Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer 2023 in Revenue - Tax, Audit and Compliance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭CivilCybil

I just checked again there and I had recalled the email incorrectly. What it actually said was "should you wish to accept this offer you will be promoted with immediate effect from the date you take up duty in your new location. We will contact your Divisional Office to request confirmation of this date and once received will revert back to you with a contract and letter of assignment"

I'm not being promoted but I am an EO in another department of the civil service.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 MysticGreg

Got the email on Thursday to say I was offered a role in my No.1 location. Have been submitting documents the last two days and sent off Garda Vetting form last night. How long did this process take for everyone else before they started?

I got my provisional offer on 27th June and my official offer on 31st July.

I have to give a month's notice so I'm scheduled to start at the end of August/start of September but I'm still waiting on contracts etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭NigelB770

Thanks for the info, I'm in the same boat regarding notice period so just wanted to get a rough idea of what the timeframe would be.

Gotta love the public sector recruitment process!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭scullersky

Anyone know what the WFH policy is? Couldn't find any info online.

It may vary from office to office but I have a friend already in the local office to me that I'll be joining and each team seems to have 1 anchor day per week when everyone on that team are expected to be in and that seems to be it, so 4 days at home and there doesnt seem to be a probation period in that office work from home more or less straightaway, however, he said new recruits may need to come in more than once a week on occasions due to training etc.

Has anyone got the contracts yet? 2 weeks on Monday to my agreed first day when I got the official offer and still no contract! Its a bit crazy not having it yet considering I've my notice handed in to current employer, due to finish next week with them and they offered my current job to someone today to replace me

I would imagine once you get in the door that you'd have to spend a good chunk in the office to get up speed with everything but I wonder would other offices around the country have the same kind of policy of allowing you to work from home the majority of the week? Makes the job even more appealing if that were the case as I've mentally prepared myself to be commuting into the office five days a week for the next 6 months or so once I start.

Not much point in you being in the office it no one else is there 😁

Maybe other offices are different but I asked that off of a friend already in my local office, he seemed to think I'd be at home the majority of the time from the outset as most of the training is online. Again I'm sure it varies depending on the office and the role you're doing, his current team are all working behind the scenes on things whereas his previous team in the same office were out on Audits a good bit pre covid

• Advertisement

Suppose the coffee run won't be that bad if I'm only one in the office😂

Hoping to get into the audit team myself so if most of the training is online, I won't complain about WFH straight away!

The sense of the not knowing what's around the corner is a killer...

Yeah you'd think this week they're bound to start issuing contracts to people who've agreed to start on August 28th!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Saulgudman

Id say it could be 25th August before they arrive. Be great if we got something this week but wouldnt be so sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭scullersky

Still waiting om contract here also... there really is not much time left before August 28th so hopefully will hear soon.

Was told I’d get the contract to sign once my Garda Vetting had processed but I’m assuming you all have been told the same so?

I was told I'd get it once the particular department in the Revenue office I'm going too was confirmed to them. I think everyone are starting to wonder what the hold up is now. You would imagine no formal offers would have been made to people without knowing this and without garda vetting being complete....

Has everyone/anyone got their official start dates? i havent.

I have but from my current (civil service) HR department. Nothing from revenue.

Still waiting on my Garda Vetting to clear so no sign of contracts to sign. Everyone else having similar delays with the Garda Vetting process? It has been over 2 weeks at no status update on my application

• Advertisement

Oh right , so did you get a contact and /or start time for the 28th?

Post edited by Saulgudman on

• Registered Users Posts: 16 newnewnewnew

Has anyone gotten any info in general about starting? Laptops? Blended working or potential for blended working? In person training days outside of your location? has anyone with a start date had any communication from their manager?

I got contract and other starting info and agreements to sign last week. Department I'm reporting to contacted me on Friday too with training info for September to December. It's pretty full on most weeks. Majority of training is online. There is a couple of days in the Midlands for in person training. I'd imagine it will be the same for all. The person I'm meeting on my starting day is a manager in Business Audits. However, I'm not sure if that will be my department and reports to manager as talking to an insider he told me it would be unusual for someone with no auditing experience to be on that team. But anyway we'll see what happens.

Nope, just that they had contacted my HR and I was offered different transfer dates based on payroll. I chose one.

From Revenue I received an email with the training timetable up to November but no contracts or details about my start date - I'm just assuming my start date based on the communication with my current HR

Got the notification that my Garda vetting has cleared and sent a contract with a start date for middle of next month.

All I know is who I am reporting to and what department i will be working in.

No mention of training schedule, wfh policy or basic things like dress code in the office. Has anyone else got sent info like this before their start date or were you told on day 1?

Dress code is generally smart casual, not too smart. I'm starting on Monday, I only got the initial training schedule at the end of last week which is for September to December. I presume if you're starting the middle of the month you'll be doing it October onwards.

They haven't mentioned wfh policy to me but I know someone who started just last year and they're usually only in the office one day a week since they started, the odd time 2 days, maybe it's different in different offices but that's how it is where I'm starting.

My new manager rang me yesterday and went over a few things and is meeting me in the office on Monday to get me all set up.

I wouldnt get too stressed out about it at all anyway 🙂

Thanks for all the tips, the nerves are starting to kick in now that I've an actual start date!

I assuming all the training is done online via teams or something like that or is there office based classes on your schedule?

It's all online except for a couple of days on site in a hotel in the Midlands in October.

Although from the person I know that started a year ago, whilst it's more or less all online I think they did do some of the training as a group in the office, there was 3 or 4 started at the same time. I'm assuming it will be the same when I go in on Monday and there will be a number of others starting too.

The interview was the hard part, should be all plain sailing for us all from here on in, we wouldn't have got the interview and then passed it if they didn't think we were capable enough so again I wouldn't be worrying at all now 👍

How are you settling in to your new role? Is the role as expected with the WFH schedule or are you in the office most of the week?

Got my training schedule and I've to travel up to the big smoke for my training. I know I'm not in the door yet but do we get reimbursed for travel expenses for this training?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 newnewnewnew

Can I just ask are a lot of people in this thread qualified accountants that are goin for this job?

Advertisement