Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PGA 2K23

Options
  • 27-07-2023 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭

PGA 2K21 was a great laugh with the Online Boards Society and now that 2k23 is being add to PS Plus for August, might be time to spin up a new club so starting a thread for the game. Has anyone, who already has 2K23, created a Boards Society?

I believe it doesn't have crossplay so there would be one for Playstation, 1 for Xbox depending on the interest. The Playstation one a couple of years back was a great success with a new round every few days to keep things interesting and it was quick to get a round done and post a score for people to dip in and out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I'd be happy to compete in a 2K23 Boards Society. I'll probably finish at the bottom of the stands, but so what 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭quokula

I'm not sure that review you've linked is going to do much to attract people to the game 🤣

I'll give it a dabble since it's on PSPlus and I haven't played a golf game in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,138 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I didn't even watch it :D I'll give career go a mode but PGA 21 didn't have many modes but the online society was all I played and seeing other scores from fellow boardsies, got about 10 people putting up a score each round so was great to get a WIDE range of results. Even if you put up a bad score, was still great and always looked forward to the next round.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Damien360

I was in the last one and enjoyed it. I presume you will post a join code here. Honestly don’t remember how it was done.

• Advertisement

I can't remember either, i think i just needed psn names and i was able to send an invite through the game but 2K might do it a bit different. Will see when it goes free and if there isn't a society setup, I'll give it a go and post here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Count me in boss!

Wonder if it's cross platform societies this time? 🤔

EDIT: Yes, there is!!

https://support.2k.com/hc/en-us/articles/14224141083923--PGA-TOUR-2K23-CROSSPLAY-AND-CROSS-PLATFORM

EDIT2: Sorry, that wasn't societies, that is still platform only!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,898 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Haven't played it since the boards group broke up but count me in.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Enjoyed this last time round. Will give it a go again 👌

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭eggy81

Is this ps only.

• Advertisement

It's on xbox as well but I'll be setting up a society on PS. Pity it's not cross play but you never know, of rebirth xbox interest in here, someone can set up a similar society.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭eggy81

Just gave it a go there. First time to play since 2019. Downswing timing seems very difficult

Boards society created. From main menu, go to competitive, societies, join society, L3 to search, boards.ie society. Once you request to join, I can approve members.

My name has a PlayStation symbol beside it so interesting to see if xbox players can find the society on their console and join?

Once we get a few members added, I'll throw up an event.

Accepted, i think you might have to confirm the acceptance? Can you let me know? If so, that's a bollix system.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Romero

Just stuck a request in there to join

Post edited by Romero on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Ah cool, when i check members it's just me and you're still listed in pending requests but clicking you, it only gives an option to view profile. Might just be a delay on **** 2k servers.

I did the tutorial for both 3 point click shot and analogue stick shot. Analogue is so much better.

Question for ye, i see my player has ratings until increased in career mode. Does that carry over to societies? I'd hope we'd all be on level playing ground without having to go through career mode.

Also, the event rules will take some adjusting as we figure out what should and shouldn't be enabled.

I'm in I've played through a season on easy setting afew months back and have a HCP of 7.7 But not played any societies as far as I know it shouldn't make a difference as you will set the rules, like if someone shoots -20 on a round compared to other members then there is something up

But if you want to throw up a test event in the next few days we can see what way it plays out

• Advertisement

Game downloaded. I'm looking forward to seeing how I compare with you all.

Think I'll use 3 click shots this time!

The analogue stick nearly broke my melt in the last game and I think it was the only option in that one! 😆

I finished a respectable +13 at Boston in normal conditions. Not bad at all.

That's why i went straight for 3 click thinking it would be like everybody's golf but it's very awkward. Tried analogue after that and had much better results.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

+9 at Boston in Normal. Changed to 3 click during it and finding it slightly better than the stick. Last golf game I played on the Playstation was the Rory McIlroy one and this is a lot harder!

Got +2 at Boston on normal with the 3 click system, but when it counts, I will usually choke :D

ZC, when you get the chance, I sent a join request :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Did it again and got -3, more jynx than getting the hang of it I'd say. Will look for the society and send a request now

I'll be on in a little while and accept any invites, will make a few of ye admins to accept invites that come in.

If you need a hand I'm on most nights.

Looks like the 2K23 servers are getting hit hard this evening with the big influx of new PlayStation players as getting disconnects and time outs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

2 rounds of Boston done, first one +5, second one -2, slowly getting the hang of this....I think

Advertisement