Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I write to the department of justice about this situation?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Sugar_Rush

Would you be shocked if I said one of my former opponents is a current UFC champion?

And what you're referring to is event promotion, not random "hey check me out I'm a bad ass!!".

In physics we trust....

i don’t suspect anyone would by shocked regardless of what you say. Reading the majority of it just had me feeling like that guy from Beyond Belief.

There’s almost nothing in these stories that’s true imo and you’re definitely just attention seeking or something at this stage.

“Entirely made up”

• Registered Users Posts: 9,537 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Nothing you say on boards.ie will shock me Sugar_Rush.

Post edited by John_Rambo on

If he is real, maybe he just doesn't like you and thinks you're a narcissist who is up his own hole?

The justice department can't do anything or put him under house arrest on your say. The guy has rights too and if the gardai take action against him they will have to prove their case same as they would with you. To get a house arrest order they would have to go by the law which applies to it.

I don't know why you would care about going over a gardas head

You are entitled to write to the superintendent but the law applies to him too.

There are laws around searching someone. Respectfully, you should read up some law because you seem to think the justice department can create laws to suit your situation

If he does anything report it every time. If he persists he might get into harassment

• Advertisement

What do you mean regarding Conor McGregor? If he put what on twitter?

I think what they’re saying is if he tweeted that the garda aren’t doing what the OP wants cos he’s being a crybaby they’ll do what he wants cos Conor did a tweet.

basically the Gardai will change their policies and procedures in the blink of an eye cos he tweeted?

seems unlikely.

Ok I see now.

He seems to think they can pull laws out of the air for him.

A Conor tweet won't change laws.

If you fought at that level you should be easily able to restrain him without hurting him seriously. You should have been able to side step when he bumped into you.

You are allowed use reasonable force. Learn some knife defences and add some holds training if that is not part of your current training

You're missing the point.

This guy is a dipsh*t, he's nothing, a nobody. Of course I could restrain him.

I DID side step him, and he still knocked into me, cause I wasn't going to side step him too wide, just enough to say, "I'm attempting to de-escalate, but I'm not letting you walk through me" - so if a law enforcement official saw it, they'd clearly see he was an unreasonable aggressor, but at the same time they wouldn't have to say to me, "you need to stand up for yourself more".

i.e. it needs to unquestionably demonstrate his wrong doing and unacceptable anti-social attitude.

This is not a physical battle, it's a battle of a sneaky little crawler, attempting to tear down someone he evidently hates - or resents the hell out of - even if it means a little self-compromise in his mind, like maybe taking a box to the chin? To him that will be worth it.

In other words, it's a battle against the justice system in many respects, in so far as the degree to which I can put my hands on him, without being legally culpable.

And that's what I was saying, he's sneaky AF. He hasn't maintained his "bad boy" alter ego all his life successfully, without being challenged on it or its fakeness being exposed, for no reason.

I have all what you mention to hand, wrestling, boxing, joint locks, wrist locks. At one time I spent vacations as a security guard in bars/nightclubs and part of the job was drilling de-escalatory submissions together so you wouldn't have to go full-on brawl-mode (though no doubt many of you will think this is more "Walter Mitty" fantasy telling........ one place I worked was a strip club....... how do you like that?)

Post edited by Sugar_Rush on

In physics we trust....

• Advertisement

I'm just making the point, as above and the reason I felt it appropriate to potentially write the Department of Justice is, I shouldn't be in this position!!

Law enforcement policy should be such that this type of behaviour stays grounded before it can take flight.

And what we're seeing in Ireland?

You know the reason I'm on a temporary ban from the sub forum "Current Affairs"?

It was cause 6 months ago I posted about anti-social behaviour on Irish public transport that moderators there deemed "ridiculous", maybe more "Walter Mitty" made up nonsense?

As of yesterday latest reports are that Dublin bus drivers are insisting on greater police presence for their own safety, and they've simply stopped serving certain areas of Dublin now entirely.

In addition to the state of the capital city which, as I said, is simply a microcosm of the national culture as a whole:

Video contents is absolutely common place.

I'm not going to contribute to it.

But I'll do everything in my power to hold those who are tasked with the responsibility to keep it in check, to account, where there's evident negligence in doing so.

Civilized decent folk shouldn't have to go "vigilante" justice cause regulatory oversight intended to preclude degenerative behaviour is neglected.

Post edited by Sugar_Rush on

In physics we trust....

Perhaps, and that would be fine.

Degenerates and hill billy's are always going to resent refined gentlemen such as myself that have everything in their life that the degenerates don't (like a future, prospects, a job, accomplishments, going places, not being fake to feel good about oneself, etc.).

But when the law enforcement officer I spoke to shared that opinion, and seemed smugly content I was taking shit from some degenerate for this reason?

That's not good.

It's kind of like, the opposite of what they're meant to do? (i.e. protect the integrity and progress of civilized society).

In physics we trust....

Jebus:

Apparently it's not only myself that has to take shit from dirt boxes.

Irish policy simply does not facilitate civilized living.

I mean, probably there's countries that are worse, like Romania, where I understand there's massive corruption within law enforcement.

But I compare this to Dutch L.E.?

I hope I'm not being biased or showing unrealistic favoritism cause, they seriously take no prisoners, but this would not stand for one single second, and I NEVER had any such problem in Amsterdam, despite being far more social over there that I am here - and despite the ratio of dipshits, statistically, being far higher over there.

In physics we trust....

Department of Justice, two most senior current officials:

What are they doing to reform policy so law enforcement can bring this rampant degeneracy under control?

There's a far right element to this massive under-current of anti-social malfescence?

You're damn right there is.

Cultural shift, nothing less will suffice.

As per the latest Irish-Times headline:

On the march: the far right is exploiting local fears and Government inaction

In physics we trust....

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,713 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Mod: I think this thread has run its course.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement