Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2023 (Nationwide)

Options
1313233343537»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭slick_rick88

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

You're the Jimmy Magee of interview questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Mick001

Hi I've been assigned Dept of social Protection Bray anyone know what is like to work in? Thanks

Received this email an hour ago, getting quite anxious and nervous..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7   DanialDonegal

Hi all,

Is anyone currently working as CO in DSP? I'm wondering about the take home pay and the current working hours also has anyone with dyslexia in the Civil Service?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 kildare2024

they move quiet quick! I had my medical Monday and was asked the Tuesday for a start date and given my department. They were sending contract out then straight away to sign and send back asap

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I'm a CO, only in it a few months. As of this week my take home pay is €520 a week. No idea about dyslexia but there seems to be a fair bit of effort made in regard to accessibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Sweetpea90

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭crinkley

no it’s not I’m not on that take home and I’m on point 2. 480 is probably more realistic. I’m taking just over 500 with the recent pay rise. No extra tax credits etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Gympodie

Anyone hear anything back yet about their N.S.S.O 2024 Clerical Officer application yet? The deadline was Friday 24th May. When would you expect to hear back?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭shmeee

On point 1?

That is not possible on normal TC's & TB's for a normal worker on standard credits.

Gross pay is €555.90 p/w, net pay is a max of €480-ish and thats before any deductions for pensions, income protection or unions etc. which could be €20-40 p/w. This is on normal/single person or even joint assessed and both working.

Yes, you may get €520, but that's if you've excess Tax Credits to use or other Tax Credits to add to your record. And if not worked for a number of months this year too, you'll have excess TC's to use.

I would recommend to use a online Net Pay Calculator and do the sums and your own personal information to see net pay.

Ps. It's gonna be poor starting off TBH and a shock.

So the council asked my references the following information yesterday :

REFERENCE REQUEST - PRIVATE & CONFIDENTIAL

Candidate’s Name:

Applying for position of: Clerical Officer

How long have you known this person?

Please describe how you know the person above.

Have you worked directly with this person?

☐ Yes ☐ No

How would you describe this person’s general work ethic?

How would you describe this person’s ability to perform duties as assigned?

Would you recommend the candidate as a suitable person for employment?

Signed:

Current Job Title:

Date:

Buzzing now and not long to go! Medical tomorrow and council should get results of that early next week and then I hand in my notice!

Medical for nurse was a urine sample, check height, what i weight i was, blood pressure, reading the letters on the wall with one eye covered each time, colour eye numbers test can I make out the numbers.

Medical for doctor checking my breathing in my back and front upper body, check my neck from bottom to up near jaw, checked my ears, stretch my down to my toes but had bit strain but he said I could improve on that, checked my head move by looking left and right, leaning on my left ear, leaning on my right ear,moving my head around, checked my my mouth, asked if I ever had a drink or drug problem.

Between them took about 40 minutes all together, nurse saw me straight away, took 20 wait for doctor.

I said was everything to him and he said everything is okay and they'd send it off to council.

you should get an email by tomorrow afternoon asking what notice you have to hand in, they don’t rush start date I gave 4 weeks to start

Well considering I got the email on may 27th stating (see attachment) a 28th of June is a proposed date to start if all going well! They will probably receive the results of my medical today and put everything together and hopefully get back to me tomorrow or Wednesday at latest as I found out from my current job I just have to give a weeks notice so Id give them that this Friday, work up until next Friday and have a week off before I start then 😀!

that’s great, I have July 1st as my start date give myself enough time to prepare 😂

Haha happy days! Won't be long coming around! I kind of wish I was starting in the middle of July as I have something booked for the first weekend abroad but I'm going to cut my losses on the flights as I feel I couldn't exactly tell them on first day (28th June) that I'd be going away the following Friday to Tuesday and need that time off..I don't think it would come across well just after getting in the door.

Advertisement