Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer 2023 in Revenue - Tax, Audit and Compliance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 boardswex

Passed TG.

Does anyone know how it works for this? What panel numbers are usually reached in the year? Why do they give the national OOM instead of your chosen location (s)?

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭CivilCybil

From the job description they start the three year training in September, January and April (I think!)

So I'm guessing they'll have a set number of people to start the training and pull them from the panel as each start date arises.

But that's just speculation and guess work on my part!

ETA I found the description in the candidate booklet.

"Executive Officers will be required to complete Revenue’s trainee auditor programme. This includes practical training carrying out Revenue interventions; and may include an academic qualification on a course accredited by a recognised academic institution and/or professional body, on which you will be required to successfully complete all relevant Exams. Courses commence in September 2023, January 2024 and April 2024. The training covers many areas of tax and customs law and procedures, will take approximately three years to complete and is specifically aimed at providing Executive Officers with the technical skills to undertake the full range of Revenue compliance work. This training is delivered via a blended delivery model and there will be an element of in-person classroom attendance required. "

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭WednesdayGirl

Best of luck to all that made the panel :)

I just fell short but there's always next time!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭NigelB770

Passed also, did a lot better than i expected. The number you are given is your overall number in the whole competition it says in the email so not your number for your chosen County. So if you're number 100 for instance you're likely much higher in your own county. Hopefully offers start going out soon. 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Saulgudman

Passed. I just about scraped through on one of them but placed inside top 60 overall. Fingers crossed they need a lot of EOs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 boardswex

Congrats. That's great. Surely they will reach well over 60/70 EOs in the year ? Does anyone have any idea how many they reached last year or is it the same process?

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭scullersky

I just came across this thread so thought I would say hello!

I got in the top 10 so I am delighted. Can't wait to start now. I worked as a TCO in Revenue years ago and I am really looking forward to it again.

What county are you in for? I got in the top 10 too 😀

First Choice is Dublin, second Cork. But I only want Dublin. What area are you in for?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 newnewnewnew

Anyone know what way it works with offers, do they give you much details on the role, what the training expectation is etc? I'm more than happy to do the tax tech training but I did see somewhere about a level 7 possibly being required which I dont realistically know with family life I'd have the time to commit to and as I'm currently in a job I'd need details of what the expectation is before accepting. You know how normally in an interview you can ask questions, it wasnt that kind of interview. Or even with days I currently have 3 days at home and wouldn't wana lose that.

Post edited by newnewnewnew on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Advice97

Has anyone ever appealed their result? If so what was the outcome?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Saulgudman

FYI

If you email the address on the email they will give you the positions for your chosen county/counties.

I emailed yesterday and got mine back today.

Anyone know what the clearance process is and how long it takes?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 tomekJ

Hi All, "Courses commence in September 2023, January 2024 and April 2024", does anyone know if we are offered to start in September can that be postponed and start in January 2024? January would suit me better

Garda vetting primarily, takes 4 to 6 weeks usually to complete. Also likely to contact your current employer for a reference, most don't give references now anyway but will respond to say we can confirm that you worked here from this date to that date and that's all they need.

Not sure, from what I understand there's only so much work you can do until you have your tax qualifications so I'd imagine they will want you enrolled and doing your training ASAP as they need staff and bums on seats fairly fast due to large numbers of retirements this past 18 months

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Pen100

Does anyone think offers will go out this week? Or is that wishful thinking 🤣

I'd say they could be starting very soon if training starts in September. Allowing 6 weeks for Garda vetting, getting references sorted and allowing people to hand in sufficient notice to existing employers too

• Registered Users Posts: 17 tomekJ

Let me know if you find out more details please, I am in similar situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 greyhound101

Next week I believe after they know where the vacancies are.

Anyone hear of any offers going out?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Pen100

@NigelB770 Nope, nothing yet anyway

Nothing yet either.

In fairness when I emailed that panel placings email address to ask when they expected offers to be made they were quick to respond.

Hope we hear this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 kkcat11

Did they say when?

I asked them last Wednesday and they said they were waiting to hear where had vacancies and would issue offers this week

• Registered Users Posts: 16 newnewnewnew

Just got offered both locations but no detail at all on the position so I went back to see can I get some clarity.

• Advertisement

@newnewnewnew can I ask where are your locations?

Advertisement