Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas out of season 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,197 ✭✭✭✭DvB

The lights on the mulligar house pub were still on when I was driving home from work yesterday. Assuming they're leaving them up as a permanent fixture at this stage.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BK5

Ah sure a few more months and it'll be easier to leave them up for the next one! 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 10,057 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Think they were there all year last year too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Hardly worth taking them down at this stage 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

The students in Maynooth were keeping the Christmas spirit going!

• Advertisement

Not sure they were, at least not these particular ones, I remember seeing them for the first time in the run up last year and thought they looked great, so if they'd been there all year I doubt I'd have noticed them 'for the first time' so to speak. Maybe they just leave them up until they break 😀

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

I gave in yesterday & took down my Christmas mantle arrangement - no more Christmas decs now until December!

Late November surely 😉 Like once Halloween is over it's practically Christmas 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

I actually can't do Christmas decorations in late November - we always put the decorations up on the first Saturday in December, so December 2nd this year!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,542 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

It's got to be Saturday November 25th for me this year. 😁

• Advertisement

Friday 24th Nov. or 1st December for us, depends on what day the late Late toy show is on. Though I provisionally have 24/11 booked off work as decorating day as that appears the odds on favourite.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

That's going to be my Day for Decorating. Only 266 days to go.

I don't watch the toy show so will decorate that weekend. 😁

Must be a good night to go out, pubs and restaurants would be empty judging by social media 😁

Found this in a drawer in the kitchen, simpler times!

I was in a taxi home and passed a house that had fairy lights wrapped around a tree trunk in the garden and it made me smile

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Hot water bottle spotted in Dunnes yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭tscul32

Will probably be the weekend of Dec 8/9 here for decorating. Well, the 9th actually cos I've just realised the 8th is the eldest elf's 18th birthday - god, I'm getting old😭

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Hello elves! I haven't posted in here in an age but when I saw these, I had to buy one. Am I going to light it today while the fire is also lit? You betcha 😄

Bought it today in MrPrice, they had a few ither Christmas scents too but I didn't take a pic in the shop 🙈

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Am raging, one of the local pubs has had a tree outside and lit since before Christmas (an artificial lattice type one) and I kept meaning to take a pic. Walked past last night and it was switched off...but it's still there, maybe they'll have it switched back on.

Saw a friendly face in Lidl yesterday….

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

this would have been me in lidl

😂😂😂

Local coffee spot still has it's Christmas lights on after hours!

And i can confirm that Neros are still serving Christmas takeaway cups

Some facts re: Aldi at christmas (Please note, these are facts from Christmas 2022)

1. This year is expected to be Aldi’s biggest ever, as it gains over 130,000 new customers each week.

2. Aldi’s bestselling pig in blanket last year was a giant two-metre-long version which sold out in under 24 hours.

3. The supermarket’s famous mascot Kevin has his own body double for the advert – the ‘real’ Kevin is the last element to be added. This year’s ad has already amassed over 21 million online views.

4. Christmas starts as early as January for Aldi, when its food and drink development teams begin to work on new and exciting twists on customer classics.

5. This year, their Barber’s Cheese supplier are making Aldi over 800,000 packs of cheese, which will need 10 million litres of milk – enough to fill four Olympic swimming pools

6. That cheese comes from one of the World’s oldest Cheddar producers, Barber’s Farmhouse in Somerset. Having started almost 200 years ago, they now make over 20,000 tonnes of cheese a year. But whilst a lot’s changed over the years, the business is still run by the same family, including seventh-generation farmer Alfie Barber.

Alfie says: “My great, great, great, great granddad started producing cheese, making around enough to feed 30 people for one or two months of the year. It’s just amazing how we’ve built through the generations and now we’re producing huge amounts of cheese for Aldi.”

7. Demand for Kevin the Carrot toys has only grown over the years, leading to Aldi implementing a two toys per customer policy.

Julie Ashfield, Managing Director of Buying at Aldi UK says: “Kevin the Carrot soft toys remain one of the most popular Specialbuys ever. Last year on the day of launch, we saw over 75,000 people queue online to get their hands on the new toys.”

8. Aldi’s new Panna Cotta Star is made by hand and it takes the supplier three weeks to complete the order.

9. Aldi’s Veuve Monsigny Champagne is the second most popular in the UK behind Moët & Chandon.

10. Products from over 5,000 British suppliers must make their way to customers across almost 1,000 stores. Aldi is expecting to sell over 50 million mince pies, 38 million pigs in blankets and over 1,700 tonnes from Brussel Sprouts.

Family fortunes currently on virgin media 1 is a Christmas special.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭pigtail33

Spotted in Lidl, Dolphins Barn earlier!

• Advertisement

An ad on my social media’s popped up yesterday. Seems like a trad show with Irish dancing and Christmas music all mixed together. I’m intrigued for sure.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement