Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment 2023/2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Edsjd227

Cheers!! Not too confident about it meself....totally different to previous years

• Registered Users Posts: 4 rb99

results are out 👌🏻

• Registered Users Posts: 2 JayK966

Hi got my results hope everyone is pleased ! I was wondering pre interview do they send out the form b which is when you detail all family , employment history etc or do they still do that thank you !

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭RarePhilosophy

Well done :) Last year we got that after passing the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 psb1

I got my results today and passed. Really pleased hope everyone on here did well too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 psb1

Would be great if a whats app account could be created for Stage 2 candidates?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Edsjd227

Passed away no bothers was absolutely sure I failed it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 andreafarrelly00
    af2000

Haven't typed here on Boards in ages, just an fyi to everyone applying to the Guards. Vetting/Form B can (not always) take forever. I myself, applied in Feb 2022, completed all the medicals, fitness tests, interviews etc. by July/beginning of Aug in 2023. I was very naive to think I'd get the Dec 2023 intake. Wasn't too disappointed when I didn't, but was so sure I'd get the January one, and didn't either. Now it's April 2024 and very unlikely I'm getting this one too. I don't receive any correspondence from HRPD. I have rang and emailed countless times and get the same response (along with many others) of "one suitability check left" - which really could mean anything. All the excitement has gone from the whole process. In all the months (years even) I've been waiting I had time to complete a Masters - so just be prepared everyone to expect a long wait, doesn't happen to everybody obviously, but there are a good few of us still waiting and the lack of communication/info is crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,546 ✭✭✭billyhead

Do you have many or any close relations living abroad?

In a similar boat. Not waiting as long tough. Had PCT passed in late September (when they start the vetting process). I’m also waiting on one suitably check. I’m hopeful for July, but I hate hearing the horror stories of people waiting 2/3 years or even worse when people get lost in the system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 D-Reg14

yes I agree with you , correspondence or lack of is crazy. I passed my pct the start of November and only had my interview in station last week.only to be told I was sent to wrong station and met the wrong person. Every time I phoned HR I was given a different station that I was to go to. I was then told my file”fell between two stools” .

The interview I did go to I was told was no good. Even though the inspector I met signed off on me. It’s an extremely frustrating process and people that have only recently applied should apply and live your life and don’t dwell or expect anything too soon.

Similar experience with me as well. Had to get HR to resend the file. At least you have some control over the local interview. When it comes to the vetting we are completely in the dark. I could get an email in the next hour with an offer or it could be after Christmas. It’s frustrating but such is life.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 WestEire00

Be prepared to wait over a year at least with up to 2 or 3 years..there is no one you can contact for an answer, just sit tight and get on with your life's,time will come.

I see your point. It’s quite hard when not knowing to book holidays or not ect. It would be great if you were told you’ll be another year waiting, it would be unfortunate but at least you’d know, and be able to plan around it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Murphy2024

Wondering as well for those of you who have completed all stages and are waiting for your vetting checks, do you have family living abroad? The lack of correspondence from them seems a bit mental. Surely with the need for guards the country has they would do a better job with recruitment. As interested as I am in being a guard, I don’t exactly want to be sitting around for 3 years waiting on a vetting check.

I’ve two relatives living within Europe.
    Seems the average between 12-18months from application. Nearly a year from my application now. My Vetting stated in October (after I passed PCT).

I’ve spoke to people with plenty of family abroad who’s vetting cleared very quick, so it just seems random. 3 years seems rare enough. 2 wouldn’t be uncommon. Obviously if you are a high batch number that might add more time as it would take longer to start and pass your PCT.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 racheldowney2

oh I rang them and told them not to put you into the college until I’m going there 🤭 my bad. Hope you’re well hehe 👮🏻‍♀️

• Registered Users Posts: 14 19thhole

Hi Guys,

Has anybody set up a what’s app group for successful candidates for July intake yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 andreafarrelly00
    af2000

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Confitzy

Hi Guys

have the people that have been called for interviews been sent there competencies? Or when do we get them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭XabiAlonso22

I see 187 new trainees started today, what's the max on each intake they can get in at anyone time? Our was there only 187 good ones from that intake the last time it was done? :)

Max they can have is around 250 I believe. In the commissioners report it said 220 had cleared everything and had been made an offer. So 33 probably deferred to the next intake. So 187 is the most they could fill that intake with.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭XabiAlonso22

Thanks, I was wondering, I guess with some people getting late notice you can't blame them.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Grace259

Whatsapp group has been made for July intake, private message me if you have gotten your call for July and I'll send you the WhatsApp link 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Jimmy.james

Did anyone waiting on there interviews get any word back from justice recruitment other than the automated email about their scanned documents

• Registered Users Posts: 20 bfg1

edit comment as I read your post wrong 😑

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Dyagon84

Anyone who passed their Stage 2 competency based interview have any tips for those of us doing their interviews next week?

Rehearsal in front of a video camera and play it back to yourself. Found that helpful.

Just know your competency examples and use the STAR interview method to answer. Have at least 2 examples for each competency.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 mrdeanj

does anyone know the date of the next intake?

• Advertisement

I’d estimate it will be 1st of a July , give or take a week. I don’t know is there is any dates set in stone yet. That’s what I’m hoping for, I’m waiting on vetting.

You waiting on vetting?

Advertisement