Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

“AEW: All In- Sunday 27th Aug 23 Wembley Stadium London

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,916 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

flight cancelled for me

had to rush to get a hotel

• Registered Users Posts: 37,911 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Fun times

Waiting on news for the flight I'm on, Supposed to be gone at 3pm

At least the event was good

• Registered Users Posts: 60,367 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

We got dumped off the train 3 stops from Stansted. Ran for a taxi and three of us shared the only taxi at the train station rank and got to the airport thankfully . Hundreds left stranded at stops along the way with no help.

Flight appears to be ok so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

All flights out of Heathrow cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Left my mates hotel at 12.20 to get the 2am bus from Liverpool Street to Stansted, waited at one stop as 3 full night buses went by, went to a second stop and 2 more went by, so said fcuk it and started walking, about 3/4 of the way there found a terminus for a bus going there and actually got there for the 01.40 bus. Everything went smooth as silk after that.

London is a kip, always has been, always will be, move the west end to a city like Liverpool, Manchester or Glasgow that can actually handle multiple large scale events and nuke that shithole.

Flight delayed twice 6:30 then 7:30 and now back to normal starting to board keeping everything crossed.

If anybody has to be in work tomorrow, the old 80s favorite sail and rail will get you into Dublin for 6am, and ferries are better than planes anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭endainoz

Got back to Shannon, thank fcuk, we were very lucky going by the other cancellations.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Jaysus. Lucky for me I took the train to Paris this morning. Saw a few AEW shirts on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Our flight from Heathrow for 12 took off at 5 pm. Lots of ambiguity in regards to it though for that whole time. Currently en route back to Kilkenny now thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Stade de France for All In 2025 please Tony. Paris is a proper town.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭ThePott

Hope all you travellers get home safe eventually and enjoyed the show!

I managed to shift my ticket (took a big loss) cause I had an impromptu work meeting, sucked to miss the show, would have been crucified if I wasn't able to get back home though. At least there's always next year, gonna be interesting to see how next year goes ticket wise, think they'll need to put more an effort into building the card next time if they want to get near that number again personally but honestly didn't think they'd hit 81,000 either, serious accomplishment for a company that is still young. Wrestling is in good shaped these days.

Feel like screaming

Got a hotel for £70

Flights for tomorrow were so hard to get but got one for later tomorrow.

I think that they'll shift a large number of tickets to fans, but the fact that the show looked cool as fcuk and was just fun will encourage people's mates to grab a ticket, I think they'd do 65k + easy.

Maybe, hopefully it would be great. Having an annual 'Mania' event here so close would be amazing.

Some might have bought tickets because we don't get these events aroudn here often though and a card wasn't vital. I definitely won't be buying tickets as urgently as I did considering the price drops that happened, think it's a big enough stadium that getting tickets last minute is pretty viable.

Love how a Dinosaur tried to help put a joker crow in a casket

Lads stabbing each other, pure craziness of the match

The best Fozzy concert I ever saw

My view of the ring was great but not so much the entrance ramp. Was really only apparent at the start of the Hook vs Jack Perry match

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭rizzla

Managed to get the last flight to Dublin out of Heathrow. Was originally the 12 flight boarded around 4:30. Everything else got cancelled after ours. Absolute nightmare.

Just home thank fcuk!

A qick watch now to see if I was on camera for the BCC's entrance.

And Yes I am :)

Julia Hart's mom's reaction to Julia being Sissored.

• Advertisement

Taz and Nigel should be on commentary together more, Nigel's 'the what?!' to Taz's yambag comment had me dying.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,374 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I hope ye all get home

Was any celebs or sport stars in attendance in the audience?

I used to love London and lived there for a bit at one time.

I've been over there twice in the last year and it is progressively getting worse and yes it is turning into a right kip.

I don’t understand why Aer Lingus haven’t contacted me regarding new flights when you go to their website and book flights tomorrow back to Shannon

ffs

To those still in London hope you make it out and home today.

I see more flights are being cancelled and the chaos could/will last for days to come

I ended up booking my own aer Lingus flight home and therefor spending more money on flights but Thank god i'm home.... phew

Aer Lingus already refunding me for my cancellation.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭rizzla

Next year gonna find a place closer to Wembley. Stayed in Canary Wharf and it was a trek. When the DLR stopped ended up getting an Uber and was surprised that it wasn't too bad price wise.

I stayed in Premier Inn Wembley Park and the following day after All Out I went see how much were rooms in the same hotel for next year and they're already sold out lol

Stansted like the last days of Rome

Flight to Dublin on schedule, what happened was I got the cancellation notice yesterday at the gate and connections were horrendous. Booked a new flight costing me a far wack as i just couldn't get through to the 'change flight/refund'. Explained to customer chat today (as it was a mess trying to get out of Gatwick yesterday) and they basically told me 'you're mess up and you should of took the free flight option, sorry no refund'

I'm going to make a claim for my Hotel stay last night

Thank **** the event was amazing

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

If you watch that clip with the sound off and out of context it's got some serious rape vibes

Advertisement