Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

“AEW: All In- Sunday 27th Aug 23 Wembley Stadium London

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,715 ✭✭✭endainoz

Except it was done by an openly gay man who obviously would have cleared it with her first

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

• Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I was surprised they did it at the time. I've no doubt Julia was fine with it, she seems like she's very much willing to get stuck in and pay her dues as it were but they haven't really done the deliberate male on female physicality before. That I can think of anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,059 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

It was clearly never meant to be a wrestlemania though

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Also if it was anything like WM he and other people would still give out saying "oh typical AEW copying WWE blah blah blah"

• Registered Users Posts: 37,781 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Finally back home, an aviational **** up if ever there was one. Could of been worse and it happening Saturday or Sunday meaning fans could of missed the event

Have to say it was a great event and so fast paced. For what I saw of the pre show it was good. Joe vs Punk as an opener was probably the slowest match of the night but had its moments. The Trios match was magnificent (rather surprised with the result), seeing Omega and Hangman was worth half the ticket money. The Tag Titles match was also very good but felt having it on straight after the Omega match caused the crowd to be a little fatigued. The Stadium Stampede was glorious organised chaos, felt Moxleys pain high up in the stands. Orange Cassidys entrance was class. Can't say I was too into the Women's fatal 4 way but nice touch for Saraya to win it at 'home'. The coffin match was enjoyable with Sting getting a massive reaction as was expected. He clearly can still go and possibly more too the 'WWE not clearing him sanario'. That Fozzy entrance rocked, the match itself was good with Jericho been a lot better than expected. Osprey been the 'heel' went out the window quite fast. The Trios Title match was interesting and was great seeing everyone in the match. Billy Gunn is one of the greats and House of Black have one of the best 'looks/Imagitry' in Wrestling today. Nice to get a 'Scissor me' too

The main event delivered and really had the 'big match' feel. Was really expecting one of the 2 too turn but nope. Had a feeling Strong was going to side with a heel MJF. Good storytelling throughout the match

Even though they were gaps here and there it was really an enormous crowd and will go down in the ages. I thought Tony (he was quite hyper when he did appear) would of been the one to announce the attendance but a nice touch having Nigel McGuinness do it. Nice they mixed the commentary up during the night (didn't have a great view of the desk from where I was sitting). Didn't realise Tony Schiavone was there (missed the Miro contract signing or whatever it was)

Great having it back next year and I'll think strongly going over again. I wonder will it be largely the same setup. Maybe WWE will run Spurs Stadium or Twickenham to combat AEW in the London Market. Can you imagine WWE running Summerslam a mere few weeks before it

Pro Wrestling is in a great place esp for us the European/UK fanbase

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭rizzla

Didn't realise the pre show started so early the other day

Thought it was only going to be the 2 matches and not the other segments too

First prediction for All In 2024, Collision is also live from London on the Saturday.

• Advertisement

Post edited by Furious-Red on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Full replay of All In is listed on ITV4 tonight at 9pm

They should have Jack Perry change his music to and see the reaction from the crowd

Did anyone hear anything back from any Ryanair claims they applied for ?

Coming up to 2 weeks since filled out the forms and nothing back yet

I believe there is some other crowd you can do this claim with aside from Ryanair, who in fairness will make it as difficult and as drawn out as humanly possible, because as we all know they are a shower of pr1cks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Aer Lingus refunded us the original cancelled flight (we bought a new one cause we couldnt wait in london till the friday) hotel for the night and 2 meals each.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,853 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Same for me

that refunded paid for my hotel to so I was delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

the flight refund paid for your hotel? They are supposed to cover both

Considering how cheap the nosebleeds where I assume people bought them with some intention of going but maybe couldn't make it. It's slightly higher percentage than the no shows at other AEW shows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

People have also mentioned the rail strike, might made people skip it.

Got my old and new flight (- the cost of the cancelled flight) along with hotel and a Dublin Express ticket refunded

Didn't get my Stansted Express ticket refunded but I'll appeal that. Its still one of the services that don't use Oyster or Contactless

• Registered Users Posts: 60,295 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Freedom of information request today from to Brent City Council which Wembley is based say the attendance for All In was 85,528

I do wonder will they match or exceed those numbers next summer.. No doubt a few buyers (myself included) would of went over because it was the first ever show and at a massive scale but that element will be gone now along with rising costs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Yeah I'm not planning to go again next year at this stage. It was a great experience but a lot of hassle getting back into the city and then there wasn't much open either. Happy enough to watch online. Having said that I could easily change my mind closer to the time, I'm fickle like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Apologies, Yes, we’ve confirmed a revised figure for the turnstile entries of 72,265.

Sorry for any confusion.

https://wrestlenomics.com/2023/09/28/aew-all-in-attendance-confusion/

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

Was transport bad done to the strike you think? Or that many people as always going be transport issues? Transport issues would put be off too.

There were no strikes on the day of the event. Sure there were transport issues the day after for getting home but that could not have been predicted.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,295 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So total inside Wembely was 85,528.

Tony replying to Meltzer.

For whatever reason, AEW made the decision to announce paid attendance rather than total, which is unusual for pro wrestling historically.

And forced at gun point to attend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Only in Dave and Tony Khans world. As Wrestlenomics pointed out, Brent Council walked that back and confirmed 72,265. Even with whatever suites/workers in the arena it would not get anywhere near 85k.

Advertisement