Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Three-Body Problem - Netflix (***Spoilers***) David Benioff & D. B. Weiss

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭JustAPoorDreamer

So far I found episodes 1 and 2 OK I found episodes 3 and 4 to be a drag but episode 5 was really good. Can not wait to see the next few episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

As tantalising as that sounds, I'm struggling. Halfway through episode 3 and I reckon I'm done.

Even with netflixs track record of renewals, I'd be skeptical of a season 2 based off this.

Yes it's a strictly for a while. Just skip 3 and 4 and go to 5 you will not miss much. I doubt you have seen gore like this before.

Also the end of episode 5 is cool. I think it should get even better from there on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭emo72

I'm going to have a run at this tomorrow night. I hope it hits home. I remember the expanse being slow enough at the start. And that turned out to be epic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,250 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Just finished and want more now - great show - episode 5 is OMG

• Registered Users Posts: 60,292 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Watched the first episode today and really liked it.

I don't think it's a binging series for me so I've decided I am going to watch it weekly now one epsiode every Sunday.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Short stories? I have the first novel, haven't read it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,970 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Have only read the first book and I must admit I lost a bit of interest when many of the questions were answered.

Book was OK but not up to the hype. Will read the others and see.

As for the series, the bits in China are very good. Benedict Wong is good as is Cunningham (although that may be irish bias). Will keep spoiler free. Boat was well done and appropriately disturbing. But... overall it's... OK.

SO MUCH smoking and swearing. I'm not a prude but Jesus. I suppose it goes with the theme of the antagonist now i think about it (everyone destroying themselves with smokes and... uh.... misery?), but it is a bit on the nose. Rest of the cast not very likeable. Main character seems to be broken up. To allow for exposition I suppose.

have 2 episodes left but it's not bad. Think season 6-7 of Thrones. Not a good as 1-5 but not as insanely rushed as S8 of thrones

Books are relatively short ( in that they are not 1000 pages of bloat) so, given those lads, they will release the last two books as two 30 min shorts......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Didn't know they were related. Have heard a lot...... oh now I think about it, yeah, they're was a Chinese movie. Yeah. Huh

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Ordered the book, thank you!

Short stories are more my style of reading, used to love the 1950's SF stuff as a teenager.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,833 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Will check this out soon - thoroughly enjoyed the first book, and absolutely loved the second book - one of my favourites. The third left me a little disappointed to be honest, maybe even undoing some of what i loved in the second book, but was still ok.

Definitely a show i'll pace myself on I think alright though.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭ollkiller

3 episodes in. Haven't read the books. This is brilliant so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Well hopefully my starlink is better than my other broadband options and I may actually be able to stream something

• Registered Users Posts: 24,378 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Even more mind blowing is I just found out she is also Clinger's wife in M*A*S*H (TV show)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭Harika

3 episodes in, decent enough. Will keep watching as one word of the last episode raised my interest, as this was the favorite part of the second book for me.

I second the Wandering Earth as short stories, although the ones in the middle are meh. It starts with a bang of the first story though.

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

• Advertisement

I thought episode 5 was the best episode of the lot. Very dissapointed by how it goes on from episode 6 and seems to forget what happened in episode 5 everything is just back to ah ye sure it's not that bad pace again.

The one thing I do not really get is if these San-ti Aliens are 400 years away how is the alien tech like the headsets getting to Earth or made on Earth? Did the two Sohons or whatever it is they are called do it?

The sets are not in the book and in the series it is not explained where they come from, the physics of the sophons was in the books already hocus pocus physics, in the series it is not explained at all

How to set spoiler properly please?

Post edited by pixelburp on

• Registered Users Posts: 27,033 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Have to say I loved this. I was happy to the the two GOT producers as I think they do very well turning existing stories/plots into tv shows.

Really hoping Netflix will renew for the remainder (I'm still pissed at them over Final Space :( )

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

@Harika

On desktop, if you highlight a selection of Text you should get this little symbol to the left-hand side; click it, then select the following options...

Well, I SUPPOSE they could say they told humans how to build the technology. The ability for instantaneous "communication" via paired particles is sound by quantum entanglement (Einstein's famous "Spooky Action At A Distance")

• Registered Users Posts: 2,377 ✭✭✭kerplun k

oh man, this is right down my alley. 2 episodes in and I'm loving it. Don’t get me wrong, it’s beyond stupid, but in the same way Lost is stupid, or Blake Crouchs Dark Matter is stupid, or Podcasts like Lightspeed magazine are stupid, or Star Trek… listen I could go on. Sci-Fi is stupid, but of all the serious things in life, this is the best kind of stupid.

Im all in. The after show analysis, The breakdown videos on YouTube, the deep dive blogs, I’m all over it. My only criticism is that this is a binge, A show like this deserves a weekly release to give time to nerd out after each episodes

Oh God, that monkey.... Yeesh

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

WB decided to kill Final Space and remove it entierly from the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DVD-Lots

Binged it yesterday in bed with a head cold. First few eps were good, Ep 5 is the standout, but I feel it kind of unraveled into a fortunate mess for the characters after that. Didn't read the books and not sure if I want to. A lot of dialog, and some is really good, you do get drawn in. But the overall arcs of the characters are just a bit.....meh tbh, too coincidental or something. I don't think there is 1 character that I am actually rooting for here, even Cunningham started to grate on me. I will watch any further seasons just to see the resolution, how bad can it get, ammirite!!!. 6/10 for me so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

in the 3 body problem book if the system is so unstable how does a civilization develop?

Advertisement