Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer 2023 in Revenue - Tax, Audit and Compliance

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭NigelB770

Yeah, I'm on a team but for the next year I'll actually be working with another team to get an understanding of the internal systems and a good base understanding of things. They did say if I could come into the office the days the two teams I'm with are in it would be good to meet uo with them, however, Training is basically 3 or 4 days a week for the next 3 months so they told me to do that all at home so I'll have no distractions in the office. So I'll find out more this week what they want me to look at the Thursdays or Fridays each week I'm not training.

There's travel and subsistence alright for any travel needed for training. I only have 2 days away in the Midlands to go to next month. Hotels in Dublin might be a bit more expensive for you so! Maybe the T&S won't cover the total cost for you? I'm not entirely sure how it works, will find out in a few weeks time!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 MysticGreg

Seems reasonable enough coming in the days the whole team is in so you can get a feel for what’s involved. Were you given all your WFH equipment day 1?

To be honest I don’t mind commuting each day by bus or train, just wasn’t sure if you could get some of the expenses back. The reason I asked was because I remember something being mentioned in the booklet about it but couldn’t the policy online.

Thanks for all your info so far, it’s really helpful!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭NigelB770

Yeah got all the equipment to set up at home on the first day. Everything was there and ready to go for me.

There only appears to be a couple days onside training in the next few months, I'm not sure how it works if you were travelling each day to it as opposed to staying overnight but I'd imagine it shouldnt be an issue. But your manager will be in the know about all thay stuff anyway. You just submit your expenses online anyway from what I see, presumably they go to your manager then for approval.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 clonman1980

Hi there,

im sorry if I’m posting this In the wrong group but I am desperate. I’m currently on a panel for EO in Revenue Dublin (internal). I live in limerick. Do you know if the majority of departments in revenue in Dublin are 1 day a week? I applied for Dublin as the panels move so quickly and I had heard that the general consensus was that nearly everyone in revenue was 1 day a week.

thanks

Advertisement