Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PGA 2K23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

I found Pebble Beach to be fierce punishing off the tee.

Then when you did hit a fairway it was very slanted.

I hacked around at times and yet again it was my putting that saved me.

I didn’t enjoy playing it as it took a lot of concentration but on reflection it really sucked me in.

It’s a shotmakers course.

Post edited by fplfan12345 on

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Romero

Added "Hello Friends-Major (L) in around the Masters time, they seem to take down courses that they catch on are copies of Augusta April's Major is gone so hopefully this one stays up. I've 2 rounds set up but can set up 3 rounds over four days, depending on what the members feel like

I’m easy. Whatever the majority want.

I’ll go for any configuration but happy to suggest 4 rounds over the usual timeframe.

Special effort deserved for the Majors.

Will set up 4 rounds with 4 different Tees and pin positions so no round will play the same

Post edited by Romero on

not sure that course is available. I can’t see it anyway.

I think ‘lone grove’ is based on Augusta.

• Advertisement

If you go into society and go down to the event with Hello Friends and click Triangle for more options you should see course details click on that and you should be able to favourite the course and it will be added to your own favourites to practice it but it should be there for all once event kicks off

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭joficeduns1

One shot back on hole 36, attacking the green for an eagle chance. Cut it slightly and get plugged in a bunker. Saved par but that one hurt. Happy to come back after 4 bogeys in the first 5 holes though.

Played first round at Augusta. Will try and play one round each day until complete.

Don’t let my first round score fool you. It’s a really hard course. If I hadn’t played two practice rounds I would have struggled to break par.

You make a mistake and it’s a definite bogey and most likely a double. You hit a greenside bunker and you’re fucked. I’d rather hit water than a greenside bunker.

The wind picked up mental somewhere on the back 9. Every round I’ve played I’ve come up short on my second shot into the par 5 15th. Hit water each time. Those longer off the tee may do better than me.

If you’ve no patience and don’t fight on every shot you’re fucked. Determination is key. Par on any hole is a good score.

I played great and had a bit of luck on my first round and can’t believe I got to 8 under.

It’s great to play it though. They’ve done a good job on the course.

I got sucked into playing the second round.

I really wish I hadn’t.

This time on the par 5 15th I made sure my second shot carried the water. Landed just off the green so I had a chip for eagle. Managed to hit that chip into the water too. Seems the water on the 15th has a ball magnet in it.

Think I shot a -1

I’ll check back in two days and see where ye are up to.

I know I'm screwed before I start this one 😀

Btw it's still the 3 days for this event as requested so you all have 3 days to do the 4 rounds.

• Advertisement

My first round attempt at the 15th was Driver - 6i. It's playing ridiculously long I definitely didn't want to tempt fate and still only managed a par for it.

The conspicuously hard 11th took me for a double bogey. Got two more birdies (13,14) to balance my back 9. Finished at a respectable -3.

This is a very tricky course, they've done very well. Take your medicine at times, don't underestimate the slopey greens.

I'm away from Saturday morning so should have my rounds posted before then.

You must have some length off the tee.

Think I’ve only hit 5w or 3w on my second shot on the 15th.

6i was a layup to not challenge that water. Parred it again for round 2. Managed another -3, the missed putts are probably more punishing than a missed green. I was able to keep my chips tight enough.

Guwon Corcaigh with the -7, great round 2!

Round 3 can go **** itself.

On 3 occasions my approach landed (first bounce) within 10-15 feet of the pin but found a mad slope. Got 2 bogeys and one double bogey. The other 2-3 times I landed inch perfect on a slope my ball stopped dead. Unreal.

Found a greenside bunker that killed me too. Think it was on the first par 3.

Going straight into round 4 now with a tremendous amount of ire.

Agreed, f**k round 3. Bogeyed three of the par threes and couldn't find many birdies elsewhere. Left with E for the round. Can't see a green jacket for myself this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I got +14 on R1 lads! Those greens were a nightmare.

Might not bother finishing it off :(

Its a cruel one alright Marc. Leaving yourself a tap in is almost impossible, so little room for error.

Round 4 in -2. Good luck to the rest of ye!

final overall score ?

My final score is -20. I think.

Don’t think it’ll win though.

-8 for the tournament. -3, -3, E, -2. Pretty disappointed really, and admittedly it was quite disheartening when your score was the only one against mine 😂 I couldn't even tell when your bogeys came. Fair dues, you'll be tough to catch!

• Advertisement

We will have our own mini tournament Marc to see which of us gets bottom 😀I think it will be me 😎

About to start my first round 🙏

Stupid course +7 after first round🤬

And finished second round +14💩

Post edited by Romero on

Finished it there last two rounds were better then the first +1 on the third and +2 on the 4th giving me a grand total of +17 🤣🤣🤣🤣Now to relax and watch the real Masters 🏌️

I noticed you started us off on the hardest pin positions so I think we should have been able to score lower than our previous round, each time, but it didn’t pan out that way for me.

Well done Fangee on winning your first Green Jacket and Corcaigh coming in second. The less said about myself and Marc's tournament the better a nightmare of an event. Any other majors you want me to pencil in, please let me know dates and venues and I'll get working on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I was going for the High score!
    I forgot the traditional way to win in golf is to get the lowest score 😂

Lake Osaka's back nine was tricky enough, I was delighted to come away with 6 pars and a tasty eagle to finish to keep me in the scores.

I needed all the birdies on the back nine but only shot two. Became a par machine otherwise. Fangee is positively Scheffler-esque.

On the ‘schedule’ tab I always hit the triangle to see ‘view event stats’ after the event has finished.

I’m definitely noticing that it’s putting that seems to be the biggest difference between us all.

The medium and long putts along with birdie conversion stats seems to be what dictates the finishing order.

I noticed jfiddy was the shortest off the tee in the latest event but the only player not to make a bogey, or worse, over the two rounds. That’s hard to do.

Think it’s good idea to sign off our posts here with our golf names so we know who each other is.

Fangee

• Advertisement

sweet.

PGA Championship

May 16-19 – Valhalla GC, Louisville, Kentucky

US Open

June 13-16 – Pinehurst Resort & Country Club (Course No.2), North Carolina

The Open

July 18-21 – Royal Troon, Ayrshire, Scotland

I’ll miss the US Open as I’ll be travelling for the whole month of June.

Are there any other tournaments/courses people would like to play ?

Fangee

Advertisement