Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment 2023/2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Dublindriver33

I completed the written assessment this morning and made a mess of it, I completed the first scenario and clicked next to go the next one and it saved my progress and logged me out as if I was complete🤬🤬, so I would say that is me gone for this year.

It wasn't very well explained

• Registered Users Posts: 12 garda022

Afaik there was only one scenario?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sara1999

I think I’m the same , only completed one

• Registered Users Posts: 20 bfg1

I don’t think taht will matter as your not assessed on that until stage 2 from my understanding of it

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Murphy2024

Yeah there was only one scenario in the written exercise.

• Advertisement

When I finished my written exercise and submitted it Brought me onto another one but my time was up

The numerical part took me well over an hour , does anyone know how time affects your score and even at that I only got about half right ! So disappointed

Strange. I definitely only had 1 written scenario given. It does also state in the Familiarisation booklet that you receive a scenario and answer two questions on it. Doesn't mention there being more then 1 anywhere. I'm also not even sure if i hit the 25-40 sentences mark as i didn't exactly have time to count them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lunarlane

I'm assuming the grading is outsourced so surely each application will be looked over by human eyes - people can easily hit the 22-45 sentence mark but the quality may be udder shite.

Ya I’m not sure if I reached the amount either just typed as much as I could in the time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 racheldowney2

A lot of people seem to be getting mixed up on exams.

the assessment questionnaire = you’re given options to pick what you’re from good fitness health, team worker, work well the community etc

then you’re given a passage and you have to pick from the four options if the act is good or bad.

the exercise I feel people are talking about it’s the written exercise where you get a passage and you have 30 minutes to say what you would do in this situation. There’s only one passage.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Jimmy.james

Post edited by Jimmy.james on

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Jimmy.james

Post edited by Jimmy.james on

When I completed the scenario I submitted it and then it went onto a different scenario which I didn’t have time to do , how do you find out if your answer was saved or not does anyone know ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 racheldowney2

What do you mean fault? Like it’s all good if we write in the one box?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lunarlane

Do you mean that if you saw two boxes to write in, it was a fault and you can re-do the test? Can you clarify what the issue was?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 EOD1982

Hi

Did anyone have an issue while doing the written assessment with the box constantly jumping and being unable to see the words you just typed on the screen?

Yeah there seems to have been a lot of issues with the written exercise. Wonder if they'll take that into account.

Did you read that on other forums with regards to there being alot of issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ascull98

Yeah mine did this aswell was so annoying, yeah there’s also a lot of people saying aswell that when they clicked submit another text box came up

• Advertisement

OK it wasn't just me so. . Particularly annoying when you went back to add in bits and the text was going in wrong place. Could have done without that happening but what can you do..

Yeah same with mine was so annoying , was like the words were jumping on the page and when I was going back to correct spelling was a disaster so it seems to be a few that this happened too this is not asssessed until stage two so let’s hope we make it that far :) not feeling to confident .

Not one bit optimistic. Best of luck anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Grace259

Does anyone know what the minimum equestrian experience/qualification is for the garda mounted unit?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 mogoose10

Hi, I am pretty sure I asked this question of someone in mounted unit. Actually met them while on a horse myself. Anyway, from what I remember you do NOT need previous equine experience to be considered for the mounted unit. I am pretty sure that's what I was told.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 D-Reg14

Anyone else waiting on meeting with local station since passing medical and fitness test? If so how long?also if you have had your interview how long was it after you passed the medical and fitness?

thanks In advance

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭runnerboy

It happened pretty quick id say about 3 weeks after the medical. Havent heard a thing since and that was December

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Alfaguy

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Edsjd227

Any ideas when results are out??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 kaya1

Possibly by the end of this week or early next week I say.

Advertisement