Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas out of season 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭BK5

Excellent, I live in Ashbourne so we could be neighbors? 😄

The Christmas shop is in the Beech Vista garden centre on the old N2, across teh road from Dog's Trust.. It's huge, the wife and I tip up there every summer so I can get my Christmas fix ha ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Andrew93

I'm in Ratoath currently. Hoping to have a new home in Dunsaughlin by the end of the year (fingers crossed), so not too far away!

Ah brilliant sure that's only 10 minutes from me. Will pop down this weekend and have a look. My anxiety of an empty home at Christmas needs to be reduced 😅

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,070 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I had a nice cool drink with my lunch today in the sunny back garden 😎

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The only way drinks should be consumed if you ask me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Found a tin of McVities Victoria biscuits in the back of the press in my grandmothers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭tscul32

Are they at least from last Christmas or are they like, 10 years old???

You'll never guess what film was on Film 4 tonight. 😄😄

• Registered Users Posts: 10,192 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Eh.... wild left field guess at Home Alone!?

Channel 4 group starting their cycle of home alone 1 and 2 out of season again I suspect!! They do this every year 😆

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Out on site yesterday with a certain client of ours, they confirmed that their Christmas run had started this week with puddings & that mince pies are scheduled to start the last week of June.

All I did was query the amount of pallets of dried fruit they had in their warehouse area!!😀

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,823 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Went for a coffee at the little shop/cafe at the beach where we go swimming and noticed a Christmas themed sugar bowl at the table next to ours 😀.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,540 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Flicking through the music channels last night and MTV 80's were playing Jona Lewie's Stop the Cavalry. 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Watching Top of the pops from 1994 that BBC4 aired last night. It was from December of that year and featured Mariah Carey singing all I want for Christmas and east 17 stay another day (personally don't acknowledge it as a Christmas song but I know some people do).

8 out of 10 cats does countdown Christmas special was on E4 extra last night. The wife caught me watching it 😃

• Registered Users Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Watching Glastonbury and there was a Merry Christmas flag flying while Guns N Roses were playing 🙌🙌🎸

• Registered Users Posts: 30,335 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Here's a few bits I spotted in Supervalu, Iceland, Centra and Lidl in the final few weeks. Also, in a few weeks ago I was working in a different shop and found the Santa hats hidden on a shelf. Sorry about the sizes!

I watched a bit of 'Fatal Extraction' (the Only Fools & horses christmas special from 1993) last night on Gold.

Always loved their christmas themed episodes., this one was particularly good though.

Day off work today , have the house to myself. Lying on the sofa watching TV and I lit a cinnamon candle I bought the other day. Real christmassy feeling smelling it and the weather not being that great outside 😁

I see Movies 24 (Sky channels 325, & +1 on 326) is showing Christmas in July movies from July 1st again this year & rebranding to Christmas 24 for the month also.

Think that channel is on the VM platform also.

These 'hallmark' style films aren't my thing but I know some on here quite enjoy them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Weekly Alexa email from Amazon this morning

Christmas episode of top of the pops 1994 on bbc4 now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭pigtail33

I just happened to catch the end of it. East 17, Stay Another Day was number one.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭PaulT21

Local business in Donegal. Might give all the folks here a head start on the shopping 😀

Just had to check out Movies 24 last night, these made for tv films are really not my thing but ended up watching one of the films for half an hour because it was set in Ireland and Stuart Townsend was the male lead in it. As usual, a very Americanised version of Ireland but I've seen worse. The film was called Christmas at Castle Hart (2021). Townsend has done so little work in the last 10 years.

Will probably drop into Movies 24 every now and again during July just to get a fix.

This is the door to our apartment in Trieste. I guess no-one will forget which apartment they're in

I don't know if they count but a robin red breast for me is christmassy.

My holiday feels like a christmas in July trip. This is on the terrace next door to us in Austria.

Jingle all the way on film 4 today at 16.45

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement