Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Three-Body Problem - Netflix (***Spoilers***) David Benioff & D. B. Weiss

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

I totally missed that distinction in the aliens change of approach in the TV show… anyone else catch that?

I thought had simply stopped trusting and co-operation with the 'traitors'.

anyway I thought at the time of the warning she was happy with human extinction if it saved the rest of the planet's fauna and flora…

Post edited by expectationlost on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,051 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Something it took me ages to cop in the show was that the hippy she met was the guy who owned the boat. I had completely forgotten about the hippy. But ya both were driven by the idea that a people who grew up on a doomed planet would appreciate ours more than we do. Im pretty sure all the authors work has an ecological element to the story.

The more I hear people talk about the show the more I think it is a bad adaptation and tough for anyone who hasn't read the books.

Also for the show it seems to be unfortunately timed as Fallout has taken all the wind out of its sails.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Homelander

I think the actors and characters are fine enough but the plot seems like complete nonsense cobbled together.

Unless I'm missing something if the protons can mess with and physically interact with the world and engineer science to fail, then why stop there? Why simply hamper earth's development when they could literally send us back to the bronze age without any difficulty.

And Wenje calls the aliens to earth despite being ominously advised by same that they will come to utterly conquer and then pulls the shocked Pikachu face 50 years later when they announce they intended to conquer.

I dunno. It was very watchable but it's not good sci-fi.

Also didn't recognise Eiza Gonzales as Auggie, knew she was super familiar but couldn't place her. She looks extremely different from her Dusk till Dawn days, almost like a different person. Looks great to be fair but lot of work done.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Apothic_Red

I enjoyed the earlier episodes more, the one's set in the VR game, wish the whole season was like that.

The boat bit was daft & seemed like a prop just to show off the nano fibre thing really.

Cancer boy was a real drag, just an excuse to mope about without moving the story on.

I never understood Cunningham's idea to send people to the alien fleet, even at 0.01% of the speed of light what difference would it make anyway.

I did get the cult hysteria & the scenes set in China were far superior to the UK which looked like one of those budget Harlan Coban productions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,051 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

The little science gang was poor. The Asian girl was the only one I found to be not a drag and also believable as a scientist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,504 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,672 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Great news

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭kerplun k

oh wow. That’s awesome.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Netflix clarified this was renewed for 2 more seasons, to end at Season 3. Classic three season run but at least confirms how long it's gonna run

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I guess Netflix didn't have any kind of exclusivity deal: interesting to see China plowing ahead with another adaptation of its own (this time a movie). Something tells me this movie won't lean into the chaos and violence of the Cultural Revolution…

• Advertisement
Advertisement