Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas out of season 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭BK5

There was a show on RTE 1 this evening called It's a Park's Life and it was the full on Christmas episode.

I watched an episode River Cottage and it was set in Winter so there was loads of references to Christmas in it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Spotted in supervalu earlier....

And Nero's gift cards are still Christmas related...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,192 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Flicking through the sky EPG over the weekend and noticed a few christmas specials being broadcast, seems odd for the time of year but then again the likes of comedy & Dave show a lot of repeats so they'll probably come around a couple of times throughout the year.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Yeah, the likes of Dave or Comedy Central will always have Christmas specials on. I did notice Surviving Christmas and Reindeer Games were shown on Sky Movies in the last couple of weeks which was unusual.

• Advertisement

Home Alone getting it's monthly airing on E4 this evening I see 😊

Spotted this little Christmas decoration in the top window of a cathedral....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭tscul32

Lidl still selling these

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭pigtail33

Woodies still have loads of Christmas lights, and not even on sale! Looks like they're trying to market them as summer garden lighting.

Listening to Newstalk in the car on my drive to Westport this morning and one of the guests was mentioned as wearing a christmas themed tie (gingerbread men with santa hats on to be precise) to which he admitted as being grabbed in error, though that he was merely ahead of the curve and 8 monthsbefore the big day was nothing nowadays! Made me smile at the time.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement

The first Gavin and Stacey Christmas special was on Gold earlier today, caught the end of it with Mick playing his new keyboard.

Also, spotted a big Santa Christmas stocking for sale in Lidl yesterday, should have taken a pic of it.

Its getting harder and harder to spot out of season bits now, so when I read them in here I have to admit it makes me smile.

I finally picked up a new clock for the kitchen so the "it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas" one has finally been taken down. The wall is a bit plainer now 😕. Did it last night so didn't quite make it to May.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,335 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Sorry, I haven't been active here.

I think I still need to get caught up with this thread.

Well, Happy May guys. Some might even say it's Summer.

We've one third of the year done now.

Now we're into the second third. We've the Eurovision, Summer, two Bank holidays, etc and in the last few weeks we'll see the Brown Thomas Christmas Shop open and maybe even tubs of sweets!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

WFH today as I'm smothering with a sinus infection/headcold... meh... anyway have decided to stick on some relaxing background music & rather than Christmas FM classical (my staple background music when WFH) have gone for the Polar Express soundtrack/score... so nice a listen.

Really must watch it again in the build up this year as its been a couple of years since I watched it last.

SuperValu earlier...

Was driving in to the office this morning & 'All you need is love' by the beatles came on, instantly thought of the wedding scene in 'Love Actually'... 🤣

I see Daddy's Home 2 is on Film 4 this evening, not exactly a traditional Christmas movie but it is set at Christmas.

Also not a Christmas movie but Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory was on yesterday and it always is on over the season.

Spotted these in my local Dunnes

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,540 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Okay, which one of you was on my bus this morning wearing a Christmas jumper? 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 6,823 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Clearing out my home office today and came across a few rolls of Christmas wrapping paper and some gift bags 😀.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

These look AMAZING!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

OMG They look unreal!!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,540 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

147 Deli do amazing Christmas sandwiches. I still dream about them. 😋

Just ordered my first Christmas present for 2023 online... its a pre order for a book out in September, early I know but nice to get the ball rolling early 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Andrew93

Any recommendations for websites to get some home decorations from out of season?

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭PaulT21

Ear to the Ground Christmas Edition Just finished on RTE.

Christmas trees 🎄, wreaths and 23 degrees outside. Class 😀

The M50 Christmas Shop is open all year round if you live near Dublin, nice to actually look at the stuff before you buy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Andrew93

Thanks for that. Never knew there was a Christmas shop open all year round. I'm on the Dublin/Meath border. Might try pop out this coming weekend.

Might be a solo trip though 😅

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement