Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Paramedic 2023

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 adhdave88

Hey ZeroMac, as far as I know, if you have 2 years of experience working in a healthcare setting such as an RGN you can apply as a student paramedic with NAS you would then have to complete the 3-year training to be a full paramedic and 2-additional years on the road in order to be eligible to become an AP. Keep an eye on publicjobs.ie as this is where you will find advertisements for student paramedic recruitment when they are putting together the next panel

• Registered Users Posts: 15 zeroMac

Thank you for your reply! For the 3 year training program, is it a full time schedule? How hectic is the schedule while on the training? I just want to manage my expectations as bills need to be paid. Thinking of continuing to work as a bank nurse while on training if it's possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 adhdave88

It is full time but you are given a temporary contract by the HSE who pay any fees related to the training and pay a salary during your time on the course. Year 1 is a combination of class study in one of the NAS training colleges and placement in ambulance/ED. Year 2 is mainly placement on an ambulance with some courses done online via UCC or on the Cork Campus. After year 2 you become a full paramedic with PHECC and will do additional modules with UCC to receive your degree

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kayeff

Is anyone else still waiting on a contract for Tullamore for January 2024?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ImNuggz

ive been tryna get accommodation in ballinasloe for weeks now but no luck, ive emailed and called people that have places for rent but they are all telling me that they arnt gonna hold a room for me, even with me willing to pay the deposit and rent for december, even tho i wont be up till january. Ive just been told to ontact them again in january cause they arnt gonna do anything for me now. Even just to schedule a viewing has been impossible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 zeroMac

Thank you for all the information, this is very helpful!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 name2023

Did any of the cork crowd get places on the other colleges?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 user1233

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Amage

I did. From the initial email sent informing us Cork wasn’t happening there were 20 places spread across the other three colleges available.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ImNuggz

To anybody at the court hotel for the week, I’ve book in to a room for myself but there is 3 beds in the room so I have 2 available if anyone wants to split the price and stay the few days 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Iceomatrix

Anyone know if the September class is going ahead with the recruitment embargo ongoing?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 RoisinMur

@Iceomatrix - The embargo doesn't include paramedics so no reason that the classes won't continue to go ahead :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 medmark

Hi @RoisinMur I have been told I am still active on the panel and I am waiting to see when the EOI’s will go out. Do you know if that has happened yet or when it is likely too? I know they went out in Feb 2023.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 RoisinMur

Hey @medmark absolutely no idea sorry I am in the same boat as you, active on the panel awaiting an EOI. I did hear a rumour that the embargo might now be spreading out to paramedics and ICOs but not sure how true it is or if it will affect those of us already on the panel 🤔 Be great if they could just give us an update!

Advertisement