Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PGA 2K23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

I’m having a problem squinting at the screen.

I know we can choose the time of day for when we play our rounds.

So if you choose, for example, dawn it will be quite dark. If you leave it on random it could be anytime of the day

Would anyone object to us choosing ‘noon’ for every round as that would be consistently bright ?

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Romero

I don't mind. I currently leave all settings as default as the course designer intended only ones that fair me issues are the holes in the shadows in late afternoon times

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭joficeduns1

First event back and those pins on Round 2 were quite the shock! I fell apart at the turn and went from edge to edge on the greens a few times. Oh well!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I was -7 at the end of round 1!

I was at least +8 by the end of round 2!

😣

@marcbrophy @joficeduns1 Apologies lads that pin placement caught us all out, won't happen again

• Advertisement

Oh no worries at all haha!

Just one of those tough courses that wiped me out :D

Loved playing that current course.

No need for an apology, it's all part of the game. It seemed there was no benefit to playing it safe by trying to keep it close to the hole. You'd either get it in or you'd be across the green anyway. I loved round one, it's a fun course. I think it was the very first course played for this society too?

I wonder was that course good/difficult because it replicated a Ryder Cup set-up.

Does that mean other Ryder cups or Major event course set-ups be worth playing also ?

Would have no idea how to find them though.

That course was a lot of fun. Couldn't get the birdies to sink for me in round 2 but turned out decent enough.

• Advertisement

Going to add some of the TGC tour courses they have to be a certain standard to qualify for their competitions. I've added one there for 27th called Bryn Awelon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Any good Masters at Augusta style courses available?

YouTube and Reddit should be decent sources for fantasy courses as well.

‘Lone Grove Golf Course’ is Augusta.

If we ever did play it I’d love us to do the 4 rounds.

I can add an Augusta replica I see lots of recommendations Hello Friends which I must try and I don't mind setting up 4 rounds, I can tie it in around the week of the real event in April if you all agree

Yeah I'm always trawling YouTube and Reddit for course suggestions, I always try and go for highly rated courses, if you get a chance play a round on Hello Friends I think it's pretty accurate to Augusta and tough greens so a good challenge I ended up Plus 11 on my playthrough and I don't want to talk about it 😀

Double bogeys on 1 and 4 in Round 2 just broke my heart. Korda Canyon was fun, clawed it back and went -6 for the last 4 holes to tie second place.

I Finally won an event 😎⛳🏌️

Nearly managed to screw it up with bogey on the last

A round of 57 recorded for the winner two weeks in a row. Fair play Fangee!

Safe to say Fangee won that one! Dmacred also with an unreal 2nd round.

• Advertisement

Very close event. After eagling 17 with a DoD risk to reach the green I choked on the 18th to tie second. The elevation changes were decent on that course.

Post edited by joficeduns1 on

Gutted I was leading Corcaigh after first round of 54 and was going along grand on the second round I forget the hole but drivable par 4 I think with water in front and big drop behind the green and I went over the back and ended up quadruple bogey and that ended my challenge 😢

Best round of the event by far, well done and unlucky with the water, I know exactly which hole you're on about! The results for that one were stacked...

Very tricky approaches for in that second round. Couldn't hit a fairway for a few in the middle, had to battle for level par.

Really enjoyed that Kiawah course. Very difficult. Not just aim and hit.

I had a tonne of luck in the first round. Reckon I picked up 6 shots down to pure luck.

Nice lie for my opponent in Ranked, 😄

Does anyone know if you tee off final round before the deadline of it will allow you to finish the round ?

I have 7 minutes to complete 18 holes otherwise.

Ah. I thought it finishes at 11pm but it looks like midnight.

Also it looks like speed golf is the way to go. I was hitting them as quick as they landed and nailed everything.

As soon as it went past 11pm and I slowed down I wasn’t as good.

Yeah, it ends at midnight!

I've often finished the 18th with minutes to midnight, but never went over, so I don't know if you get kicked out or the score doesn't count or it could be fine!

Finally had a good R1, 55 out and in.

Seeming had no patience in R2, 66 out and in!

Better than my usual last though 😅

• Advertisement

I’ll probably, by mistake some night, be playing a final round around midnight so we’ll find out then.

My money is on the game quitting at exactly midnight even if you’re teeing off on the 18th.

Advertisement