Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Georgia Tech v Florida State Dublin 2024.

Options
  • 15-03-2023 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,011 ✭✭✭✭

Week 0 game between Georgia Tech and Florida State will be August 24th in Dublin.

Can't wait.

A proper conference matchup like we had in 2022 with Northwestern v Nebraska.

None of this ND v Navy rubbish which is more a like a challenge match in the GAA than a college football game.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Peter File

Presale starts on 30/11 at 9am. Thanks to Fr. Tod for launching thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭CWMMC

Thanks for the update Fr Tod.

It was listed on ticketmaster earlier today as starting on Thursday but they have removed the text.

I would expect emails to be sent to purchasers of previous years tickets.

Oh okay it looks to me as it is sold out when I look at it on ticketmaster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 d7johnny

Afternoon everyone.

I’ve purchased tickets in previous years but never get the presale emails (and had signed up on the AL College Classic site previously). Have stumbled across this thread having spotted the Thu 0900 presale message on the Ticketmaster site - hopefully this is something that doesn’t require a code. But if anyone is aware of one, I’d gratefully receive one in my inbox ;) Fingers crossed something positive anyhow.

Johnny.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

The coded presale is for American Football Ireland clubs/players/coaches/refs etc. No email gone out to previous purchasers yet.

Tickets will go on general sale on March 14 as per email sent by them today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Corporate event only premium tickets 750 plus vat, but includes a few beers and some rubber chicken...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,011 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Georgia Tech on TV right now (Sky) in the Gasprilla Bowl v UCF.

In case anyone is interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Risoc

Game announced for 2027 Pitt Panthers v Wisconsin Badgers.

Does this mean no game in 2025 or 2026?

I'd be very surprised.

I know The Steelers were in town a few months back talking about it, but there are plenty of more places that the NFL could be picking for an international game with bigger markets.

Amsterdam, Paris, Madrid, Barcelona, Milan, Rome spring to mind straight away, and that's just Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭csirl

I dont think NFL games have any impact on the scheduling of the college games. Different stadium, different market (college = US visitors, NFL = domestic/european), different time (Aug/Nov), different organisers etc etc.

There's also no.coordination between the two organisers - they're actually rivals.

NFL will schedule their games when it best suits them - even if there is a college game the same year. 25 is a little optimistiic, I think it will be 26 or 27.

On the upside, you may get to see both NFL and college played in the same years!

While they are not going to work together, the truth of it is we're a small market, will we really sell Croke Park plus Lansdowne for 2 games? Maybe, but it'll be a gamble.

The domestic market isnt important for the college games - the financial model is based on bringing in 20-30k visiting US fans. They work financially even with no Irish fans.

NFL will be 100% domestic/European focused. Their aim is to expand the European fanbase, so US fans will be discouraged.

Both are viable as there isnt much overlap.

I think the gap in the college games is more to do with management/rights ownership changes - re-evaluating the organisation, tweeking the behind the scences financial model etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bop1977

Presale email went out this evening. Past purchasers get access to tickets on 12/03 @ 12:00. General release 14/03.

Any word on prices, compared to last year for instance?

I wonder would they be cheaper because it's not ND.

Two years ago the Northwestern v Nebraska tickets were very reasonable I thought, something like €60 I think I paid for upper tier, which seems a lot cheaper than the ND tickets in 2023

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

I had 513, Upper Tier behind the endzone, for ND Navy at €80 a pop last year. In the Irish league presale for this year I got section 515 and they were still €80 a go. Can't think what the other sections on offer were, but Upper Endzone are the same price.

I see the pre-sale open later today. Anyone got links? Anyone see any info on the pricing on it?

Got mine just now.

They are as low as 50 for back row of upper levels.

I got near front of upper levels for 80.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,806 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Got 2 of the €60 ones. Just need to keep searching because they try push the €80 ones on you

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Innish_Rebel

I ended up taking some €80 tickets as well.

Funnily I did my first search with best available checked by accident!!! holy shi*t I would not be spending €250-325 per ticket...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,806 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Deadwards.com

Went a little higher price at €100 and got block 114 row D - Nice and close to pitch side for the action

• Registered Users Posts: 9,967 ✭✭✭cena

How good are the views for the 80 upper tickets?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,967 ✭✭✭cena

Just picked up a 60 euro ticket

Advertisement