Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Edited my post as it wasn't in the spirit of the thread 😊

Post edited by Mam of 4 on

• Registered Users Posts: 85,061 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'll be backing Nigel Harman, fancied him in Eastenders as Dennis and like him in Casualty currently

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

And no 15.

Les Dennis is a TV Personality, actor and entertainer.

He has been in showbiz for over 50 years, including famously hosting Family Fortunes for 16 years.

Les Dennis started his career as a comedian on the Working Men’s Club circuit. He got his big break on TV Talent show New Faces, and went on to star in sketch and variety show The Laughter Show.

His TV career includes roles in Extras, Brookside, Death in Paradise and Midsomer Murders and two years in Coronation Street.

On stage he’s starred with the Royal Shakespeare Company, the English National Opera, and in hit plays and musicals such as Hairspray, Legally Blonde The Musical and 42nd Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,188 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I just realised that Bobby Brazier mother was Jade Goody. It's hard to belive that her kids are that age.

Just a heads up!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

The pairings have been announced also. Bring it on! 💃🕺💃🕺💃🕺

Pairings as follows.

15: Amanda Abbington & Giovanni Pernice

14: Angela Rippon & Kai Widdrington

13: Layton Williams & Nikita Kuzmin.

12: Krishnan Guru Murphy & Lauren Oakley.

11: Eddie Kadi & Karen Hauer.

10: Angela Scanlon & Carlos Gu.

9: Zara McDermott & Grazio Di Prima

8: Adam Thomas & Luba Mushtuk.

7: Nikita Kanda & Gorka Marquez.

6: Jody Cundy & Jowita Przytal

5: Ellie Leach & Vito Coppola.

4: Bobby Brazier & Dianne Buswell.

3: Nigel Harman & Katya Jones.

2: Annabel Croft & Johannes Radebe.

1: Les Dennis & Nancy Xu.

SPOILER WARNING

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Ooh I love a good spoiler! Thank you Hilda 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Ezeoul

Is everyone ready?

Its officially Autumn! 💃🕺

Contestants this year:

Professionals:

• Dianne Buswell
    • Nadiya Bychkova
    • Graziano Di Prima
    • Amy Dowden (not given partner but welcomed back to the show)
    • Karen Hauer
    • Katya Jones
    • Neil Jones
    • Nikita Kuzmi
    • Gorka Marquez
    • Luba Mushtuk
    • Giovanni Pernice
    • Jowita Przystal
    • Johannes Radebe
    • Kai Widdrington
    • Nancy Xu
    • Carlos Gu
    • Lauren Oakley
    • Michelle Tsiakkas
    • Vito Coppola

• Registered Users Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭hayrabit

Gwan Angela !! 😁

#oneofourown

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭hayrabit

from "she would literally kill me" to "she would actually kill me"

some Z-lister on abaht his mum and what she'd do to him if he didn't appear on t'show :smh:

never believe a word outta these woke idiots mouths, and by extension whatever cause célèbre they're 'supporting' - whenever they opine on wtf they expect us to agree on.... highly not likely they don't believe it theyselves

#boughtandsold

and then there's Eastenders dude what don't know if the dance in question is the 'rumba' or 'rambo' / yeah right 😏

all a load of bollix

the level/s of wanton hyperbole coming out of their mouths literally knows no bounds 😃

Gwan Scanlon ! looking forward to seeing our Ange, me 😊😊😊

#OOFF

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,811 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Oh dear, Annabel looks like she doesn't have a move in her body 🙈

Bobby and Diane should be a force to be reckoned with!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭Xander10

I cannot get over how much Bobby looks like his mum. He has her smile, and her eyes... even her accent.

Well what does everybody think?

I couldn't take the shrieking or clichés any more so switched over to the rugby!

I'll get the hang of the pairings once the competition starts.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Oh me too!!!! 😀

I missed the group dance because we switched over to the rugby. So didn't get to see any of the contestants dance. With that in mind:-

I like Gio's partner, I'd say she'll get stuck in.

Angela Rippon looks amazing! Be interested to see how she fairs.

Hoping Angela Scanlon is good, I like her.

Lovely tribute to Len as well ❤️

So happy it's back.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

I'm really looking forward to this season, but the opening show is always a bit boring. I think you can really notice the loss of several of the familiar professionals now. The new ones don't seem to have filled the personality gap.

I don't love or hate any of the celebs in advance this year, so I'm open to supporting anyone entertaining. It was difficult to garner much from the group dance, but I thought Zara, Nikita, Anabelle, Amanda, Layton, and Eddie looked decent. Nobody stuck out as a joke contestant that I noticed. Bobby has great natural rhythm and stood out as great when dancing on his own, but looked really awkward in hold. Angela Scanlon looked very stiff. Ellie looked very clunky. Krishnan has natural rhythm but no style.

@pixelburp @Mr E @The Black Oil

Just realised there is already a thread started on this by @freshpopcorn

Can you close this one, or merge it with the other, please?

Same here, so happy it's back, I needed a bit of sparkle so I was looking forward to it.

I agree with all of the above. I remember Nigel from his time in Eastenders too, I hope he does really well. I may have to start watching Casualty, 😁

I knew the pairings but it's still good seeing them together for the first time. Looking forward to seeing their first competitive dance now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

I may have to start watching Casualty, 😁

I was thinking the same 😄

Kai is the new Anton.

I still really miss Pasha, Oti, Janette and Aljaz. But Janette and Aljaz have a new baby now, and Oti is expecting!

I'm surprised Gorka came back this year to be honest. He was really pissed off when he and Helen didn't win last year, and it showed.

I think Nadiya was passed over for Luba, this year - and Nadiya is not at all happy about it. Or maybe it was to give Lauren a celebrity partner. She stood out in the group dances last year.

And poor Amy. God, that lady is going through the mill, first Crohns, now breast cancer.

I'm conflicted over Angela Scanlon and Carlos. I loved him last year, but I cannot.stand.her. Even her TV ads annoy me. She already made one stupid stereotypical joke about how "everyone" in Ireland does Irish dancing and goes to mass. I wonder how many more we'll be subjected too.

Post edited by Ezeoul on

I'm surprised Gorka came back this year to be honest. He was really pissed off when he and Helen didn't win last year, and it showed.

He would be foolish to walk away imo. It's a steady reasonably paid job, and his partner is currently on maternity leave.

Also he doesn't seem to have sidelines like eg Giovanni has his own tours and tv programmes with Anton.

Gorka just gets more gorgeous by the season!

I went back and caught up with the bits I'd missed - Angela surprised me, much better than I thought she'd be.

The one from Asian radio (Nikita?) looks like she might have two left feet.

Angela Rippon looks amazing, but stiff as a poker.

I'm still hoping Annabel Croft, once she gets over being terrified and emotional, might actually have a few dances in her. But I just can't imagine her doing a salsa or a samba.

The one who really caught my eye in the group dance was Amanda with the short dark hair (Abingdon?) - she looks like she can move!

Lovely tribute to Len - everyone looked genuinely emotional.

I really like Bobby, I think he is a sweetheart.

But Dianne complained last year or should I say used the excuse that Tyler was so much taller than her, in response to criticism from the judges. So they gave her Bobby this year 🤷‍♀️ and left a taller pro benched.

I get the feeling that getting Bobby to take it seriously and work at it might be an issue. Would love to see him doing well though.

He has a reality TV show airing at the moment (I haven't watched it, but saw the ads!) He's never really been a favourite of mine.

Gemma & Gorka: Life Behind The Lens

• Registered Users Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭Xander10

seriously, thinking of giving it a miss this year. feels a bit tired. Preferred back when Bruce & Len and even Darcy were involved. Trying too hard to be woke (yes I hate that word to). Shirley still annoys me. Craig getting more plastic every every.

Yes a good brisk walk instead each evening might be a better option.

Same here. I never really took to him. Not sure why.

I heard something about that programme alright but it's not a longterm source of income, presumably.

• Advertisement

Try not to see it as "woke" but as "inclusive".

As it should be.

Advertisement