Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rebel Moon - Netflix - Zack Snyder

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

From IGN

"Zack Snyder's unsatisfying conclusion to his bombastic space opera is filled with flimsy character studies, exposition overload, and largely half-baked action sequences that rarely live up to the sci-fi classics it emulates. This finale is the cinematic equivalent of finishing a second-hand jigsaw puzzle only to find several pieces missing."

I am in. First one was shocking. Here we go again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭omri

Finished watching with few bits on fast forward. Its so garbage its baffling that it actually has some decent special effects. The story is basic and dumb as are the main characters plot lines, then you have a mighty empire with massive space ships (that are run on coal 😂) and have to fight farmers and most likely fail but at the same time they have a tech that allows to resurrect the dead but its all ran on coal fed furnaces 😂 (guess its a steampunk universe). Throw Balisarius’ accent to the mix and weirdly shallow depth of filed camera they used where face is in focus but top of the head might not be, before you even get to stuff in the background and use of slow motion in probably every second scene… 2hrs you can spend better for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,552 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

At least the whole thing being in slow motion means you can watch it on fast forward and get it over with quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

I couldn't resist and I'm watching it now. The harvest is just in...it's dire but I'll watch to the end 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭nachouser

Ah yeah, the essential harvest montage, the staple of any good action film.

There's a bit where the lady with the robot arms shows how she came by them. She is shown chopping off her left arm with a not-a-lightsaber, then fitting on the new robotic arm to her left stump, with the already fitted right robotic arm. So, she chopped off her right arm using her right arm? It's hilarious that got through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Flashback Exposition is clunky at the best of times. And Zack Snyder rarely operates during the best of times.

That they genuinely had a character request an exposition dump from each of the other main characters on the eve of battle takes serious balls.

Also, on-screen string quartet matching the energy of the on-screen conflict was genius, dramatic pauses, rising tensions, and explosive crescendos like they were composing on the fly, or had been pre-reading the movie script.

A weird combination of scenes, with nothing-characters delivering every cliché imaginable and making inconsistent decisions to forward a truly illogical plot with needlessly hyperbolic stakes.

With more references to harvesting than you might typically get from a science fiction "space opera".

No excuses, he'd a chunky budget, full creative freedom, and he assembled a two-part piece of joyless rubbish. And he's left it open for continuation. The absolute gall.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

I have about half an hour left in the 2nd one. Will watch to the end cos I'm not a quitter but really I wish I was!

The big question is .are we going to have a part 3.

Finding the princess who was killed but isn't dead!

I can't wait 🥳😁

• Registered Users Posts: 19,552 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭nachouser

Rebel Moon 3 : Dawn of the Dead Princess.

• Advertisement

My excitement knows no bounds but i am resolved that I will contain it🥳

• Registered Users Posts: 15,601 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

So I have watched just over the first hour of this so far. Needed a break then. Some if it's OK some is just terrible. The worst part for me do is tge title "Scargiver" really that's the best they coukd come with? That would be the equivalent to George Lucas calling Star Wars episode 6 "Revenge of the Jedi" which did neatly happen but after a bit of thinking about it was changed to "Return of the Jedi" because Jedi do not take revenge.

Really even I could have came up with a better title for this. Maybe The King's Revenge or Rise of the King or The King strikes back or even the Motherworld strikes back.

All of them so much better than what they came up with.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

If they had given it a good title, you'd have had nothing to write about. Just think, he did you a favour 😜

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭Homelander

It's so bad. I though the first one was a hair above "bad" in that it was pretty watchable and had some OK looking parts but this one is just awful.

I've often defended some of Synder's work and feel it gets unfairly maligned sometimes, but Scar Giver is an absolute stinker.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,055 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

"dropped" is the most accurate word for this…what a turd.

Having 6 parts in your trilogy is certainly "a new approach"!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,249 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Probably when all the slo-mo scenes over 6 films are played at regular speed, it's the same length as a normal trilogy.

In fairness it did feel a little bit like they had a 6 part story that they rammed into 2 films.

It reminded me (unfortunately!) a lot of Star Trek Discovery, badly told story with badly depicted characters and a plot like something Dan Brown would find far-fetched.

Gotta love the coal fired ships though….

Also a scene where there are a whole bunch of soldiers are standing directly under the exhaust of one of the engine/rocket thingies without an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,979 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

i did not bother watching either film, am i better off ?

Put it/them on in the background if you have something else to do…preferably if that something else is in another room.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭omri

This will be an instant classic once it releases od dvd and bluray…

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Patrick Mahomes

Release the Snyder cut!

Regards,

P.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,107 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

If Rebel Moon is to become an ‘instant classic’, it has already comprehensively failed the ‘instant’ part of that criteria (and very likely the ‘classic’ part too) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Norrie Rugger Head

Bloody hell, almost that entire cast deserved so much better

• Registered Users Posts: 19,742 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Haven't checked the accuracy, but MS were claiming as of yesterday that it was number 1 on Netflix with 21m views in 3 days. I guess the hoi polloi will watch anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,315 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Netflix are spending $5B on the rights to the WWE a Snyder movie or three is a drop in the ocean to them these days.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,038 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Part 2 is simply a remake of part 1

Instantly forgettable

Advertisement