Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Paramedic 2023

Options
  • 05-02-2023 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Looking for any information on a course outline/schedule for year one as a student paramedic?

do we need to relocate for the first year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 mdawgz

I got a recommendation to proceed today for cork, anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 OnzyHD

Yes I also got Cork. Spoke to course director and as it’s new this year details are being ironed out but they will have accommodation recommendations closer to the time.

have you gotten the pre employment email yet?

I just got the email today requesting my documents

• Registered Users Posts: 25 minilad

Can anymore shed more light on the verification of service document? Is that just for public service/hse employees or everyone?

Thanks.

I emailed to ask and it is only for public service workers.

• Advertisement

NDLS are saying it could be up to 15 days until I get my driver statement, what are you meant to do if they take longer than the deadline?

Legend thank you! Was panicking a bit there trying to figure it out 😂

2 days is a bit unrealistic to get all the documents in, I'd presume they're more interested in getting the garda vetting process started and references etc should be ok to send ndls letter once we get it

What college are you for?

Ballinasloe, you?

• Advertisement

Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 14 RE96olol

Did anyone get any confirmation email after sending in documents?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Daisys99

Hi all,

Just jumping in as this seams to be the most recent thread.

As of today Is anyone else going through the most recent campaign offically at eligibility sift phase? There seams to be little to no chats from anyone from new campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 paddy46

Hi, I’m filling out Garda vetting form at the moment. Threads have been very quiet

Currently hounding my references to fill out the forms 😂

Is anyone feeling like we could get an earlier call up than September? Are pre employment checks usually done this far in advance

@minilad what forms is that?

Im not sure.. The start date was only amended to 11/09 on Tuesday, I think it will take a lot of time. Isn't there some kind of a health/fitness test to do also?

Do ye mind me asking when did ye sit interviews , and when were ye placed on panel ?

im trying to join dots and piece together timelines. for a rough idea on how much of a panel is currently left.

Thanks

The forms we had to send our references to fill out and send on.

There's no fitness test, just a medical exam and you have to do a step test if your bmi is over a certain number

I sat interview in November, and panel went live at the end of November

• Advertisement

@Daisys99 Interview was 24/10/22 Panel started in November. Expression of interest sent out on 01/02/2023. Recommendation to proceed was 28/02

@minilad I didn’t get any letter to give references to send on. I got a contact details form and rang my references to get their email address and phone number?

Post edited by paddy46 on

@minilad nevermind.. I just got the form…

• Registered Users Posts: 4 SpydS

Tullamore start date changed again? No longer 9/11?

The new panel is going live May 3rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Shinebright33

Yea I am on the new panel too , do u know how many students are took is it 30 per college , am I right there is 4 colleges , I do hear silgo is going to be doing it too

waa just wondering if there is many left on previous panel too try and work out when maybe I would get in to a college

I don’t know how many is left on the panel but the next start date should be in January I think

I reckon wont have long to wait for EOI'S.

They went out in Feb for a Sept class. So if the process takes that long, EOI'S for January will be very shortly.

Would be great to know what panel they will be pulled from.

EOI's are out

• Advertisement

Hey can I ask did how long we’re use on the panel before u were offered a college space ? I am just on the new panel

Advertisement