Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2023 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,926 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

if you start at sea level it's about 4km to the pub, it's not actually that bad, I don't go fast at all, well not going up, I haven't cycled it in ages but found cycling way more intense. I only took up jogging during lockdown and am not some lithe running type build so if I can do it anyone can.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Carol25

Gorgeous day in Co. Clare, Fanore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Finally nice and sunny here in carrick first proper day of it since last week 20c

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭compsys

I'd imagine those highs are for literally being right on the coast. Even a few hundred metres inland and the temp will be a lot warmer.

But it'll all depend on the sea breeze. A tiny change in the position of the High or the direction of the wind over the coming days and you could see temps in the west of Dublin up to 22º next week (and 19 or 20º by the coast).

I've been really happy with the sun today and yesterday here in Dun Laoghaire. I was afraid it would be much cloudier. Bit it's been wall to wall sunshine almost.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,084 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Great photos. Great to see people enjoying the weather. Mind you i hear parts of Leitrim and Clonmel are still dull and miserable lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭acequion

The past two days have been really lovely here in Tralee.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

High of 20.6C here near Tralee today. What a beautiful day. Felt like I was on holidays. Some very decent temperatures on the ECM 12Z for next week, bit of a dip tomorrow but picking up to over 20C on Mon, showing places getting up to between 23C- 24C Tues to Fri.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Neddyusa

Most likely brown because there were a lot of late-sown spring crops there, as a result of the very wet spring.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

Another cloudy day today. Should see some sun tomorrow. Cold tonight for the time of year lows of 4c in the North, 8c to 12c in the South. Weather forecast tonight said highs could reach mid 20s locally at times in the west during this spell.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

My closest station got the highest and have to say it was very pleasant

• Registered Users Posts: 5,937 ✭✭✭OldRio

The first proper day of sunshine yesterday. Beautiful weather. Let's hope it continues.

Leitrim

• Registered Users Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

I got a real shock when I went outside this morning, cold wind and at only 11c not much difference from a winters morning give or take a few degrees.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

from today till the middle of the working week was expected to be a good bit cooler than the warmth of yesterday. The easterly breezes over the next few days will certainly be noticeable across the eastern half of the country as it won't feel that warm, but should still be pleasant away from the coast if sunshine allows.

Brighter earlier but clouded over now here near Tralee, signs that the sun might break through ( maybe being a bit optimistic 😀 ). Just 14.2C atm, was in the high teens this time yesterday, ah well will make the days coming all the nicer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,744 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

What a weekend! Great to have a dry sunny spell like this at the start of the summer. ☀️

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Indeed what a weekend, overcast morning here in Kerry turned to sunny breaks and since late afternoon to nearly fully blue skies. Got up to a decent 18.2C and currently 16.7C. Beautiful evening.

Seen this And that's like 3 times since November there has been tornadoes 🌪 in wexford all minor but still crazy 🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

Cold overnight illies in Donegal recorded 0.7c at 4.30. Straide Mayo 1.0c at 3.30 and Castlederg 1c at 6am.

• Advertisement

Beautiful day in Kerry, 20C approx.

Pic: Tralee Bay.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Lovely day in Greystones, but edge taken off with the sea breeze. 14.1c atm.

By the way, for those calling for the re-opening of the summer discussion thread, it will re-open for summer!!! This is just summer weather in spring!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Beautiful day yesterday. Breezy in morning. Very warm in back garden sun trap by afternoon.

Another beautiful day today. Could see for miles on Hill of Tara at 7am.

Great tweet from BBC Weather, a lot of sundogs, 22⁰ arcs, haloes etc seen in the UK yesterday.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

another nice day today but that breeze is rather chilly, but once in a sheltered area it feels pleasant enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Yes, I did notice an unusually heavy dew (for time of year) at 7am this morning, cars, roofs dripping wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Yes bright blue skies and clear views from Hill of Tara at 7am but wet runners from the dew on the grass and buttercups.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Fierce quiet around here, ye should head west lads.

Was lovely and warm today I'd say 23c that sun though is strong

• Advertisement

A really great day here in Kerry. Got up to 21.9C at my site and currently 18.8C with all the windows open. Dinner in the garden tonight after 40 mins in the hammock after work..... ah could get very used to this 😀.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement