Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firearms Certificate Waiting Times Survey

Options
  • 07-07-2023 5:50pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 1,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Howdy folks,

The goal of this is to get a broader picture of the state of firearms licencing in Ireland, in particular the rather disparate waiting times between districts.

Below is a link to the survey, completely anonymous, no personal details like emails or contact numbers are asked for.

As the results come in I'll stick up statistics drawn from them(ie best county for licencing, average times for renewals by county, etc).

Please feel free to share amongst licence holders, on social media shooting groups, etc. The more responses the better the statistics will be! 😁

https://forms.gle/xpjPB1gfKu8evS9KA

EDIT - based on some good feedback the survey has been slightly tweaked to add substitutions, and also changed to a Google Form to facilitate more questions(and responses) than surveymonkey allows. Anyone who already answered I've imported your answers already so no need to re-do the survey 😁

Google Forms will show your gmail address when you load the form, if you are logged into your Google account, but that is solely to save your progress if you leave and return, it is not recorded in the survey.

Never forget, the end goal is zero firearms of any type.

S.I. No. 187/1972 - Firearms (Temporary Custody) Order - Firearms seized

S.I. No. 21/2008 - Firearms (Restricted Firearms and Ammunition) Order 2008 - Firearm types restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2009 - Firearms banned & grandfathered

S.I. No. 420/2019 - Magazine ban, ammo storage & transport restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2023 - 2023 Firearm Ban (retroactive to 8 years prior)

Post edited by otmmyboy2 on

Comments

Advertisement