Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College-ND v Navy Ireland

Options

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 6 STANGUILFOYLE

Hello, just checking if these are still for sale? Looking for 2, let me know when you can. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Yeah Right

Cheapest tickets left are €150 and tat's upper tier, 5 rows from the back.

Next cheapest are €225 and they're in the very corners. Looks like there's loads left, but can't see people paying that kinda money for them. Do they come down in price at all closer to kick off?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

There's a few selling on toutless may take what they can get at this stage, I agree they were priced way too high this year, for that reason I'm going to sit this one out.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,905 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

College green is being turned into a tailgate zone for the game if ye want to soak up atmosphere. Then either go onto game or watch in a bar.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

Going into this tomorrow with my 12 year old son. What time should we aim to get in for? I know ko is 19.30, but is it worth getting there an hour early? Will there be plenty of worthwhile pre-game stuff going on?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Aim to be in for 7pm the bands and player’s introductions will be epic for ND.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Yeah Right

Loads. There's a huge party in town, around the TCD area (what the dopes in DCC call the Merrion Quarter). They're renaming Dame street to Notre Dame street etc. There's also a huge stage being erected in Merrion Square park, so expect there's gonna be something big on there too. Probably the best spot to chill out before heading to Lansdowne Road, you can grab a pint in the Gingerman or McGrattans and head over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,386 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Half an hour before kick-off (or throw-in or whatever they call it in American football) doesn't seem like very long, no?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I've never known an American football game to start on time so I think in your seats at 7 would be fine.

Just wondering if the ticket prices this year are trying to claw back their losses on the bar last year when all the food and drink was given out for free?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,011 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Went with my 13 year old last year to the Northwestern v Nebraska game.

Went in about an hour and a half before kickoff

Really enjoyed watching the warmups and everything before hand.

Now the kid is interested in the game so he was really enjoying watching the warmups and the drills, if you don't know that much about it it might become tedious.

We were coming from the south side so had no great interest in going into town and to see what was going on there and come out again so we went in early.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

They got the money they lost on free beer and food through the credit card machine provider.

The tickets are more expensive this year purely based on ND demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭markc1184

Apologies if already answered but is the game being shown on any Sky channels or is it just the likes of NBC etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

BT? Or whabdo they call it now, TNT?

Tgey have always covered the College games, and it's the only game on at that time.

Well its probably 3 times the price it was the last time ND played here, given the amount of tickets still available they probably over estimated the demand.

11 Years ago I got really good tickets for €77 (€92 adjusted for inflation), this year same tickets would cost €250

• Registered Users Posts: 27,905 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

It is on channel Sky Sports Action, but not sure what packages include that.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

College football will not be shown on TNT this year unfortunately.

However, as a poster above said, this particular game (and all of Notre Dame’s other home games) will be on Sky Sports Action (which will become Sky Sports NFL shortly before the season starts).

You need a Sky Sports sub for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Are Sky showing the CFB on a Saturday so, or just this game? Disappointed with that tbh, was a good alternative of a Saturday afternoon especially when there was nothing else to clash with it, especially the Soccer, on the British channels.

Think Sky have the rights to the ND home games that are on NBC in the US, TNT should still have access to the ESPN games. It was the same last year I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,011 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

TNT should still have access to the ESPN games. It was the same last year I think

No college football on TNT this year, @icdg said that a few posts ago and in another thread a few weeks ago.

Which is a balls because it was great Saturday evening entertainment.

Seven or so ND games a season on Sky as the only college football on TV is sending this poster closer to dodgy box territory.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

They’ve dropped the entire ESPN connection I’m afraid, not just college football, but college basketball, lacrosse, athletics, as well as shows like Pardon the Interuption, Sportscentre and ESPNFC. All gone overnight as of 1st August. Double whammy because the ESPN Player also closed around the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

Thanks all, suspected there might be a bit of a show worth getting in early for. No beer for me and I'll be minding the other kids until 5ish, so will have to skip the notre dame Street (like that one actually).

As a matter of interest, what time do we think it'll wrap up at?

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭ssshhh123

1x ticket blk 517 row q.

86e ono

Don't change jobs the week of the big game.

I reckon it’ll wrap up between 10.30 and 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭ssshhh123

Any takers?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

Where would be best to head around town?

Dame Street area?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭SaoPaulo41

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭plhealy2000

Have 4 tickets (2 lots of 2) available if any interest.

Will sell at cost so 2 are 85 and 2 and 105.

Pm me if interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,967 ✭✭✭cena

Is the game going to be on tv?

Advertisement