Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Cricket 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭InsideEdge

Looking at the way the ball stopped swinging after about 15 overs of the first innings I'd say we would have been slight favourites. Very impressed with Graham Hume, thought he bowled really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭wicorthered

Nice dry day in Dublin, raining in Chelmsford.

I wonder will anyone be held accountable for the ludicrous decision to give up home advantage.

More penny pinching backfiring on an inept organisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,680 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Will they get a full 50 today? Good to see Tector going well again and building a good stand with Balbirnie. Let's hope they can keep it going as long as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

It's a 45 over games.

Tector is something else, playing all the shots today.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,527 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Harry tector what a guy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,527 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Quite the performance from Tector and Dockrell tbf. Tector with a record 10 sixes for an Irish batter in an ODI

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Very good score unlucky in the first ODI, hopefully shut down Bangladesh frome here, required ratenis around 7.5, Tector is in some form, brilliant in Sri Lanka, nearly saving the 2nd test, and 140 today at a rapid rate, has all the shots

And I called him a harmless blocker about 2 years ago, when he was batting like Gary Wilson

Tector must feel like throttling his bowlers.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Could really do with a few wickets, Bangla setting themselves up well

• Advertisement

221/3 now, need only 99 more

There's 2 wickets now, but is it too late, 63 needed in 49

Going to be tight, but you'd bet on Bangladesh getting this - run a ball.

Our death bowling better improve quickly!

Need to get Mushfiqr out ASAP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭Gillespy

Bloody hell. Brilliant game of cricket, had it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Lionel Fusco

Oh that's hard to take couple of very marginal calls went Bangladesh's way very hard on Ireland

Simply the bowlers aren't good enough. Decent hardworking lads, who give their all, but they haven't the skills. Adair gives his all and had passion but lacks the nous to put a lid on run rates. Hume is your typical dibbly dobbly Irish medium pacer, decent when it's a green seamer, but Cannon fodder on tracks like today. Little for all the potential hasn't in my memory actually fired Ireland to many wins. If anything he rarely goes for less than 6.

The batting particularly Tector have the ability if not consistency to compete with top teams, but the bowling constantly let's them down. Today is very similar to NZ last year. Im honesty did many think we'd defend that total?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,934 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I agree, we are a number of bowlers short.

the 43rd highest successful international ODI chase of all time…our bowlers were hit for 39 boundaries.

not being able to defend a target of 320 from 45 overs… piss poor. We need to be closing those victory opportunities vs the likes of Bangladesh…

if it was against England, NZ, South Africa, The West Indies…you’d feel disappointed but to really suffer this against Bangladesh is so gutting.

It seems to me that we've come out the wrong side of any tighter matches in recent times.

Bowled 15 overs.. conceded 14 wides

Bangladesh 95/2... looking at chasing 320 plus again I'd imagine unless we start taking wickets..

• Advertisement

Thank God Josh Little got back for these games.......

The bowling will always struggle to limit scores when Campher is treated as a front line bowler.

McBrine gets Das with what was not a very good delivery in truth. A mistimed attempt at a pull shot and Adair with the simple catch. Ireland needs to follow that up….

Dockrell picks up Hridoy… a good delivery but he got a little help from the pitch you’d have to say… that kept about a foot lower than it ought to have from where it pitched. I’d disagree with O’Brien on commentary that kept a foot lower.

26 extras from 50 overs 🧐

Still we bowl out Bangladesh, good job.

275 the target…

5.61 the RRR…

Post edited by Strumms on

Balbirnie plays it well but finds the fielder at forward square leg. Falling to their fastest bowler, first ball of a new spell doesn’t look good but I think he was a bit unlucky.

Might be no bad thing as it brings Tector out. Ireland well placed still

115 off 100 required.

Ireland have had a difficult period where runs have been hard to come by but just starting to motor again. Still a few too many dot balls..

a bit silly with 7 wickets in hand….need to keep the pressure on.

two substantial overs 8/9 an over would be welcome..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭VillaMad

As bad an umpiring decision as I've ever seen there with Tucker middling the ball on to his own pad and getting given out lbw.

Fortunately the review available saves him.

Ireland getting a bit stuck with Bangladesh bowling very tightly.

Thank God for DRS. Awful decision against Tucker overturned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭VillaMad

Ha! Bowled off a free hit and the ball deflects for a boundary! You don't see that every day.

Big over this from Ireland.

21 runs off that over for Ireland… back in the driving seat come on…!

as I type only a single off the following over… frustrating.

• Advertisement

Tector with a bit of a rush of blood to the head. 50 needed off 50…. He could just have hit that for a couple no bother… still should be a formality with the deep batting lineup but still, frustrating how we more or less always have to do it the hard way.

now Campher gone playing a similarly careless shot… game management nouse not there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement