Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Marvels - MCU

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

That looks fun. I think the power entanglement and place swapping is a fun idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,033 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

A cat army.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

looks horrific, I saw somewhere that the budget is 200m, yikes! , they aint getting that back

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Said in the general thread, but I enjoyed that trailer. Looks like the kind of knockabout, goofball fun sorely missing from much of the recent MCU. The premise alone turned my head and hopefully the movie really makes imaginative use of it.

First time in a while I've said "yeah, go on, you have my attention" to a MCU trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,295 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Iman Vellani just oozes charisma and I think will steal every scene she is in just like she did in the Ms Marvel series.

Disney have found a real star in her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Wouldn't be too sure, Released right in time for the Thanksgiving to Christmas holiday season. I reckon it'll be great craic altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,966 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Disney just love losing money don't they.

Looks terrible, not sure who target market is.

they have reduced their audience going by that trailer to pre teen girls, you cant do that for a 200m movie.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Acosta

It looks a bit too silly. But sure we'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭CWMMC

This doesn't look like a Marvel movie ill be watching. It seems like they forgot what audience range they normally aim for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,569 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Oh that looks like fun.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

Looks just like the last Marvel product and the one before that and the one before that...

November release? lol Dune 2 and Hunger Games Songbird Snake have the same window of release. . Its going to flop!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,837 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Looks fun.. most interested i've been in catching a Marvel movie in theatres for quite a while.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Ms Marvel has been a very popular new character, and not like adults are immediately allergic to anything starring a teenager; if this reviews as being as fun as the trailer suggests, more likely it becomes a hit that arrests the slump.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,849 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Or are they....

Flerkens!!! Lol

It's aimed squarely at the Tom Holland Spider-Man fans with Kamala stepping into Peter Parkers shoes. Now I doubt it will reach Spider-Man numbers (be interesting to compare it with "Across the Spider-Verse" though.) but it should do OK.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Nia DaCosta was on Blank Check this week chatting about Trance, but she was very candid speaking about her issues with the way a lot of modern blockbusters are filmed. She also said she’s openly spoken to Marvel bosses about some of the stuff she hasn’t liked in the MCU films, and went to town on Endgame’s infamous ‘female heroes assemble’ sequence. She’s an interesting choice for a film like this and a director I like, so I’m intrigued to see how she fares here. The MCU has defeated many directors before, of course, but hopefully she’ll find a particular groove like James Gunn or Taika Waititi (first time around… let’s ignore the second) did.

I literally just finished that episode and was quite surprised how candidly she spoke of the MCU, to the extent I stopped what I was doing to make sure I heard her right. Not often you have someone do that before their film is even out!

Brave move cos if this fails she'll be thrown under the bus quick enough, but it's a sign of her confidence in herself she basically criticised her employers' prior work without pause or diplomacy. By all accounts the trailer doesn't suggest something half àssed or without confidence, insofar as one can read into those things from a trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

Why isn't it aimed at Captain Marvel fans 🤨

The show was Disney's lowest viewed show in 2022, it doesnt scream high demand for a big budget movie?, though liked the opening lines of the Beastie Boys song "Well now, dont you tell me to smile"

Ms. Marvel is the least-watched Marvel series on Disney+, according to reports.

The show, which has the highest score of any Marvel Studios series so far on Rotten Tomatoes at 95 per cent, has recorded the lowest viewership in its opening five days.

According to Samba TV, 775,000 US households watched the premiere of Ms. Marvel in the first five days following its release on June 8.

In comparison, Loki earned the biggest opening numbers with 2.5million. This is followed by Moon Knight and The Falcon And The Winter Soldier at 1.8million, WandaVision at 1.6million and Hawkeye with 1.5million.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Looks fun!

Also, @Agent Coulson, you're back from Tahiti! 😁

The low viewership was put down to being brought out on the same day and time as the business end of Obi-Wan Kenobi, which had a 3 week head start. Disney+ made adjustments and brought out She-Hulk on Thursdays instead of a Wednesdays so that the same wouldn't happen between She-Hulk and Andor. In my opinion Ms Marvel was one of the better Phase 4 projects, very Shang Chi in tone.

"in it's opening five days" is a pretty important qualifier there. Which makes sense as a new character few people knew anything about, and with other shows up against it in those opening couple of days too. But the reviews and word of mouth have been great, so I'd imagine by this stage it's picked up plenty of fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,802 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

People were critical of Ms. Marvel before it was even released. Some not liking the teen side of it, some not liking the change in powers and even some not liking it due to the race and culture portrayed.

I really enjoyed it and going by this trailer it seems Ms Marvel's upbeat personality is intact. I believe the word is adorkable?

Now if they manage to give Captain Marvel a personality she didn't have for the 5 seconds she appeared in the previous ensemble movies, they'll be doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Still looks like an eminently fun premise; let's hope they actually have some goofy, exciting set pieces using the idea of body swapping and it isn't just abandoned halfway in for generic hand lasers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 alexander113

Anyone liked Ms.Marvel? I don't have any expectations for this team[marvels]. There is some connection with Secret invasion, Right?

Haven't seen Secret Invasion yet, but I thoroughly enjoyed Ms. Marvel. One of the better shows for me, good coming-of-age superhero fun.

• Advertisement

It just looks so fun and fun is always a good thing.

Advertisement