough.

They're decent though and certainly not a gimme come world cup time for SA or indeed ourselves.

I'll reserve judgement until after the first game but gun to head, I'd rather play France than NZ in quarters.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Iamabeliever

Lovely from Scotland.

French attack noticeably a bit rudderless since Ntamack left the field

• Advertisement

Top notch grubber.

Advertisement