Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment 2023/2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭mrmanor

Yes - As soon as I emailed I got a automatic reply stating the email had been received.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Jamesdavoc13

I’m at the 1200 OOM mark. I’ll let you know I’m when I get called up by posting in this chat 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Urbs Intacta

Hi everyone, is there a WhatsApp group for Batch 1? My interview is very soon, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 jcoyne22

Has anybody in the first batch done their interview yet. What was it like?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 anglica

Hi, folks. I'm on batch 01.

how does it work after the PFT? how long does it take for you to be called to the medical exam? asking this because I'm living abroad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭iphone6

Hi, is it like before? Where you do 5 competences ? Or has the format changed

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Danielm2753

Did anyone from that was between 450 and 900 on the oom get their results yet? Or get a date for the interview

• Registered Users Posts: 13 lmf91

Hi, I’m in that bracket and haven’t heard anything back yet

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Cloud7901

Anyone who has already done their interview care to share what it is like? Was it nerve racking? What type of things they focused on and stuff like that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Grace259

Anyone know when the last day of interviews is? Only dying to find out if I passed 😅

• Advertisement

Last day is the 12th

How was the interview btw ?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 jcoyne22

• Registered Users Posts: 3 conorcurtis2001

My interview is on the 12th. I think the last day is the 13th and then it’s usually a few days after that. How did your interview go? Was there any questions that you weren’t expecting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 winnq

This is my second time doing the interview and this time was definitely different to the last time. Had a different interview panel so I suppose it’s to be expected. I didn’t get asked anything too awkward, but I definitely had to think on my feet a lot. Got interrupted quite a bit but was warned at the beginning that that would happen. Honestly the nerves of waiting for the interview to start was nearly the worst part of it. Once it starts, it’s over before you know it. Best of luck to anyone still to do it.

How long was the interview, was it 45 mins like they said ? And were they asking much based on your past work experiences?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 mogoose10

Does anyone know how long after the interview until they get in touch to let you know? It wasn't mentioned during it and I didn't think to ask at the time

Yes they stuck to the 45 mins on the button. Id say just try to be well prepared with your competencies, lessens the nerves, did for me second time round and review your application form before the interview

Thanks , totally bricking it right now 😅

I’d assume the competencies weren’t all too bad

• Registered Users Posts: 15 killiandoody95

Interview on the 02/08/23, nervous already! When do we get told what the competencies are going to be ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 lmf91

@killiandoody95

if you go into your messages on public jobs you were sent a message on the 2/6/23 (stage 2 important information) click into that and scroll down to the (Pre Assessment Information booklet) click on that and the competencies are on page 12 of that booklet :) hope that helps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 killiandoody95

Thank you mate, I thought we were given 5 competencies to learn before the interview?

In the booklet on the page @lmf91 said, there are 5 competencies.

- Interpersonal Skills and Service Ethos

- Exercising Authority

- Resilience

- Conscientiousness

- Problem Solving and Using Information

The explanation of these competencies is explained on that page and using your past experience, in the interview, you need to be able to demonstrate how you acted in that way. You need to prepare your examples and they need to demonstrate how you fit the competency to satisfy the requirements of the role.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Grace259

Does anyone know how the medicals are done, are they done by our GP or is it occupational health in the Garda HQ? Is it a private company?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Irishguy215702

For anyone that cares about work/life balance and/or who has a family and/or will be eventually facing the likelihood of commuting and the travel costs associated with it, in November the roster is changing form 4 shifts on, 4 days off to 6 shifts on 4 days off meaning more working days each year, less time with family, increased childcare costs and increased travel costs for same pay.

Post edited by Irishguy215702 on

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭RarePhilosophy

Do you reckon there will be a blue flu?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 elliekeo95

Interview results today for Batch 1 I reckon? What do ye think?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 ConorAFH

Anyone hear anything today? done my interview on the 4th thought might have heard something today,

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Irishguy215702

There might well be, lots of twists ans turns ahead next 3 months. Tbh think you'd be hard up to join the job these days, lots looking to leave and join the prison service or civil service. No paperwork and less stress, not being forced to plug the gaps of society by providing mental health support, marriage counselling and child custody, resolve neighbours bickerings for crap pay and crap pension and now 6 shifts on leading to even more of the same.

• Advertisement

Nothing today for me either , was fully expecting it. I suppose a watched pot never boils. It’ll probably arrive when you least expect it.

Surely something has to give at some stage. Rosters will surely be breaking point for most Gardai.

I remember watching RTE archives of the blue flu in 1998, and they actually sent Templemore recruits out to assist the few gardai that turned up for work, could very well be one of the 2023 intakes .

Advertisement