Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College-ND v Navy Ireland

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 15,011 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

• Registered Users Posts: 9,967 ✭✭✭cena

Well there is nothing I can do to help you with that.

ND 28 -0 at HT.

As expected a blowout (ND started as a 20pt favorite)

What's it like there, what's the crowd like?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,806 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Joe Montana just walked by me, not often gobsmacked tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 9,967 ✭✭✭cena

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Risoc

He didn’t say you asked him! Make sure ye keep thrashing this one out between ye anyway.

Good atmosphere and surrounding entertainment last night. I genuinely thought one of those planes was too low and would hit the roof of the Aviva.

Game was disappointing and it is much better to have a competitive game between two teams that don’t have NDs star power. Navy receivers wasted a few good passes, including two fellas in Q1that ran into eachother instead of one of em just getting out of the way.

Sam Hartman throwing well for ND but hard to judge what he’s up against. Mad to watch Joe Alt comfortably win every single wrestling match all game long.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,905 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

If you have sky sports mix on your tv package I see Notre Dame v Tennessee listed for next Saturday night.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

To be pedantic about it, it is Tennessee State they are playing next week, rather than Tennessee.

If anyone wants to know the difference just look at their stadiums

Tennessee State

Tennessee

• Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Well, I for one enjoyed that day out!

Ota important to differentiate between the game and the occasion I think. The occasion was undoubtedly a success, nice mix of overseas visitors and a sprinkling of natives where I was sitting anyway, including a few families. Very interesting to watch all the palaver and ceremony that goes on away from the actual game, my son observed that he didn't know how they had time to play the game. We were in early and was interesting to just observe the whole thing, the warm up, the size of the players and the size of the squads, the actual footspeed of these big lads is hard to appreciate on the tv, the whole Bullsh1t that we would laugh at but is ingrained in the us culture now like the flyover, and the stand up if you're a veteran 🙄 - just very interesting to observe it all. The Marching Bands display at halftime was class, and as for those Osprey yokes on the flyover... Fvxk me talk about noise! And Joe Montana!

The game was a blowout as described, Navy were shocking bad, didn't throw a ball until well into the 3rd quarter, and hard to know from a season POV where Notre Dame are. However, Hartmann looked very calm and experienced albeit not under any pressure, and likewise #7 Istme? looked very strong, but they were up against nothing.

Overall, a good day out, but for me to consider going again I'd want a more competitive game. One quibble (small) the PA system was sh1te, behind the goal where we were you couldn't hear what anyone was saying, but that's a small quibble.

Overall, a good day out, but for me to consider going again I'd want a more competitive game.

Next year is Florida State v Georgia Tech

One would hope it's a more competitive game, but Florida State are coming good again after a good few years of mediocrity, GT may be well overmatched by the time it comes around.

It's an ACC conference game, which should give it an extra edge, like the Northwestern v Nebraska game last year which was a Big 10 conference game.

Hopefully tickets will be reasonable seeing as the Notre Dame myth won't be part of it.

And I don't think the presence of a All Ireland minor winning footballer on the GT roster will push up the ticket prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

Dame Street was fantastic in how well it was set up, and perhaps something that should be looked at for other events and other parts of Dublin.

Improvements could be made, but really added to the day I thought.

Pity the game was always going to be so one sided. Pricing needs to be looked at if the Americans aren't going to have a massive crowd travelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭coffey87

Any idea when tickets for the 2024 game will be on sale? I checked ticketmaster and VIP tickets are available currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭kksaints

Enjoyable occasion even if the actual football itself was very one sided. Atmosphere wise It's completely different to other sporting events that I've attended. I assume because Navy was playing that the Military factor was played up more then last year. Looking forward to next year's game which hopefully will be more competitive and cheaper tickets.

Last year it was around April or May before they went on sale, like that it was only packages available before that.

So I'd say spring 2024.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭fabvinny

Great nights entertainment! just a pity the game was so one sided. N.D sure know how to put on a show!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Wisconsin vs Pitt confirmed for 2027.

What's the story then with 25 and 26?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Was thinking the same thing. Why reveal 27’s line up when they haven’t announced 25 or 26. They must be taking a hiatus from Ireland.

NFL game incoming 2025?

Yea, I wondered that.

It was loosely hinted at a while back when that marketing tie in was announced with the Steelers, but I had guessed or taken that it was more geared to Croke Park, was there a press conference there at the time?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Press conference at croke park and a watch party only there last Sunday.

I imagine as it’s an overlapping market they might need to give it a break to fill croker in 25.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Peter File

A 2024 college presale is going to take place on Thursday 30/11 as per ticketmaster.

The 24 game needs a thread