Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2023 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭appledrop

Not a great start, chilly and very foggy here in NCD.

Surprised only got to 15 degrees at DA yesterday, it felt warmer than that as sun was strong.

Oh most of mine still are, but I have a few down that are long and you could wear in this weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Sat24 showing Meath under cloud compared to images I have of clear skies in the West and Wicklow lol

Calm and still. Not a laundry day yet? 😆

13⁰ Meath

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

17.8 here near Tralee , was 18.2C a bit earlier in a good blast of sunshine.

very calm, milky blue skies with bright sunshine, a few clouds about and the high cloud from the approaching front making its way inland. Fog very evident along the East coast on Satellite.

Bar 1025.3hPa Falling slowly

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Robwindstorm

Hold on kutebride, she's starting to clear Meath soon 😎

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

very disappointing here in Meath, slate grey cloud, hopefully it will clear soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,249 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Absolutely glorious in Cork City - think it’s supposed to cloud up in the afternoon but I’ll take this for now!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,192 ✭✭✭highdef

Reasonable afternoon in Meath. Feeling very pleasant in the mid May sunshine. The almost flat calm wind really helping with the feeling of warmth.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭OldRio

I take it those temperatures don't take into account the wind chill? Instead of our normal westerlies, we've experienced northerly and easterly winds. Very cooling for certain parts.

The temperatures (raw data) don't tell the full story.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Certainly not like that in south-east Meath, blanket of cloud here but hopefully the sun will poke through soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,192 ✭✭✭highdef

I'm only about 15km from you as the crow flies and the sun began to poke just after 11:00!

Sun finally poking through now, better late than never!

Oh god the heat in that sun when it comes out from the clouds, stunning.

A barbecue tonight so if the burgers are not all sold out when I go to buy them😁

• Registered Users Posts: 18,139 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

21°c Shannon Airport at 2:30pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,345 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

No BBQ's in Loughlinstown, stupid onshore wind keeping it cloudy.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Kutebride

18⁰ Meath. Sunshine came out around 2pm. So calm helps making it warm.

I burn easily so parasol it is but how lovely to be sitting out today and using the garden.

Shame forecast not same tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,845 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Another class day in Galway and great that it's on a weekend.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Sea fog in Greystones waxing and waning all day. Misty sunny spells now and again. 11.8c atm. High of 12.0c.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Lovely day in Cork, been a very decent week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,803 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

It sure is. Got the lawn cut, now I'm chilling in the back garden wearing pink shorts and drinking cider.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Great day in Rathdrum, Wicklow today. Blue skies more or less all day bit of patchy cloud but that was it. Massive amount of work done in the garden today and few beers outside now with the last of the sun. More like this please!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,530 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Thought this might be of interest to some, showing the first date a temperature threshold was achieved in Ireland - NA means that value was not achieved that year and no averages are given for 29/30C because more years of it not occurring than times that do.

Post edited by sryanbruen on

The drizzle has started but still managed a walk and at least its not that cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Feck all rain in that front. Dry and bright behind it here in Castlebar with sunny spells. Nice afternoon ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

Beautiful day yesterday and Friday evening wasn’t bad at all after the shitshow that was Thursday. Back to normal today with the grey slate 14 degrees but yesterday gave a taster of what it could be like.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A bright fresh afternoon with good sunshine. Clew Bay looking towards Croagh Patrick

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Just 3mm overnight here near Tralee, beautiful bright fresh day, not for sunbathing but great for pottering around in the garden.

Unfortunately it's quite raining here in Dublin, on and off since morning, dontvmind after a day spent outdoors yesterday it's time to get the house in shape!

I'm even going to pack away the heavier jumpers now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭compsys

Well equally you could stop talking down the weather and also get realistic.

It's May. We can't be expecting 25 or 30º; mind you we got that last summer...

Spring has been mild by Irish standards. That's not up for debate. You can't debate actual facts.

The problem is too many people on here judge the weather by Mediterranean standards.

I'm waiting for the usual complaints that it's warmer in England than Ireland...

Having said that, you're in Kerry I think (one of the worst places in the country, indeed all of Europe, for rain). I'm in greater Dublin where well over 1/3 of the population lives. Things are a lot different here I guess...

You could always move here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,929 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Yeah I do find it funny that we have regular posters in Donegal and Kerry that complain about the desperate weather in Ireland in summer. I mean you're in what must be the worst places in Europe for summer (or lack of) weather.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement