Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2023 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

Sea temperatures for this Saturday. 12c off Malin and 15c off west of Donegal big range for one county. 16c getting close to the Kerry coast.

Fine spell continuing for the first week of June

By Meteorologists Rebecca Cantwell and Evelyn Cusack, Monday 29th May, 2023.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭OldRio

Another lovely day in Leitrim.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Loads of Jelly fish in around Fenit Harbour today, often a sign of warmer waters coming in, that's a good jump in temperatures for the weekend, was hoping to attempt a first swim this evening but the tide would have been well out, working late tomorrow but no excuse's for Weds 😀

Pic: Fenit this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Absolutely was brilliant weather and it's to last for at least the next 6 days

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭appledrop

We were down in Cork for the weekend weather was stunning, arrived back to Dublin yesterday evening and were surprised it was cooler with chilly breeze.

Another stunner today but definitely cooler here on east coast with that breeze.

It's all relatively of course, still absolutely fab and by the end of week I'll be complaining I don't have enough summer dresses to wear, until the rain returns and reminds me why my whole summer wardrobe isn't dresses.😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

It's really lovely waking up to glorious weather day after day.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Billcarson

Don't really trust prolonged good weather this time of Yr. Could mean this is our summer and much of summer will be shite,or getting worse as the weeks go by....... we will see.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Just enjoy the moment and stop worrying over something no one can control

• Registered Users Posts: 6,903 ✭✭✭pauldry

God the sun is lovely. It only got above 20c one day in Sligo before yesterday but every day on the forecast sees over 20c. Might get to 25c the next 2 days but then "only" 22c. Sea was 13.3c in Rosses Pt yesterday after 12.6c the day before. Very refreshing swims.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

a nice morning here in Meath and not as chilly as yesterday was, might be warm enough to sit out in the garden later.

• Advertisement

London 14c

Madrid 15c

Newport 21c!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,084 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A rather nice 22 degrees at Newport and Shannon at 1pm

Well Newport is called Furnace. I think they left the immersion on.

Locally warmest day of the year 22c. Poor old Malin at 13c

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Goldfinch8

A really beautiful late May day here in Co.Mayo. Loving these blue skies and certainly feeling very pleasant out there.

There was a lovely sun pillar on view in this part of the west yesterday evening. It made for a beautiful sunset (below).

Just turned 22c in Sligo too. We get 23c today n 24c tomorrow. Mt Dillon might break 25c tomorrow

3pm

Mount dillon and Shannon 24 degrees

Current temperatures

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

I see Shannon AP now reporting 25c.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Was in Cork today, felt a lot warmer than the 18C on the obs. Back in now and very warm although humidity low, welcome breeze keeping it very pleasant. Absoloute blue skies.

Post edited by Meteorite58 on

• Advertisement

From met Eireann

We have provisionally recorded the highest air temperature so far this year 📈

25.0°C was reported at our automatic station in Inagh, Co. Clare. 24.7°C was recorded at our manned station in Shannon Airport, Co. Clare. 

I was just about to the say the same thing, I see net weather have shannon as the hottest at 25c

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I could be wrong but I think Shannon at 25C means Ireland has made it first to get to 25C this year with the UK still waiting for it. They should reach 25C tomorrow in Scotland maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,530 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Highest temperatures 🌡 today ,although I can't wait for met eirrean to realise there's

Castlederg 24.5c after an overnight low of 3c.

Illies overnight low of 1.7c

Glenveagh overnight low of 2.3c

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

That's Cork airport for you Meteorite, at 168m asl. I see Moore Park in Fermoy was 23c. You can usually split the difference between those two in the summer to get Cork city's temperature in my experience (I.e. 21 or so today. My weather station got to 21.7c in Douglas area).

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭US3

Media making out this is an extreme event is really getting on my nerves.

Yeah certainly around 20C where I was, even with shorts and sandals felt warm.

Saw afterwards I was lucky to pass through the Dunkettle interchange before an accident that held up the traffic for ages, was travelling in an older car with broken air conditioning, wouldent have liked being baked in the car sitting on the motorway!

• Advertisement

Over 22c on Sligo today but breezier at the beach than yesterday. NE a cooler direction than yesterday's E. Town was still roasting when returned.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement