Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.2all concept

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭mailforkev

This is the redesign, they tried a concept that looked a bit quirky, the ID Life, and potential customers no likey.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Would you consider the Renault 5 to be in the same category?

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Mr Q

Just so we know, what super exciting car are you driving?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,945 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Very interesting interview here with Kai Grünitz, a member of VW design board

We've finally got a few numbers worth sharing, I'm guessing a bunch were copied and pasted from the Cupra Raval

Motor 169kW (226hp) FWD, apparently a different motor to the AP550 that's now in the RWD ID cars

Acceleration 0-100km/h in under 7s

Battery sizes 38kWh and 56kWh, no mention of whether that's gross or net, but VW tend to quote the latter

WLTP Range 450km with the bigger battery, giving a consumption of 12.45kWh/100km

Charging 125kW peak DC, 11kW max AC (presumably 7kW max on single phase, same as every other ID car)

Obviously the €25k price tag will be for the smaller battery and probably slower charging and less powerful motor. Overall though it seems like an excellent offering

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭Miscreant

I will be shocked if they put a 226hp motor in the ID2, they barely do that for the current ID3 or ID4 unless you pay through the nose. More likely will be a "detuned" one so you can pay an extra few thousand for the full fat version.

The rest of the specs seem reasonable. In my eyes, the 450km mark is about right for an EV as it gives you a decent ability for long distances in Ireland and less need for public charging as a result.

It does look like a good overall package though but I will believe the €25k price tag when I see it. Every manufacturer has been banging on about this price point for years and none of them have managed it. Sure, the current Polo starts at €25650 for the base model and is only 3mm longer than the ID2All (in width and height, the Polo is actually smaller). Time will tell but I always take predicted prices with a pinch of salt until I see them on the forecourt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,945 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Yeah I suspect that the full 226hp will be reserved for a GTi variant later

The promised price is of course the price in Germany, we'll see how much it magically grows by once it arrives here

But, if they can get the base spec close to the promised €25k mark then I think it'll sell very well here. VW has a very loyal brand following here and I think the concept is a lot closer to the "typical" VW look than the ID.3

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Another look at the ID.2. I doubt the final car will be as flashy as this and unlikely €25k, but in terms of size it seems similar to Golf inside but in a Polo footprint. Possibly better as Thomas could sit behind himself, I can't even attempt that behind my driving position in the Golf.

Nice to keep the practicality for a baby seat or adults in the back without being another fat crossover.

Advertisement